Pussy (linguistic)

Post pics of your gorgeous selfs and any RL meet. Links from other photo sites prefered however if using attatchments keep it to a minimum!

Moderator: Satyn

Is pussy as a word normal or offensive?

Other
43%
Other
19%
Other
38%

Total votes: 21

Lieva
Emerald Rider

Post by Lieva »

Sharkith wrote:er... did I miss a meeting?
its at the end of the topic 'is pry.net dead'

there was a crude comment made in regards to the picture posted re 'bunny chow' (albeit funny - yes i found it amusing tbh)
i edited it.
now all hell has broke loose.
Lievaordiea x Eldritch
Peonchants x Enchanter
Hibernia

Xest
Emerald Rider

Post by Xest »

Banana wrote:just because someone disagrees with you on the fact they find a word offensive doesnt make them prudes.
Yes it does!
Banana wrote:Seriously if anyone who finds the wordf perfectly fine can honestly 100% have the conversation with their mother regarding it then by all means use it.
No because my mother is a prude.
OFFICER XEST - PROTECTING YOU AGAINST FORUM CRIME
Che Xefan, el presidente.

Lieva
Emerald Rider

Post by Lieva »

Xest wrote:Yes it does!

No because my mother is a prude.
ahh but your mother could read this forum then chew you out simply for saying it :)
you really want this to happen :D

thing is were trying to entice people here not drive them away
but seriously :p if peeps wanna use words like that in the general forum then i wont miss it :p
Lievaordiea x Eldritch
Peonchants x Enchanter
Hibernia

Sharkith

Post by Sharkith »

crickey! Language is a funny thing although no-where near as 'queer as folk'.

People have a right to be offended by the use of a word if they choose to and they also have a right to express themselves. It would be nice however if the mere suggestion of offence was not enough to result in censure. After all if you stop communication on the subject then how can people reach a compromise?

Or maybe its ok for people not to have to compromise anymore?

If people can complain and the result is that communication is forced to stop then surely you can spot as adults that there is here a form of manipulation?
Na Fianna Dragun

Karak-Eight Peaks, Kiera ze Witch Hunter

Eve online - Kaminjosvig.

Lieva
Emerald Rider

Post by Lieva »

it wasnt a suggestion.

Croms exact words were

Then again its like pussy. Tastes better than it looks.

Or words to that effect.

All i did was edit it out from the forum which anyone (even nonmembers) can view.
He didnt get a warning not was the post deleted. So everyone can view it in its original state.

The thing is .. people seem to want to now use words which have no place in the general forum.
And ive said time and time again - the general forum (which is open to everyone on the planet) has no place for that sort of thing.

I know there are far far worse words out there but fact is..
on the general forum those words shouldnt be used.

i mean for flips sake ... this is sposed to be a GAMING forum and were having discussions regarding a word which is normally used in regards to pr0n and sex...
Lievaordiea x Eldritch
Peonchants x Enchanter
Hibernia

Takitothemacs
Emerald Rider

Post by Takitothemacs »

to be fair.... "bunny chow" could easily be missinterpreted as "going down on a playmate"! ;).... now thats something I would que up for!
Hib Pryd/Excal Retired
Littlefirby Lv51 ML9 CL10 Lurishade Thunderer

Mid Avalon - Retired
Cartilage - Lv 50 Bonedancer
Tigerstripe - LV50 Mauler
Xanidiu - Shammy BB

Xest
Emerald Rider

Post by Xest »

Banana wrote:thing is were trying to entice people here not drive them away
So why cater for the minority and push the majority away with censorship?
Banana wrote:The thing is .. people seem to want to now use words which have no place in the general forum.
And ive said time and time again - the general forum (which is open to everyone on the planet) has no place for that sort of thing.
That's entirely your opinion, but if you're insisting your opinion is forum rule then please let us know so we can make the decision to go elsewhere. The problem is you're not clarifying whether your personal opinion is directly equivalent to forum policy.
Banana wrote:i mean for flips sake ... this is sposed to be a GAMING forum and were having discussions regarding a word which is normally used in regards to pr0n and sex...
A bit like just about every gaming forum that's ever existed then? God forbid the majority of gamers talk about what the majority of gamers like to talk about on a gaming forum.

Ovi
Emerald Rider

Post by Ovi »

I have to say I'm on Banana's side this time. I think Selenia's post sums up my feelings quite well.

Posting something offensive "because we have free speech" is not acceptable, especially when people do it knowing that people will find it offensive, and it does not further the discussion.

Xest
Emerald Rider

Post by Xest »

Ovi wrote:I have to say I'm on Banana's side this time. I think Selenia's post sums up my feelings quite well.

Posting something offensive "because we have free speech" is not acceptable, especially when people do it knowing that people will find it offensive, and it does not further the discussion.
But it's not that clear cut is it? The majority apparently don't find it offensive but instead find it humorous, it's the minority finding it offensive.

Ovi
Emerald Rider

Post by Ovi »

Xest wrote:But it's not that clear cut is it? The majority apparently don't find it offensive but instead find it humorous, it's the minority finding it offensive.
I think Taki's reply shows that even those not offended realised it is not the right place to make that kind of post.
Takitothemacs wrote:OMG Crom... perhaps you forgot this isnt our /gu chat ]

I personally don't find it offensive, but I certainly don't think it was a suitable comment for a public forum.

Return to “Satyns RL Photo Forum and 18+ threads”