Pussy (linguistic)

Post pics of your gorgeous selfs and any RL meet. Links from other photo sites prefered however if using attatchments keep it to a minimum!

Moderator: Satyn

Is pussy as a word normal or offensive?

Other
43%
Other
19%
Other
38%

Total votes: 21

Sharkith

Post by Sharkith »

Takitothemacs wrote:fortunately we know the origin of and meaning of that phrase, it holds no offence to me... but I respect others views and they are welcome to them so long as they respect mine. Right or wrong there are things that at times we have to let wash over us from time to time.
yes and thats my point.

Nana your a real star you work hard to keep people happy and you take it personally everytime there is one of these discussions. I feel for you because all of the effort you put in makes it easier and easier for those that disagree to avoid each other.

We don't like swearing response: ok lets give the others an 18+ section
We don't like swearing response: lets make usegroups to avoid swearing (I never knew I could get the filter turned off)

I lubs you I really do but in trying to keep them all happy your making it easy for them to not to have to discuss things. It seems so strange that we have a group of people here all very loyal to pryd.net and all do is make sure they can avoid discussing with each other on the main things that cause resentment.

We are like some very dysfunctional family all sitting in our bedrooms...

;)
Na Fianna Dragun

Karak-Eight Peaks, Kiera ze Witch Hunter

Eve online - Kaminjosvig.

Tuthmes
Emerald Rider

Post by Tuthmes »

Banana wrote:yknow if people are gonna jump on me for making one comment ... well ill do nowt, just gnash my teeth in blatent frustration. Btw can i have your addresses so i know where to send my dentist bill?
(and before anyone says anything i DIDNT jump on the pussy comment. i edited it. it was everyone else making such a big deal out of it)
It's not worth gnashing your teeth over this tbh :| However using the words "jump on" and "pussy" in one sentance is very dangerous.
----------------------------
Tuthmes - lvl50 - rr7 - Ranja
Nefertete - lvl50 - rr9 - Bardesse
Neterbaiu - lvl50 - rr8 - Eldrich
Koenoe - lvl50 - rr8 - Dr00d
Achnaton - lvl50 - rr4 - Animist
Ausernefert - lvl50 - rr5 - Mentalist
Horemheb - lvl50 - rr3 Chimp
Soulsistah - lvl50 - rr6 Vampz0r
Nebcheperure - lvl50 - rr6 Valewalker
Mayet - lvl50 - rr7 Hewo

Lieva
Emerald Rider

Post by Lieva »

[quote="Sharkith"]yes and thats my point.

Nana your a real star you work hard to keep people happy and you take it personally everytime there is one of these discussions. I feel for you because all of the effort you put in makes it easier and easier for those that disagree to avoid each other.

We don't like swearing response: ok lets give the others an 18+ section
We don't like swearing response: lets make usegroups to avoid swearing (I never knew I could get the filter turned off)

I lubs you I really do but in trying to keep them all happy your making it easy for them to not to have to discuss things. It seems so strange that we have a group of people here all very loyal to pryd.net and all do is make sure they can avoid discussing with each other on the main things that cause resentment.

We are like some very dysfunctional family all sitting in our bedrooms...

]

oh well
ive gone from amazed
to pure anger
to frustraition
to hysterical laughter (thanks tuthmes :p)
to acute sadness over crom (i must admit i hadnt concidered if he would get upset over it. i just assumed he would shrug and say 'np prolly not best word to use' or something) so i formally appologise to him over this whole mess.

Seriously when i edited..i didnt think that peeps would get so offended by the edit or anything..really..
<points at rock> see i normally live under there and only come out every so often..

seriously tho :p

our job as mods is to make peoples lives easier.
doesnt make our lives easier..but well :)
Lievaordiea x Eldritch
Peonchants x Enchanter
Hibernia

Sharkith

Post by Sharkith »

Banana wrote: our job as mods is to make peoples lives easier.
aye its tough at the top. I suspect Crom will survive to be honest. I only just noticed what this was all about this afternoon. To be honest there are just waaaaay to may subforums here - best to prune them all down and leave the active ones alive.

Sharkith
Na Fianna Dragun

Karak-Eight Peaks, Kiera ze Witch Hunter

Eve online - Kaminjosvig.

Tuthmes
Emerald Rider

Post by Tuthmes »

Banana wrote:our job as mods is to make peoples lives easier.
It's an ungreatfull job, thats why Xest should be modding anyways :P. Yet he's advocating his/our freedom of speech over some pussy. More playing a certain dictator (this ok taki?) on these boards Xest!
Mayet - lvl50 - rr7 Hewo

Tuthmes
Emerald Rider

Post by Tuthmes »

And on that note, i hope you people see my point about people beeing offended. It's ok the say this or that, but when i call Xest something, all of a sudden its not ok.

Ill leave it there.
Mayet - lvl50 - rr7 Hewo

Xest
Emerald Rider

Post by Xest »

[quote="Tuthmes"]Now listnen carefully Xest!... The point is, nobody's (whas) argue'ing about the freedom of speech. It's what people/you made of it, cause someone asked you not too say it. If you know people might be offended (for whatever reason sex/race/belief/y0 mama) you could ofcourse offend the people and say] You're still completely and utterly ignoring my advocation of self-censorship. Once again, I've made it quite clear that sometimes it is a good idea to censor yourself but again I've also made it clear that sometimes you have to put up with what people say, particularly so if many of the intended audience are okay with it.
OFFICER XEST - PROTECTING YOU AGAINST FORUM CRIME
Che Xefan, el presidente.

Ovi
Emerald Rider

Post by Ovi »

Xest wrote:You're still completely and utterly ignoring my advocation of self-censorship. Once again, I've made it quite clear that sometimes it is a good idea to censor yourself but again I've also made it clear that sometimes you have to put up with what people say, particularly so if many of the intended audience are okay with it.
Making a throw away joke in a forum isn't generally a good time to offend, because it's so easy not to post it and it doesn't take the discussion forward.

Making that post just shows that you don't care about other people's feelings and, in what is supposed to be a community forum, shows a complete lack of community spirit.

I think Banana did exactly the right thing, it's just a pity about the over-the-top reaction from the loud minority ;)

Xest
Emerald Rider

Post by Xest »

Tuthmes wrote:It's an ungreatfull job, thats why Xest should be modding anyways :P. Yet he's advocating his/our freedom of speech over some pussy. More playing a certain dictator (this ok taki?) on these boards Xest!
If you're not going to actually bother to read the conversation before posting could you kindly at very least make sense with what you do decide to post even if it is completely out of context and based on a lack of knowledge as to what has been previously said?

Xest
Emerald Rider

Post by Xest »

Ovi wrote:Making a throw away joke in a forum isn't generally a good time to offend, because it's so easy not to post it and it doesn't take the discussion forward.
But when someone makes a joke it's also so easy to ignore if it is something you don't personally find funny.
Ovi wrote:Making that post just shows that you don't care about other people's feelings and, in what is supposed to be a community forum, shows a complete lack of community spirit.
Really? A lot of people found it amusing, therefore it suggests he was trying very much to keep community spirit high.

Return to “Satyns RL Photo Forum and 18+ threads”