Pussy (linguistic)

Post pics of your gorgeous selfs and any RL meet. Links from other photo sites prefered however if using attatchments keep it to a minimum!

Moderator: Satyn

Is pussy as a word normal or offensive?

Other
43%
Other
19%
Other
38%

Total votes: 21

Tuthmes
Emerald Rider

Post by Tuthmes »

Depends on how aggresive the pussy is :|
----------------------------
Tuthmes - lvl50 - rr7 - Ranja
Nefertete - lvl50 - rr9 - Bardesse
Neterbaiu - lvl50 - rr8 - Eldrich
Koenoe - lvl50 - rr8 - Dr00d
Achnaton - lvl50 - rr4 - Animist
Ausernefert - lvl50 - rr5 - Mentalist
Horemheb - lvl50 - rr3 Chimp
Soulsistah - lvl50 - rr6 Vampz0r
Nebcheperure - lvl50 - rr6 Valewalker
Mayet - lvl50 - rr7 Hewo

Sharkith

Post by Sharkith »

er... did I miss a meeting?
Na Fianna Dragun

Karak-Eight Peaks, Kiera ze Witch Hunter

Eve online - Kaminjosvig.

Maeloch

Post by Maeloch »

I always thought the word was abit sleezy and to my ears grates more than the straightforward cunt (+18 section fyi!).
Mael, 50th ment.

Slayn
Emerald Rider

Post by Slayn »

Tuthmes wrote:Depends on how aggresive the pussy is :|
know what you mean, i've met some pretty antagonistic ones in my time.

Selenia
Emerald Rider

Post by Selenia »

I would say that the context in which the word is used says a lot for whether it is acceptable or not. People rarely use it nowadays to identify a "cat" simply because of the connotations surrounding and associated with it. Anyone that thinks otherwise is obviously deluding themselves :)

Language is based upon peoples' perceptions of what is acceptable and what is unacceptable. That is to say, "who decides what a swear word is"? The word "cunny" for example has been in the English language since ye olde times and has since evolved into what we now know as the word, well, you get my meaning.

I feel that it's not necessarily whether a word is acceptable, it is the situation surrounding it's usage. If used in a complete sense of vulgarity (and in some ways Crom's post left a nasty taste in my mouth, boom boom) then I would think people would have the decent and mature approach to probably not post it.

Don't forget that we have a lot of foreign players posting here who might not necessarily understand the full meaning or comprehend what the word entails. Also I don't think that children nowadays are all too innocent to not know the word in question and in some cases can probably educate a lot of us in sexual slang teminology.

Television has progressively tried to push the boundaries of what is acceptable - from using "crap" in the Simpsons as commonplace for example which is a show aimed primarily at children to "The Jerry Springer Show - The Musical". However I do disagree with this whole "I believe in free speech, therefore I can post whatever I damn well f*ck*g well want" brigade. Free speech is about being able to have a point of view without being arrested or tortured, not a licence to go out and abuse it flagrantly and then defend yourself by saying "yes, but we have free speech".

I'd like to think that people would have a good iota of common sense when using swear words on a forum as too much of it can rapidly turn someplace like this, which used to be a good, strong, family orientated community, into just another night down at your local pub, hurling drunken abuse and starting fights (well, they do around my way anyway ;) ). Let's try to keep the two separate.
Selenia Blackstaff:selenia:
50th Season Void Eldritch
RR6, Silver Hand, Legendary Spellcrafter, 1xxx

Phear the tr3b!!!!11 (x2)

Xest
Emerald Rider

Post by Xest »

Selenia wrote:I'd like to think that people would have a good iota of common sense when using swear words on a forum as too much of it can rapidly turn someplace like this, which used to be a good, strong, family orientated community
Huh? language and comments here used to be FAR worse, I know I used to say most of it along with Svarun and Abbadon :p
OFFICER XEST - PROTECTING YOU AGAINST FORUM CRIME
Che Xefan, el presidente.

Takitothemacs
Emerald Rider

Post by Takitothemacs »

Xest wrote:Huh? language and comments here used to be FAR worse, I know I used to say most of it along with Svarun and Abbadon :p
bah... I feel left out and forgotten... ;)

mind you mine was ususally hidden in long unintelligible badly spelt words ;)
Hib Pryd/Excal Retired
Littlefirby Lv51 ML9 CL10 Lurishade Thunderer

Mid Avalon - Retired
Cartilage - Lv 50 Bonedancer
Tigerstripe - LV50 Mauler
Xanidiu - Shammy BB

Satyn
Emerald Rider

Post by Satyn »

Sharkith wrote:er... did I miss a meeting?
no, you missed a couple of prudes
Fallen Spirits GM
Obscurum GM
E&E
satyn1:

Lieva
Emerald Rider

Post by Lieva »

Takitothemacs wrote:had to select the option that said it wasnt offensive as there was no available choice to say that it tastes great and I am happy to yummy down on it any time of day or night! :D
yknow

i have web comics that disagree with you..

and how could you munch a poor kitten!!!! :/
Lievaordiea x Eldritch
Peonchants x Enchanter
Hibernia

Lieva
Emerald Rider

Post by Lieva »

Satyn wrote:no, you missed a couple of prudes
just because someone disagrees with you on the fact they find a word offensive doesnt make them prudes.

Seriously if anyone who finds the wordf perfectly fine can honestly 100% have the conversation with their mother regarding it then by all means use it.
Lievaordiea x Eldritch
Peonchants x Enchanter
Hibernia

Return to “Satyns RL Photo Forum and 18+ threads”