Are laws more important than individual rights?

A forum for anyhing not game related.
Moley:)
Emerald Rider
Location: A connection of Tunnels in UK . Ready to take over the world with my mole-brethren!

Post by Moley:) »

<ankh> wrote:Imo start with getting a haircut :)

/Ankh

You clearly not seen my latest disaster , cut my fringe off .. look like out of the babnd. The monkeys :(

http://hem.bredband.net/ankh/woman.mp3 <- to Ellen.

You clearly not seen my latest disaster , cut my fringe off .. look like out of the babnd. The monkeys :(
Loktah level 50 Blade Master RR2 l7 :mwahaha:
Moleymoleymoley level 50 Mentalist RR4L5! :stir: *Magical Gesture*moley:
Darksaga level 50 Ranger RR7!! :ranger:

Mid/Glast
Haduken WL level 50 RR3 l7 bunny:
Necronomicon BD RR2l6 Level 39
Darksaga Hunter rr1 l4 Bane of Albion 5670 kills! :mwahaha: level 24

Retired and Retarded

spam: Master Of Spamming spam:

Ovi
Emerald Rider

Post by Ovi »

Hmmm, Ankh & Satyn I expected better of you.

Just because you don't believe in the existance of some one or something is no reason not to use a capital.

Christianity certainly does exist, and therefore even by your arguments should have a capital. Deliberately not using a capital for God or Jesus is just being disrespectful of those who do believe in them.

Just because you don't believe in what someone else does is no reason to be disrespectful, afterall that is what causes most of the conflicts between beliefs!

Xest,

I also expected better of you, i before e except after c (and a few? exceptions!).

I belIEve in belIEf :P

Gandelf (I know you can't reply until after your holiday...),

Normally I would be one to defend your right to free speach, but I certainly agree with the mods on this occasion. You have said the same thing over and over, avoided the questions asked and totally ignored the different opinions put forward.

I am a firm believer in evolution. Most of the actions which we generally think of as evil are usually what I consider as our "animal instincts". Theft, murder, rape all have certain aspects associated with survival of the individuals gene pool. Which is the main motivation behind anything.

The main point your latest argument was completely missing was the fact that just because someone doesn't believe in God, doesn't mean they don't think religions exist. I am sure even Xest believes that religions exist :)

I think Xest gave a very good summary as to why religion has had a number of positive effects, but also why it is becoming more outdated.

I am sure the main reason religion came about was the fear of death, and what comes after. Personally I can't understand why people are frightened of endless nothing after death, just seems like a long sleep to me :)

Xest
Emerald Rider

Post by Xest »

If I beleive that when I die my body will eventually decay and I'll become dirt which will eventually turn into food for some plant/animal which will in turn turn me into a part of them does that mean I beleive in reincarnation :( ?

You know, the whole i before e thing is the one thing that always tripped me up as a kid when it came to spelling. I'd get immaculate results in spelling tests other than in words where i before e was involved. The question is, is this an evolutionary trait causing me to fail in correctly using the i before e rule or is it god having his almighty revenge on me for denying his existence :p
OFFICER XEST - PROTECTING YOU AGAINST FORUM CRIME
Che Xefan, el presidente.

Lieva
Emerald Rider

Post by Lieva »

Xest wrote:If I beleive that when I die my body will eventually decay and I'll become dirt which will eventually turn into food for some plant/animal which will in turn turn me into a part of them does that mean I beleive in reincarnation :( ?
so basically

you want to be a tree :D
Lievaordiea x Eldritch
Peonchants x Enchanter
Hibernia

<ankh>
Emerald Rider

Post by <ankh> »

Ovi wrote:Hmmm, Ankh & Satyn I expected better of you.

Just because you don't believe in the existance of some one or something is no reason not to use a capital.
Actually in this case it is - I don't belive in fairy tales. And sorry to disapoint you, but I can't stand religion.
Xest wrote:I'll become dirt
So no big difference eh? ]/Ankh[/B]

Xest
Emerald Rider

Post by Xest »

Bah :p people keep quoting me out of context, I'm going to have to start scanning my posts not only to make sure I have my i's and e's correct but also to ensure I can't be quoted out of context :p
OFFICER XEST - PROTECTING YOU AGAINST FORUM CRIME
Che Xefan, el presidente.

Thandruil
Emerald Rider

Post by Thandruil »

Xest wrote:Also, I've seen less blatant attempts at pretending to be illiterate I'll admit. Not to mention the chars in your sig. that didn't exist on any US server as was claimed. Try harder next time.
LOL, for some reason the chars in his sig are deleted now, says enough imo.
And the fact it had a RR7 or 8 NS in it, also gave it away imo ;) Especially since he was a stealther hater, no1 would think it was him then :).
Thandruil lvl51 Elf Ranger RR6L3 ML10 CL5 :thand:
Thand lvl51 Warden RR6L5 ML10 CL5:wave:
Vanara lvl50 Animist ML10
Extreme lvl50 Blademistress ML10

GM of Fallen Spirits :ranger:

Retired from DAoC now and started BF2142!

Ovi
Emerald Rider

Post by Ovi »

<ankh> wrote:Actually in this case it is - I don't belive in fairy tales. And sorry to disapoint you, but I can't stand religion.
Actually in this case, or any other case, it isn't!

I don't believe in fairy tales, Cinderella still has a capital C.

Not being able to stand something is still not a good enough reason to show it disrespect by purposefully disregarding the rules of the language. Take Hitler, everyone still uses the proper capitalisation, even though as a person he probably doesn't deserve it.

Ovi
Emerald Rider

Post by Ovi »

Banana wrote:so basically

you want to be a tree :D
And I always thought he wanted to be a worm ;)

Kabane
Emerald Rider

Post by Kabane »

Ovi wrote:Actually in this case, or any other case, it isn't!

I don't believe in fairy tales, Cinderella still has a capital C.

aye but Cinderella is a Name of a person as where jesus and christanity isnt its a its a translation of a differnt name
I see a red door and I want it painted black. No colours anymore I want them to turn black
I have to turn my head until my darkness goes

Return to “Off Topic”