EuroVision

A forum for anyhing not game related.
Ovi
Emerald Rider

Post by Ovi »

Xest wrote:Yeah cos that'd be an interesting competition Gandelf.
It's the best chance of "us" winning it again :)

Gandelf

Post by Gandelf »

I think Russell Brand would be better than Wogan any day. They should let Brand host the Eurovision in Britain.

Gandelf

Post by Gandelf »

Ovi wrote:It's the best chance of "us" winning it again :)

Well, a few years back there was talk that there should be a European Olympics team, instead of individual European countries. Same with NATO too. They say Britain, Germany and France should not be separate in NATO, but just be represented as Europe.

Of course, I'm totally against any form of European Union. I don't consider myself to be European. I'm British! I'd rather stick with Uncle Sam any day. Let's face it, the French and the Germans were always our enemies. Why should we want to join with them? Totally barmy if you ask me!

Lieva
Emerald Rider

Post by Lieva »

The girls at work said all the songs should be in english (including the french) and the songs would not have the country saying which song is theirs so the song which is the best gets voted for and not politics.
Difficulty would be in keeping it secret which songs are for which countries :)
Lievaordiea x Eldritch
Peonchants x Enchanter
Hibernia

<ankh>
Emerald Rider

Post by <ankh> »

Gandelf wrote: I'm British! I'd rather stick with Uncle Sam any day. Let's face it, the French and the Germans were always our enemies. Why should we want to join with them? Totally barmy if you ask me!
But their not your enemies anymore - welcome to the 21th century :)

/Ankh

Lieva
Emerald Rider

Post by Lieva »

Gandelf wrote:I'm British! I'd rather stick with Uncle Sam any day. Let's face it, the French and the Germans were always our enemies. Why should we want to join with them? Totally barmy if you ask me!

The french have nice wine and the germans have nice sausages :)
Lievaordiea x Eldritch
Peonchants x Enchanter
Hibernia

Xest
Emerald Rider

Post by Xest »

Gandelf wrote:Well, a few years back there was talk that there should be a European Olympics team, instead of individual European countries. Same with NATO too. They say Britain, Germany and France should not be separate in NATO, but just be represented as Europe.

Of course, I'm totally against any form of European Union. I don't consider myself to be European. I'm British! I'd rather stick with Uncle Sam any day. Let's face it, the French and the Germans were always our enemies. Why should we want to join with them? Totally barmy if you ask me!
Erm, the American's were always our enemies. They've never really supported us much - we've given them so much and got so little back from them.

Britain was allied with France in the Suez crisis yet America shafted both of us.

The only time America did help us was during World War II and even that wasn't until it started to effect them so they realised they had no choice whatsoever. The worst part is America still suggests that they won the war, despite the Russians doing far more for the war effort in terms of enemies killed and lives sacrificed to the cause than the US put together - America wasn't even represented in the Battle of Britain except by one or two pilots out of thousands.

They were even passive in the Falklands for the most part, really giving us little support at all.

It doesn't even end with Iraq, we've been the only major nation to give the US full support in Iraq, how have we been repaid? With their refusal to even help look into friendly fire incidents caused by their pilots and soldiers, even when we said we don't intend to take legal action against the pilots or try and get them extradited they go as far as refusing to even help our quest for the truth, something which frankly costs them nothing but would help us to learn better for the future.

We owe the US nothing other than the disrespect they deserve. The real nations we should give our respect to are countries that truly have always stood by us in times of need such as New Zealand, Canada, Malta, Portugal. Also the countries that have always worked well with us closer to home such as the Netherlands, Denmark, Norway, Sweden or perhaps even the nations that have forgiven us and gone steps further in supporting us despite our shafting of them so royally in the past such as India.

Americans actually mock us because we kiss their asses all the time, Britain was a giant once and the Americans enjoy knowing now how so many Brits are stupid enough to bow down to them as if they're our master. Meanwhile, many other nations don't mock us for the small nation we've become, but respect us for the powerful nation we once were - personally I know which side I'd rather support. Britain's worshipping of the US has done more harm to the UK's standing in the international community than it's done good.
OFFICER XEST - PROTECTING YOU AGAINST FORUM CRIME
Che Xefan, el presidente.

Ovi
Emerald Rider

Post by Ovi »

Well said Xest :D

Majty
Emerald Rider

Post by Majty »

Ovi wrote:Well said Xest :D
Agree, I would stand up for U.K anyday, Im more doubtful that I would do the same for U.S
DAoC - Hib/Prydwen
Ibarnae Greenroot - Lvl 50 Champion
Areliwin Greenroot - Lvl 50 Nightshade
Mileanna Greenroot - Lvl 50 Animist
Madde Greenroot - Lvl 50 PvE-Bard
LenaPH - Lvl 50 Buffbot Druid

GuildMaster of Aurora Borealis

World of Warcraft - Bladefist (PvP)
Warrior, Priest, Paladin & Mage, Lvl 70 & 60

Starwars Galaxies - Chimaera
Kepeetee Wamigma - Former TKA Master

Return to “Off Topic”