What came first...

A forum for anyhing not game related.
Xest
Emerald Rider

Post by Xest »

Satyn wrote:Folklore is that this question has no answer. If one would answers chicken, then the reply is: but what did the chicken came from?. An egg, of course, so but when one answers egg to the question, then the reply is: but who made the egg? Well, a chicken, but then, where did that chicken came from? So, indeed, it seems this question has no answer. So, is this `chicken-or-egg' question really unanswerable - a paradoxal question?
Well the idea is that the change to what we truly define as a chicken which would be an absolutely minimal change, so small that it'd likely be impossible to argue which one of many in the family tree of the animal in question truly was the first chicken but the change would've have occured at birth. So essentially, you can pretty safely always say it's the egg that came first, the grey area appears when trying to define which egg was the first chicken and draw a line between the chicken and it's closest ancestor - essentially the ancestor of the chicken wouldn't have turned into what we define exactly as a chicken mid-life it'd have been something that happened at birth and/or whilst it was still an egg. Of course, with all animals being completely different anyway the minor differences between each and every animal would be roughly as big differences as the differences between the chicken and whatever was before the chicken. Basically, the egg came first, but when that egg came and where the miniscule line that divides what is the first animal to be defined as chicken and what was it's ancestor is the question that will almost certainly never be possible to answer due to the change being such a series of minute changes across many generations and thousands (millions?) of different families.
OFFICER XEST - PROTECTING YOU AGAINST FORUM CRIME
Che Xefan, el presidente.

Satyn
Emerald Rider

Post by Satyn »

I give up!

Xest you talk to much dammit! ;)
Fallen Spirits GM
Obscurum GM
E&E
satyn1:

Xest
Emerald Rider

Post by Xest »

It's a way for me to depressurise my mind of all the useless knowledge I have worked up.

Oh and you give up quite a lot :p

Lieva
Emerald Rider

Post by Lieva »

btw

on the subject of chicken and egg theory

http://sinfest.net/d/20000519.html

enjoy :)
Lievaordiea x Eldritch
Peonchants x Enchanter
Hibernia

Heta
Emerald Rider

Post by Heta »

why cant people accept that its the rooster :(
Woho! I got a 360 \o/

Heta
Emerald Rider

Post by Heta »

why is it a rooster in the cartoon you posted where they argue over who came first?
Woho! I got a 360 \o/

Lieva
Emerald Rider

Post by Lieva »

the artist cant draw chickens?
besides a rooster is a male chicken
Lievaordiea x Eldritch
Peonchants x Enchanter
Hibernia

Satyn
Emerald Rider

Post by Satyn »

Xest wrote:It's a way for me to depressurise my mind of all the useless knowledge I have worked up.

Oh and you give up quite a lot :p

yeah i know if i get bored of something I give it up :p
Fallen Spirits GM
Obscurum GM
E&E
satyn1:

Xest
Emerald Rider

Post by Xest »

Such a defeatist attitude!

Poh
Emerald Rider

Post by Poh »

The egg came first :) i am sure i did maybe not a chiken egg but who said anything about that. Atleast i think dino egg came before the chiken but who knows.

Regarding mutation you can have a mutated male and a non mutated female having babies the genders just have to be 99.8% the same or something like that. The children then get some could then be 100% lige the father or mother or just a 50/50 depends on who got the superior eye color and stuff like that.
Pryd: Pohez 50Eld, Pohuz 50Vamp, Pohbot 50Druid
Glastonbury: Pohan 36Arms, Pohax 50Necro

Retired: US: Merlin/Alb, Lance/Hib, MLF/Mid

Return to “Off Topic”