What are those things called...

A forum for anyhing not game related.
Xest
Emerald Rider

What are those things called...

Post by Xest »

Where you put plants in and they have ultra violet lights to be used as fake sunlight. Can also get ones with temperature controls and stuff, also where can I get one.

I thought they were called terrariums but they're for lizards/insects/whatever it would seem, but then so are faunariums and vivariums. I've found plenty of these but they're big glass tanks like fish tanks and a bit overkill for plants.
OFFICER XEST - PROTECTING YOU AGAINST FORUM CRIME
Che Xefan, el presidente.

<ankh>
Emerald Rider

Post by <ankh> »

...time for some illigal plants eh? ;)

/Ankh

Xest
Emerald Rider

Post by Xest »

No it's getting to that time of year again where insects annoy me and whilst it's too late for this year I'm determined for next year, the great venus fly trap experiment of 2006 failed due to lack of sunlight and so this year I'm going to feed them UV rays. I'm determined that next year 95% of all insects will die at the window where the plants are.

<ankh>
Emerald Rider

Post by <ankh> »

...or they will be more than ever :P but the UV light is easy to get in a petstore..

/Ankh

Xest
Emerald Rider

Post by Xest »

<ankh> wrote:...or they will be more than ever :P but the UV light is easy to get in a petstore..

/Ankh
Yeah can get it all separately just wanted a unified solution! Preferably one that is time controlled so I can be lazy and just leave it to do it's thing.

I'll grow an army of carnivorous plants and may throw in a few cactii just because there's always someone who will come along and poke it and get a needle in their finger then whine about it to laugh at.

<ankh>
Emerald Rider

Post by <ankh> »

Haha fair enough, sounds like a plan! Most people build those things by themself btw

/Ankh

Xest
Emerald Rider

Post by Xest »

I remember my grandad used to stick them in the same room as his boiler for his central heating system was with a UV light, I may well just have to do as you say and make my own custom setup, I guess I can stick one of those timer things on the plug of the UV light.

Gandelf

Post by Gandelf »

Why not buy a fly paper? ;)

Gandelf

Post by Gandelf »

Or, instead of UV radiation, why not try Gamma Rays? Then the fly traps will mutate into giant versions capable of trapping unwanted visitors, noisy neighbours, pestering kids, cats pooing on your lawn, etc. ;)

Xest
Emerald Rider

Post by Xest »

[quote="Gandelf"]Why not buy a fly paper? ]
Where's the fun in that! :p

Return to “Off Topic”