words fail...

A forum for anyhing not game related.
Moley:)
Emerald Rider
Location: A connection of Tunnels in UK . Ready to take over the world with my mole-brethren!

Post by Moley:) »

one year difference .. wow really making sence there ankh .. well see if you care that much if it was ur kid.
Loktah level 50 Blade Master RR2 l7 :mwahaha:
Moleymoleymoley level 50 Mentalist RR4L5! :stir: *Magical Gesture*moley:
Darksaga level 50 Ranger RR7!! :ranger:

Mid/Glast
Haduken WL level 50 RR3 l7 bunny:
Necronomicon BD RR2l6 Level 39
Darksaga Hunter rr1 l4 Bane of Albion 5670 kills! :mwahaha: level 24

Retired and Retarded

spam: Master Of Spamming spam:

Xest
Emerald Rider

Post by Xest »

Satyn wrote:its been said that every ten years that come along, ppl/kids will sooner have their first crush, sooner have sex, etc etc
Like for eg if you were ready at 15 and you are now 25, kids now will be ready at 14.

I wasnt really playing with dolls at that age anymore .. but i sure as hell wasnt thinking about sex either.
You often hear this kind of thing in the media, and it's something that's become popular opinion, that somehow magically every 10 years the age is getting younger, the fact is though it's really irrelevant. 100 years ago, it was acceptable for kids to be marrying and having sex at such young ages, historically we've had child kings going to war, getting married, having sexual relationships since humans first stopped being monkeys, or in fact, whilst we were still monkeys even. In the grand scheme of things, the modern view that anything under 15/16 is too young to be having sex is at odds with not just human history, but billions of years of entire bioligical history of our entire planet. If it is down to nature, then it's simply not suprising that this type of thing happens now and again I guess.

As an aside, it's also worth noting that even as long ago as in ancient greece at the dawn of modern civilisation as we know it there are plenty of recorded incidents where older people were having sex with younger people also. Putting it all into context, it really does beg the question - is modern political correctness in limiting ages of sexual activity just fighting something that probably comes natural not just to humans, but to pretty much all species on the planet?

All this is not to say that we shouldn't protect children, and it's important to realise that child abuse is something we need to protect kids against because there sadly are some sick fucks who will force kids against their will or take advantage of their naivety and innocence. However, sometimes it's questionable if it really is child abuse, particularly if you have say, a 14 year old who's mature for her age sleeping with say an 18 year old. I guess what it comes down to is the problem that one law just doesn't fit all - people mature at different ages at the end of the day.
OFFICER XEST - PROTECTING YOU AGAINST FORUM CRIME
Che Xefan, el presidente.

<ankh>
Emerald Rider

Post by <ankh> »

Moley:) wrote:one year difference .. wow really making sence there ankh .. well see if you care that much if it was ur kid.
Whats wrong with you? Why do you make this so personal? Its odd btw, that you get so upset by this as its "illigal" according to you, but still you think its ok to drink when you arent old enough to buy it yourself? :)
Notice that I said that I THINKtheir parents will get in trouble. My sons sisters had sex at the age of 12.

/Ankh

Moley:)
Emerald Rider
Location: A connection of Tunnels in UK . Ready to take over the world with my mole-brethren!

Post by Moley:) »

as i said in my other post i seen this happens with my own eyes and see people acknowledge it just makes me sick. I'm sorry, just can't help it.

And i regret drinking when i was younger probably will die young, like my brothers friend. However that's not gonnna stop me for expressing my opinion about something i seen. So yes i do take this personally.

And yes I stopped drinking.
Loktah level 50 Blade Master RR2 l7 :mwahaha:
Moleymoleymoley level 50 Mentalist RR4L5! :stir: *Magical Gesture*moley:
Darksaga level 50 Ranger RR7!! :ranger:

Mid/Glast
Haduken WL level 50 RR3 l7 bunny:
Necronomicon BD RR2l6 Level 39
Darksaga Hunter rr1 l4 Bane of Albion 5670 kills! :mwahaha: level 24

Retired and Retarded

spam: Master Of Spamming spam:

<ankh>
Emerald Rider

Post by <ankh> »

Fair enough, your entitled to your opinion. But I had sex in that age (actually, earlier) and I took no damage from it - neither have my friends as far as I know.

/Ankh

OohhoO

Post by OohhoO »

Oh Noes!
Maybe I will go to hell for having sex before I was 16! :(

:p
-
Paddock - L60 Male Man Hunter - SM Tailor
Moegren - L53 Male Man Captain - SM Weaponsmith GM Woodworker
Paddreth - L60 Male Man Minstrel - SM Jeweller GM Cook
Skyros - L57 Male Man Loremaster - SM Scholar GM Farmer
Pauncho - L60 Male Hobbit Burglar - SM Armoursmith
-

Lieva
Emerald Rider

Post by Lieva »

Satyn wrote:its been said that every ten years that come along, ppl/kids will sooner have their first crush, sooner have sex, etc etc
Like for eg if you were ready at 15 and you are now 25, kids now will be ready at 14.

I wasnt really playing with dolls at that age anymore .. but i sure as hell wasnt thinking about sex either.
tbh i cant really remember how i was at that age.
think i fell in love at that age but i didnt want to have sex with him.
not sure what i wanted tbh :p
Lievaordiea x Eldritch
Peonchants x Enchanter
Hibernia

Lieva
Emerald Rider

Post by Lieva »

but anyway
my own opinion?

well
at that age you shouldnt be thinking of sex really..
i mean your not even a teenager.
childhood doesnt last forever and you cant have sex and remain a child
saying x did it at such and such an age doesnt make it right.
doesnt make it wrong but should we be accepting it either? imo no.
when youre 11 you have another 60+ years technically to have sex. (yes i fully intend on freaking out my grandkids by saying im still doing it with their granddad :p)
so why rush into it?
that and most adolecence is difficult.
you are growing up but your parents tend not to listen to you as to them you are still the kid in nappys. so you sorta do stuff to make them realise you are growing up
i.e pierce ears, wear makeup, drink alcohol,have a bf. (tho appt this happens earlier now than when i was at school but i remember it being utterly frustraiting being treated as a child and not a person who actually thinks. and i remember my friends being treated the same way :p)

not meaning to point fingers but i guarantee those kids who had sex? their parents used the phrase 'your too young to understand' a few times :p
Lievaordiea x Eldritch
Peonchants x Enchanter
Hibernia

Belisar
Emerald Rider

Post by Belisar »

<ankh> wrote: Edit: in sweden its illigal for somebody above 16 to have sex with somebody underage - but its not illigal for 2 underage persons to have sex. It's nothing they recomend - but its not illigal.
Moley ...what Ankh says about it not being illegal for two kids under the age of 16 to have sex is true for the UK as well. It is only illegal if one of the parties is over 16 and the other younger.

As someone who works in a secondary school I can say that anyone who thinks kids aged 12 are not experimenting is somewhat naive (as I was not so long ago). Even the sex education classes left me a bit staggered by their bluntness (I know more about lubrication now than before that class).

It seems kids are growing up faster and mimicking adult behaviour younger. In some ways they are still immature but they definitely have older type behaviour at a younger age (wonder if my parents said the same about me when I was growing up).

And while I am doing my old git impression ... what's with music nowadays. Cannot understand it myself, such a lot of noise and shouting, no tune, no decent lyrics and a lot of base thumping away giving you a headache ;)
Brain cells come and brain cells go but fat cells live forever !

Currently playing Hib (ofc) on Uthgard

Heta
Emerald Rider

Post by Heta »

<ankh> wrote: Actually, I think there will be problem if they are 11-12 or lower...their parents will get in trouble.
correction, the boys parent would get into trouble, cause we all know a girl can't do anything wrong
Woho! I got a 360 \o/

Return to “Off Topic”