My Dog

Guild of the Na Fianna Dragun

Guild website <a target="_blank" href="http://www.nafiannadragun.co.uk">http://www.nafiannadragun.co.uk</a>

Moderators: ambera, Penlid, Genedril

My Dog

Postby Jupi » Mon May 23, 2005 10:46 pm

We got a new dog 6 months ago. He is a pure bred Weimaraner and cost €700. He is only 7 months old so is still a pup and still goin through alot of training. The other day i was out walking him and let him off the leash on an old forest road. He saw a field of sheep and ran in, but didnt chase them was more out of curosity and awe, ofc he startled the sheep which fled.

Unknown to me at the time but the local farmer was in the next field and saw the sheep scatter and saw my dog. He called to the house and demanded we destroy the dog, believieing old wives tales that the dog is now a sheep killer.

He is classed as a hunter type dog, and its believed that dogs basic primal instinct is to kill, but imho a 7 month old pup can b trained and i wont b destroying de dog
Nothing in the world can take the place of persistance. Talent will not: nothing more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not: unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not: the world is full of educated derelicts.
Persistance and determination alone are omnipotent. The slogan "press on" has solved and always will solve the problems of the human race.......




El Grapplo RR10+ ML10 Warden :sheepskip
Silken RR3 Chanter :banghead:
Toothless
Jupi
Savant
 
Posts: 399
Joined: Tue Feb 08, 2005 6:50 pm

Postby Ankh Morpork » Mon May 23, 2005 10:57 pm

Jupi wrote: He called to the house and demanded we destroy the dog


Destroy the dog? Not just put it to sleep but actually destroy it? Now that sounds really evul!

/Ankh
Ankh Morpork
 

Postby Guinnessrules » Tue May 24, 2005 5:30 pm

what a dumb fook, kick his arsee next time u see him!!!!
NFD
Guinnessrules 50 champ RR4L1
Grules 50 anim RR3L9
Guinn 50 drood
Tamp 50 ranger RR3L9
Purppillz 50 vamp
Guinnster 43 shade
Guinnie 43 bard
Dragun still 41 chanter RR2L8
Painshee 25 Bainshee
Na Amadan
Tampico 48 drood GM
All active atm! (again) :D

AND PROUD FATHER!!!!!!!!!!!!
User avatar
Guinnessrules
Savant
 
Posts: 264
Joined: Sun Feb 06, 2005 10:33 am
Location: Sweden Norrbotten

Postby Quinlan » Tue May 24, 2005 7:39 pm

Jupi wrote:We got a new dog 6 months ago. He is a pure bred Weimaraner and cost €700. He is only 7 months old so is still a pup and still goin through alot of training. The other day i was out walking him and let him off the leash on an old forest road. He saw a field of sheep and ran in, but didnt chase them was more out of curosity and awe, ofc he startled the sheep which fled.

Unknown to me at the time but the local farmer was in the next field and saw the sheep scatter and saw my dog. He called to the house and demanded we destroy the dog, believieing old wives tales that the dog is now a sheep killer.

He is classed as a hunter type dog, and its believed that dogs basic primal instinct is to kill, but imho a 7 month old pup can b trained and i wont b destroying de dog


In a sense the farmer is correct. The dogs instinct led him to run in. Due to the new experience he prob was like..ermm what the hell to do now since there is many. Did he listen to you and come back without any problem?

And yes i believe your dog can be trained. I have had dogs all my life and trained to almost all degrees. They can be trained to not act on instinct. It needs a strong owner who is tough when needed. Ofcourse this does not always work. I have the markings on my body to show a dog can not always be trained to not act on instinct and that it sometimes overrulles it.

But the exception creates the rule. Normally should work perfectly and your dog should be a great companion. Just grapple the farmer..your dog can still attack him and deal with him as needed
finland:
holland:
User avatar
Quinlan
 
Posts: 1425
Joined: Tue Feb 08, 2005 12:00 pm
Location: Variable

Postby Flobba Job » Tue May 24, 2005 8:40 pm

1, that was an extremely random story to tell us
2, how the hell can he class your dog as a 'sheep killer' when there were no dead sheep? unless he's crazy and see's dead sheep rather then the normal dead people
Image
Image
User avatar
Flobba Job
Savant
 
Posts: 98
Joined: Sun Feb 06, 2005 12:00 pm
Location: Rayleigh, Essex, England

Postby Xest » Tue May 24, 2005 9:21 pm

Personally I think shooting the dumb farmer would be a much bigger favour to the world. But apparently killing idiots who go out their way to be stupid is somehow more of a crime than killing animals that are simply doing what comes natural.
OFFICER XEST - PROTECTING YOU AGAINST FORUM CRIME
Image
Che Xefan, el presidente.
Xest
Savant
 
Posts: 3022
Joined: Mon Feb 07, 2005 12:00 pm

Postby Satyn » Tue May 24, 2005 9:22 pm

If somebody would tell me to kill my dog cos he ran after a couple of sheep god knows what i would do to that person.
[color="DarkRed"]
Fallen Spirits GM
Obscurum GM
E&E
satyn1:
[/color]
User avatar
Satyn
Savant
 
Posts: 4289
Joined: Sun Feb 06, 2005 12:00 pm
Location: Belgium

Postby Jupi » Tue May 24, 2005 9:51 pm

nope he didnt chase them and did return when i called, funny thing is (or not so funny) if it was in the middle of lambing season the farmer could simply go to the police and say my dog was distressing his sheep (distressing sheep causes miscarriages) and the police would then have the dog destroyed/put down
Nothing in the world can take the place of persistance. Talent will not: nothing more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not: unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not: the world is full of educated derelicts.
Persistance and determination alone are omnipotent. The slogan "press on" has solved and always will solve the problems of the human race.......




El Grapplo RR10+ ML10 Warden :sheepskip
Silken RR3 Chanter :banghead:
Toothless
Jupi
Savant
 
Posts: 399
Joined: Tue Feb 08, 2005 6:50 pm

Postby Ankh Morpork » Wed May 25, 2005 12:45 am

Satyn wrote:If somebody would tell me to kill my dog cos he ran after a couple of sheep god knows what i would do to that person.


Especially since you got no dog!

/Ankh
Ankh Morpork
 

Postby Guinnessrules » Mon May 30, 2005 9:10 am

Xest wrote:Personally I think shooting the dumb farmer would be a much bigger favour to the world. But apparently killing idiots who go out their way to be stupid is somehow more of a crime than killing animals that are simply doing what comes natural.

Wouldn't leave many peeps left on the world if we could do so, maybe thats what Bush and co is thinking their doing.......
Tho i think they kinda turned the wrong way.......*cough*
NFD
Guinnessrules 50 champ RR4L1
Grules 50 anim RR3L9
Guinn 50 drood
Tamp 50 ranger RR3L9
Purppillz 50 vamp
Guinnster 43 shade
Guinnie 43 bard
Dragun still 41 chanter RR2L8
Painshee 25 Bainshee
Na Amadan
Tampico 48 drood GM
All active atm! (again) :D

AND PROUD FATHER!!!!!!!!!!!!
User avatar
Guinnessrules
Savant
 
Posts: 264
Joined: Sun Feb 06, 2005 10:33 am
Location: Sweden Norrbotten


Return to Na Fianna Dragun

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron