pony ram carrying

Moderator: Aran_Thule

Lieva
Emerald Rider

pony ram carrying

Post by Lieva »

okies since i dinged cl3 i now have access to backpacks. Appt you can load up rams and stuff into the backpack and not be encombered.
Would you prefer me to carry some Diminutive rams or try to see if i can hold a few 'proper' rams to be able to use war rams?

(am asking before i get as i dont have the vault space to spare if i get the wrong ones ^^)

/edit

and yes it is just an excuse to get the pony out in rvr ^^ but there just so cute darnit :P
Pity i need cl4 to get peons final horse tho :(
:satyn1: @ chocolate warhorse!
Lievaordiea x Eldritch
Peonchants x Enchanter
Hibernia

OohhoO

Post by OohhoO »

Banana wrote::satyn1: @ chocolate warhorse!
OMG hopefully it won't melt! :(
-
Paddock - L60 Male Man Hunter - SM Tailor
Moegren - L53 Male Man Captain - SM Weaponsmith GM Woodworker
Paddreth - L60 Male Man Minstrel - SM Jeweller GM Cook
Skyros - L57 Male Man Loremaster - SM Scholar GM Farmer
Pauncho - L60 Male Hobbit Burglar - SM Armoursmith
-

Wyst
Emerald Rider

Post by Wyst »

Always carry diminutive rams if you can get hold of them rather than full size ones, there is no benefit to the full size ones over the dimi versions

The MH guild house usually has loads for sale at 60g and if it runs out Ill make another batch of 30 or so when I am bored one evening

I should make for a few faster MARRs in the future I think with everyone being able to carry 20 odd bits of seige on their horse and making a right mess of towers/keeps etc in rapid time

I almost feel sorry for the repairers in the enemy realms, well almost as they can no doubt do the same to us <sighs>
Wyst Fullthinker 50 Warden ML10 BM RR8+
Vilcleft Cullthinker 50 BM ML10 BL RR5+
Ydrys Bard ML10 Soj RR4+
Hegglion 50 Voidy M10 convoker RR3+
Grusalug Hero, brainless ML8 WL RR3+
Cwmblyss MotherofWyst ML10 Conv RR2+
Ydryst Darkside screamer ML10 RR4+
Arnfiorgrit Valewalker ML8 RR3+
Molarbfloem Druid ML10 Perfector RR6+
Quickflick NS ML5 RR3+
Some others of lesser note on other servers of no consequence

All now asleep and probably forgotton

Aran_Thule

Post by Aran_Thule »

Sounds very useful and a lot easier then trying to carry lots and then getting rooted.
Nice to have a supply of trebs and rams at hand. <grin>
Aran Thule, Epic Sniper and Sojourner, Guild leader of the Artisans of Willow(roleplay guild)

Lieva
Emerald Rider

Post by Lieva »

ahh kewl

wondered as i know we always use war-rams to knock holes in the doors so didnt know if they would be better :)

will stock on dimiutive then :D
Lievaordiea x Eldritch
Peonchants x Enchanter
Hibernia

Kallima

Post by Kallima »

You make a battle ram by combining two seige rams.

Combine another seige ram to it to make a war ram.

So what we need are lots of seige rams. These come in two ways. Either carry all the bits to make one, or use the pre packed, light weight, convenient to shoppers, dimi seige ram. Either sort makes the same seige ram in the end.

Lieva
Emerald Rider

Post by Lieva »

oooh

i thought the demi were completly diff and unstackable :D

told ya rvr n00b :D
Lievaordiea x Eldritch
Peonchants x Enchanter
Hibernia

Kallima

Post by Kallima »

Banana wrote:oooh

i thought the demi were completly diff and unstackable :D

told ya rvr n00b :D
Don't worry, loads of people don't understand the ram thing. I blame Aran, he just yells I want a war ram up in 3.5 nanoseconds. He don't explain does he. <grins>

Watch next time we sling up a war ram. You'll see three of us make seige rams, then someone combines two to make the battle ram, then combines that with the third seige ram to make a war ram. The combine thingies are in your seigecraft menu. Lots of people dunno how to combine. Sometimes I've made a seige ram, dashed off to do a FoP, and had to run back to combine because no-one knows how to do it.

Aran_Thule

Post by Aran_Thule »

<nods> a few times on raids ive ended up having to create and combine the rams myself.
luckily we have Gwenne, Wyst and Taardad who are now practiced in getting rams up, i should try to get lindon up to 50 skill or something so he can build his own and repair level 1 towers.
Once you are skilled in making war rams, if your not trying to save money (each dimi ram costs about 45gp to make) it is much more adventagous to use them.
Mainly because they hit the door harder and are a lot harder to destroy, as you have probably noticed a few times we have managed to get back to the tower and find the war ram still standing.
Other things to remember is that a dimi ballista is good for killing the oil and if we have a siege pony then no harm in carrying some.
Im sure while we are waiting at Cain before the hunt we can get aran and wyst to make some. <grin>
As i have mentioned before, if anyone needs funds to cover siege/repairs then please let me know.
p.s. Banana no harm in asking questions or asking about something your not sure of, thats the advantage of having a nice friendly group, you get nice friendly answers <grin>
p.p.s. given i heard you gave up modding <hugs> did you loose your access all areas card? can you still see our private section?
Aran Thule, Epic Sniper and Sojourner, Guild leader of the Artisans of Willow(roleplay guild)

Lieva
Emerald Rider

Post by Lieva »

Aran_Thule wrote: p.p.s. given i heard you gave up modding <hugs> did you loose your access all areas card? can you still see our private section?
yea i have :p I changed myself to general registered user with access to the things i already had access too ^^
auto assumed this was the private area ^^

will ask for access now :D
Lievaordiea x Eldritch
Peonchants x Enchanter
Hibernia

Return to “Aran's Monday FG”