Public Forum for Moondogs

Moderators: Aedo, Gandelf

Gandelf

Want to join Moondogs and Be the Wolf?

Post by Gandelf »

"Be the Wolf!"

If you want to join, click on the link below:-

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/abw.mork/moondogs/join.htm

If you are a new member of Moondogs and want to be able to post on the Moondogs private forum, you need to apply using the User CP option (see top of page) and select "Group Memberships", which is under "Miscellaneous".

Then locate the Moondogs private forum group, and check the "Join Group" radar button, then submit your application by clicking the "Join Group" button at the bottom of the list of groups. I will then be able to approve your membership to the private forum the next time I log on to Prydwen Net.

Thanks.
Gandelf

"Be the Wolf!"

Irish Mythology, Moondogs:
"These are magical beasts, summoned by worshipers of Lilith as guardians and trackers. They are utterly silent, even when moving through areas where they should make noise. They do not bark, or make any other social canine sounds. The only vocalization they have is their howl. That howl is a sound of terror and death, sounding different to each person that hears it. The beast radiates an aura of fear that only those bonded with them are immune to. They look like long legged hunting hounds, being slender of frame, with narrow heads. Their muzzles are full of short, very sharp teeth, which they use to shred their prey. Their primary diet is not flesh, however. It is fear. They feed by some unknown manner on the fear they create, which is drained from their victims like life force. They also drain the life energy from the earth around them, and can nullify incantations created with that magic by draining it. It is not known how they affect other forms of magic. One tribe of Lutins has taken these creatures as their tribal totem, having any number of them with their tribe at any one time. The entire tribe seems to be immune to their fear effects."

Quoted from:
http://www.windlegends.org/mythical.htm

Cleish
Emerald Rider

Post by Cleish »

Thanks once again for the guild inv, signed up to Pryd.net as promised. I will be quitting Moy from the guild, as I forgot about the new guild (bounty points etc) rules to make Cleish my primary guild member etc. All the best.

joe

Bondoila
Emerald Rider

Post by Bondoila »

The Guild motto is, "Be the Wolf!"

Why is the name dogs ? If your going to be the wolf.
[Gareth]
Healer - L50 - RR4LX
<Crimson Eclipse>

[Prydwen/Excal]
<Hib>
Bondoila - L50 Bard - RR11LX
Bleich - L50 Ranger - RR7LX
Anole - L50 Eld - RR5LX
<Albion>
Bondoila - L50 Sorc -RR7LX

[Glastonbury]
Bondoila - L50 Shammy -RR4LX

Gandelf

Post by Gandelf »

Bondoila wrote:The Guild motto is, "Be the Wolf!"

Why is the name dogs ? If your going to be the wolf.

Doesn't really matter. It's just a name. If you read the mythology about the Moondogs, you will see that it fits in quite nicely with DAoC... we create fear in our enemies' hearts and then feed on that fear... almost like the Vampiir class in a way.

But, wolves are dogs and all breeds of dogs are descended from wolves.

In any case, it wouldn't sound quite so good if we were called "The Yorkshire Terriers" or "The Poodles", would it?

We could have had a name using the word "Wolves", but there is already a guild called "Iron Wolves". "Moondogs" is different, and not easy to forget.

Kallima

Post by Kallima »

Gandelf wrote:In any case, it wouldn't sound quite so good if we were called "The Yorkshire Terriers" or "The Poodles", would it?
I like the idea of 'The Poodles' for a guild name

Elrandhir

Post by Elrandhir »

Seems nice Gand, nice homepage also ;D

Gandelf

Post by Gandelf »

[quote="Elrandhir"]Seems nice Gand, nice homepage also ]

Thank you. If you have any alts to join the guild, I would be honoured to invite them!

Elrandhir

Post by Elrandhir »

Gandelf wrote:Thank you. If you have any alts to join the guild, I would be honoured to invite them!

If not for having all my IRL mates in the guild Im in and so, I probably would mate ^^ still nice effort in making an Nice guild for players, hope you get many people to join ;D

And imo people should get back to Prydwen now instead of play around on classic server ^^

Return to “Moondogs”