(Discussion) -- Post your starting server/side/name here!

Home for Warhammer Online players
Heta
Emerald Rider

Post by Heta »

I wanna be on same server as Ankh!
Woho! I got a 360 \o/

Trez
Emerald Rider

Post by Trez »

ARGH, cant decide if I wanna play order or destruction...

And I cant decide for US or EU servers...

God dammit, sometimes I wish I never started DAoC on US, know a lot of ppl both sides of the pond.

Xest
Emerald Rider

Post by Xest »

I think most people are starting US tbh, we just need to convince Satyn to join us US imo ;)
OFFICER XEST - PROTECTING YOU AGAINST FORUM CRIME
Che Xefan, el presidente.

Takitothemacs
Emerald Rider

Post by Takitothemacs »

Trez wrote:ARGH, cant decide if I wanna play order or destruction...

And I cant decide for US or EU servers...

God dammit, sometimes I wish I never started DAoC on US, know a lot of ppl both sides of the pond.
just ask yourself if you want to be subjected to the GOA equivalent of customer service. ;)
Hib Pryd/Excal Retired
Littlefirby Lv51 ML9 CL10 Lurishade Thunderer

Mid Avalon - Retired
Cartilage - Lv 50 Bonedancer
Tigerstripe - LV50 Mauler
Xanidiu - Shammy BB

Xest
Emerald Rider

Post by Xest »

Trez wrote:Good point, US it is, now to decide order or destruction...
Both ;) ?

Lieva
Emerald Rider

Post by Lieva »

well been chatting to a peep with a beta invite.
hes not too impressed with it :/
hope y'all like it but it might not be the game y'all are hopeing it to be.
try to get another view on it else y'all might hate it straight off.
Lievaordiea x Eldritch
Peonchants x Enchanter
Hibernia

locherbread
Emerald Rider

Post by locherbread »

Lieva wrote:well been chatting to a peep with a beta invite.
hes not too impressed with it :/
hope y'all like it but it might not be the game y'all are hopeing it to be.
try to get another view on it else y'all might hate it straight off.

This is one person's opinion of a game that is at least 8 months away, though I hope he/she's opinion isn't the majority outlook O.o

In saying that I've heard alot of positive feedback, especially from the recent Leipzig event, but the proof as they say will be in the eating ;-)
Greenpegasus Season 50 dippy & unkempt druid

Lovfinion Season 50 The Know it all Chanter

Locherbread Season 50 The Sauve Lover :brokenhea

Wolfzander Season 50 Little dude ranger

Xest
Emerald Rider

Post by Xest »

Aye, tbh one person's comments on an MMO are rather pointless. I don't like WoW but doesn't mean it sucks seeing as there are 9million or whatever that do like it ;)

Lairiodd
Emerald Rider

Post by Lairiodd »

Btw, what is the story with getting a US account, I assume it means that any updates or expansions (and the initial release itself) are delayed by 1-2 weeks due to delivery ? (though I guess you could get a 'friend' to send you the keys etc).
Prydwen
Lairiodd Level 50 Nightshade and Legendary Grandmaster Smith (1065) check prices here
Lairirian Level 50 Mana Mentalist and Legendary Spellcrafter (TDD)
Lairgreybark Level 50 Arb Animist
Lairmindlock Level 50 Bard (TDD)
Camlann
Lairthall Level 35+ Friar

Stocking one 99% of most of the useful spellcrafting gems at Houses 3304 and 3306

Over 150 gems at 99% stocked

Xest
Emerald Rider

Post by Xest »

Is pretty easy to get hold of US copy.

Some places just open the box for you, give you the key and provide a download of the CD from their servers/bittorrent and will even ship you packaging for cost or alternatively, places like Gamestop do 2 day overnight, I've ordered on a Wednesday and had Friday morning from them before, best thing is it's actually cheaper than buying the EU version, even after import duties.

I wouldn't be suprised if Mythic look into digital distribution anyway tbh so I can see it becoming less of an issue than ever before, last few DAoC expansions have been delivered electronically, and I think Mythic realise the importance of this, US players were actually quite the minority on US DAoC compared to people outside the US, there was plenty of Europeans, Asians, Australians and South Americans there, I'd guess the split was something like 30% euro, 30% US/Canada, 30% Asian, 10% South American.

In relation to GMT, the Asians tend to do the late night shift through to about lunchtime and the yanks come on in the afternoon and go to bed early morning. The euros of course follow standard European times so it's pretty decent because you've got an even spread all night long, in DAoC this was a massive benefit because it prevented the annoying alarm clock raids that plagued EU.

In all honest, I don't really know why MMO providers even need separate versions nowadays, sure have servers in a different country but the entire operation could easily be run from a single place. I'd imagine it benefits everyone because it can't be cheap running an operation in multiple countries. I guess the benefit Mythic had was they essentially licensed DAoC out though, I'd imagine it's the same thing this time round with GOA being a separate entity to EA/Mythic, this was always GOA's excuse for being underfunded compared to the US version.

Return to “Warhammer Online”