Population Imbalance

Home for Warhammer Online players
Saxif
Emerald Rider

Population Imbalance

Post by Saxif »

Wonder if anyone has come across info about population imbalances? With only 2 sides (even if each is split into 3 realms) its very possible there will be population imbalances, has anyone heard much about this or know which way it'll go?

I assume it will weigh heavily towards Order, mostly due to the higher population that Albion and Alliance have had in DAoC and WoW on most servers. Also I heard a rumour that the biggest number of players will likely choose between either Chaos or Empire due to them hvaing the only 2 starting cities, anyone confirm this? (it does kinda make sense).

Sax.
Erekose, Witch Hunter,
Undead Warlock,
Dwarf Skald,
Celt Champion,
Sho UA, Life & Item

Ethild
Emerald Rider

Post by Ethild »

In the beta there were far more Destruction than Order. From what I have seen most of the guilds that played beta are continuing with this and planning on being Destruction in retail too (along with their members that were not in beta).That said, beta testers are not an accurate representation of the WAR player base. They are mainly existing MMO players, and a lot of ex DAoC players. Obviously "new blood" will be quite differently.

I share your opinion based on previous games that on the whole Order will have the largest population. All this is obviously conjecture though. Different servers will have different balances, and they will likely change over time. I wouldn't bother trying to second guess the population. If it means that much to you personally, wait a week after release and check out the numbers.
<Severance> GM.
Ethilds RR9 Warden
Minikene RR6 Ranger

pikeh
Emerald Rider

Post by pikeh »

did I hear somewhere that they are introducing methods to police population balance?
Piikeh/SH/r40/rr4X
<White Rose>
R.I.P Severance

Gahn

Post by Gahn »

pikeh wrote:did I hear somewhere that they are introducing methods to police population balance?
Rumors are the solution is in term of queues -.-
Anyway if we end up with a 45% - 55% ratio i don't really see the problem.
Gahn LoneWolf Celt Seraph Tiarna Prydwen
Na Fianna Dragun
Gahn Lonewolf Guardian [TDA] on Gunnar's Hold

Saxif
Emerald Rider

Post by Saxif »

I read somewhere that there would be npc's involved in city attack/defence if there were not enough players on one side, this was some time ago though. I guess it also deters stealth raids, though I guess that would depend on how effective the npc's are ...

Sax.
Erekose, Witch Hunter,
Undead Warlock,
Dwarf Skald,
Celt Champion,
Sho UA, Life & Item

Return to “Warhammer Online”