Mickey Mousey

Home for Lord of the Rings Online Players
Ovi
Emerald Rider

Post by Ovi »

Yea I agree completely.

I was really looking forward to this when I first heard about it, but the lack of publicity along with "only" OK reviews, plus my general disafection with MMORPGs has put me off :o

Gandelf

Post by Gandelf »

I can confirm that it's £99 for lifetime subs, which I think equates to 11 months of one-monthly subscriptions. Bargain for me, cos I'm quite a casual player and take longer to level than most players.

Gandelf

Post by Gandelf »

I'm really impressed with the LotRO graphics. They are spectacular. I managed to get to Weathertop last night and the scenery was stunning. The game developers have really done justice to Tolkien's work! Admittedly, a lot of the descriptions in Tolkien's books were an aid to the developers, but a lot of it they had to create themselves and you can tell they've put a lot of thought into creating a vivid and varied landscape, rather than generating boring scenery by taking a square zone and sticking a hill here and a mountain there (like in WoW). WoW's scenery seems so dull in comparison and "square", or "zone-like"... in fact WoW's scenery looks out of date.

LotRO's scenery looks so real and awe-inspiring, especially with the atmospheric effects. You don't get the feeling that you're in square-shaped zones, but rather, in a living and varied landscape, as you would expect from LotR.

I think DAoC's scenery is closer to LotRO than WoW. In fact, if Mythic decided to redo all the artwork in DAoC like the artwork in DR, then it would look similar to LotRO.

I've paid my lifetime subscription because I'm so pleased with the game. With a few more tweeks and improvements to certain things I think the game is going to become a winner.

Earendil
Emerald Rider

Post by Earendil »

Gandelf wrote:I'm really impressed with the LotRO graphics. They are spectacular. I managed to get to Weathertop last night and the scenery was stunning. The game developers have really done justice to Tolkien's work! Admittedly, a lot of the descriptions in Tolkien's books were an aid to the developers, but a lot of it they had to create themselves and you can tell they've put a lot of thought into creating a vivid and varied landscape, rather than generating boring scenery by taking a square zone and sticking a hill here and a mountain there (like in WoW). WoW's scenery seems so dull in comparison and "square", or "zone-like"... in fact WoW's scenery looks out of date.

LotRO's scenery looks so real and awe-inspiring, especially with the atmospheric effects. You don't get the feeling that you're in square-shaped zones, but rather, in a living and varied landscape, as you would expect from LotR.

I think DAoC's scenery is closer to LotRO than WoW. In fact, if Mythic decided to redo all the artwork in DAoC like the artwork in DR, then it would look similar to LotRO.

I've paid my lifetime subscription because I'm so pleased with the game. With a few more tweeks and improvements to certain things I think the game is going to become a winner.
I heard that LotrO got sorta killed with all the expansions, just like Dark Age did. Is that true? I got a lifetime sub as well but I left after about 6/7 months because I realised Dark Age was the only game for me. Been on Uthgard since then
Earendil Halfelven, seasoned Eldritch.
Zakoraya Wildcat, Blademaster of Severance.

Lingering on Uthgard, the last stronghold...

Jalanteriel
Emerald Rider

Post by Jalanteriel »

Got a lifetime sub too. Had to stop playing cause the retards at codemaster banned all non EU IP addresses. Was only able to get back into the game a few months back when the servers were moved to the US. It's still quite fun to play imo. Not much into raiding so just taking my sweet time casually playing the game amongst my army of alts (across several servers :)
-WAR- Jalanteriel - Swordmaster - GM of The Sylvan Blades - Karak-Norn - Order - Retired
-DAoC- 8x50s, 6xLGMs - Sold
-WoW- Stormreaver - -Masquerade- - Retired
-LotRO- 6X Elf Hunter - Laurelin - Chosen Generation - 5X Dwarf Guardian - Elendilmir - EDMW

Return to “Lord of the Rings Online”