Thoughts, a month after release...

Home for Lord of the Rings Online Players
OohhoO

Post by OohhoO »

Apparently it's a WoW-clone (I wouldn't know for sure as I never played WoW) with vastly superior graphics, more roleplay & almost non-existant PvP.

Most of your XP comes from solo quests at early stages. Later on there are more fellowship (group) quests. You can solo/duo all the way, but you'll probably prefer to join a kinship (guild) for the later fellowship quests as these provide the best non-crafted equipment & aren't soloable, otherwise you'll be condemned to looking for PUGs to get them done.

Actually... thinking about it... I'm in a good Kinship & I can never get these blasted fellowship quests done anyway, as all my kinnies are either higher or lower level than me, which seriously sucks =/

There isn't really an end-game yet.
-
Paddock - L60 Male Man Hunter - SM Tailor
Moegren - L53 Male Man Captain - SM Weaponsmith GM Woodworker
Paddreth - L60 Male Man Minstrel - SM Jeweller GM Cook
Skyros - L57 Male Man Loremaster - SM Scholar GM Farmer
Pauncho - L60 Male Hobbit Burglar - SM Armoursmith
-

Lieva
Emerald Rider

Post by Lieva »

Ive played wow and didnt think it was anything like it.
Most people compare ALL games with WoW at the moment unfortunatly.

[(I like swg)
Lievaordiea x Eldritch
Peonchants x Enchanter
Hibernia

OohhoO

Post by OohhoO »

LotRo certainly has a nice feel about it.
It has character.
& it's not equipment-driven, which is a big + in my book.
Also there's no real camping.
Well... you could camp an area, but camping a spot would be pretty pointless.
You can pharm for minimal benefits if you want to, but you don't have to.
Name-enforcement is pretty strict, even on non-RP servers apparently.
-
Paddock - L60 Male Man Hunter - SM Tailor
Moegren - L53 Male Man Captain - SM Weaponsmith GM Woodworker
Paddreth - L60 Male Man Minstrel - SM Jeweller GM Cook
Skyros - L57 Male Man Loremaster - SM Scholar GM Farmer
Pauncho - L60 Male Hobbit Burglar - SM Armoursmith
-

Hrymf
Emerald Rider

Post by Hrymf »

Lieva wrote:Ive played wow and didnt think it was anything like it.
Most people compare ALL games with WoW at the moment unfortunatly.

[(I like swg)
Currently i am playing wow these days, and it kinda seems everytime you log onto wow its all about getting items, cash or rep so you can get items... Also me working silly hours means i cannot raid during week so in the end i will be left behind and feel outside kinda. So what i am really looking for is a game where i can solo during late night hours on my own, and in the weekend i could group a bit and have fun with others. Preferely without the huge demands of having to do something specific or get something specific just to be able to group.

knowing the lore of lord of the rings should be good, i hope i can get some story driven fun while solo in the late night...
Inzo Nightshade 7Lx
Inzak Warden 8lx
Inzork Blademaster 6lx

naic
Emerald Rider

Post by naic »

Do like me and don't be too bothered about the raiding items Hrymf. I'm just building up for arena 2vs2 team with what I can get from the 5 man instances which are possible quite casually. Then I'll just go with what PvP brings me. :)
?!

Lieva
Emerald Rider

Post by Lieva »

true they did go abit nuts in BC with the needing this this and this to get this key which lets you do x dungeon and complete x boss
and the factions...
Lievaordiea x Eldritch
Peonchants x Enchanter
Hibernia

Hrymf
Emerald Rider

Post by Hrymf »

naic wrote:Do like me and don't be too bothered about the raiding items Hrymf. I'm just building up for arena 2vs2 team with what I can get from the 5 man instances which are possible quite casually. Then I'll just go with what PvP brings me. :)
Thing is i dont really like the wow pvp that much, i rather like the instancing and the random grouping. But playing at times i do means i dont get alot of that and most my friends is running around with epics and cant be bothered with instances.

Though i do the standard 10 fights a week for arena points. By the way naic, where do you play and what? :D

Also sorry for the off topic :(
Inzo Nightshade 7Lx
Inzak Warden 8lx
Inzork Blademaster 6lx

naic
Emerald Rider

Post by naic »

Shattered Halls, BElf paladin lvl 66. :p

Started on Kor'gall but wanted to play Horde so rerolled to one of the newer servers that started. So... Shattered Halls. :)

Not 70 yet so no Arena for me yet. But me and Cogan is soon there so gonna be fun. He's a BElf rogue lvl 65 btw. :)
?!

Sharkith

Post by Sharkith »

Hrymf wrote:Currently i am playing wow these days, and it kinda seems everytime you log onto wow its all about getting items, cash or rep so you can get items... Also me working silly hours means i cannot raid during week so in the end i will be left behind and feel outside kinda. So what i am really looking for is a game where i can solo during late night hours on my own, and in the weekend i could group a bit and have fun with others. Preferely without the huge demands of having to do something specific or get something specific just to be able to group.

knowing the lore of lord of the rings should be good, i hope i can get some story driven fun while solo in the late night...
have you seen the new 'public quest' system in WAR?
Na Fianna Dragun

Karak-Eight Peaks, Kiera ze Witch Hunter

Eve online - Kaminjosvig.

Heta
Emerald Rider

Post by Heta »

ya, that public quest thing looks awsome tbh

hopefully I wont be playing war tho

Need to keep away from mmorpg the best I can, gonna sell my warrior in WoW now so hopefully I will pull down drasticly on the playing now
Woho! I got a 360 \o/

Return to “Lord of the Rings Online”