AoC Prydwen Server

Home for our Age of Conan players on prydwen.net
Etharion
Emerald Rider

Post by Etharion »

Lairiodd wrote:Yeah, who would be crazy enough to patch their game on different days based on language :p.

Btw, are there going to be more servers at launch ? If so, then the early ones are likely to be packed.
The server names availlable now are listed as Early Access Servers. So guess at release they will open up another bunch of servers.

So yes I think it'll be damn busy. Kinda a pity, would love to play on a slightly lower pop server like hib prydwen was. Which is usually good to get close knit community.

Jarakin
Emerald Rider

Post by Jarakin »

Etharion wrote:The server names availlable now are listed as Early Access Servers. So guess at release they will open up another bunch of servers.

So yes I think it'll be damn busy. Kinda a pity, would love to play on a slightly lower pop server like hib prydwen was. Which is usually good to get close knit community.
Dagon actually has a really nice community so far that I've seen, there are forums up forums.aoc-dagon.eu and the IRC room is bustling: #dagon on irc.quakenet.org - it looks like it's shaping up really nicely. Alot of old faces from alot of the realms there already. It's going to be great! :)

Etharion
Emerald Rider

Post by Etharion »

Hmm after reading up some more on the classes I can't decide.

Still PoM seems very tempting as it's the role I usually tend to play (daoc bard/wow priest).

But since I've less playtime than 5 years ago the BS seems tempting aswell since it seems to be a somewhat better solo'er.

Choices... Anyone have any advice?

Lairiodd
Emerald Rider

Post by Lairiodd »

Jarakin wrote:there are forums up forums.aoc-dagon.eu and the IRC room is bustling: #dagon on irc.quakenet.org
There are no posts on that forum (or is it needed to register first)?
Prydwen
Lairiodd Level 50 Nightshade and Legendary Grandmaster Smith (1065) check prices here
Lairirian Level 50 Mana Mentalist and Legendary Spellcrafter (TDD)
Lairgreybark Level 50 Arb Animist
Lairmindlock Level 50 Bard (TDD)
Camlann
Lairthall Level 35+ Friar

Stocking one 99% of most of the useful spellcrafting gems at Houses 3304 and 3306

Over 150 gems at 99% stocked

Jarakin
Emerald Rider

Post by Jarakin »

Lairiodd wrote:There are no posts on that forum (or is it needed to register first)?
There's some introductory posts and stuff, the forums only went up yesterday, so they're not heaving yet... :) The IRC room is pretty busy though :D

Puppet
Emerald Rider

Post by Puppet »

Might give it a go, at the moment still playing WoW on Tarren Mill - but AoC also looks awesome. Gotta read in and see if Im gonna give it a go :)

IT's also great fun to see names back from 5+ years ago
[Tuatha Dé Danann]
Puppethealer - Druid Barun ML10
Spinesprout - Ranger Emerald Ridere ML10
Pricklesprout - Nightshade Gilded Spear ML10
Spikesprout - Vampiir Thunderer ML10
Mushshroom - Animist Brehon ML10
Champtastic - Champion Grove Protector ML7
Scythles - Valewalker Raven Ardent ML10

E&E of Hibernia/Prydwen

Shi
Emerald Rider

Post by Shi »

Etharion wrote:Hmm after reading up some more on the classes I can't decide.

Still PoM seems very tempting as it's the role I usually tend to play (daoc bard/wow priest).

But since I've less playtime than 5 years ago the BS seems tempting aswell since it seems to be a somewhat better solo'er.

Choices... Anyone have any advice?
opinion based on playing both (bear shaman, priest of mitra) till lvl 13
Bear Shaman is a melee type of healer, so all dps is active smacking of keyboard and combos (lots of manual work if u ask :D), while priest of mitra is more classic caster, no combos till lvl 13 i could see, both could solo pretty much same way at this lvl
Luri 4 ever
Shin, Runepriest,<Ravens Bane> K8Peaks EU

Jarakin
Emerald Rider

Post by Jarakin »

I'm now a level 22 Barbarian, having heaps of fun so far. Was grouped with my level 32 friend yesterday, they can take you as an apprentice which raises your level to one lower than theirs, so you can play with your higher level friends, it's a great idea!
<Merely Mortal>

Unleashed on Camelot soon!

Lairiodd
Emerald Rider

Post by Lairiodd »

Jarakin wrote:I'm now a level 22 Barbarian, having heaps of fun so far. Was grouped with my level 32 friend yesterday, they can take you as an apprentice which raises your level to one lower than theirs, so you can play with your higher level friends, it's a great idea!
I think that rule is lifted from city of heroes.

What are the benefits of the level boost ? Presumably, it is just a stat increase. Does it add the skills/feats you could have at that level ?
Prydwen
Lairiodd Level 50 Nightshade and Legendary Grandmaster Smith (1065) check prices here
Lairirian Level 50 Mana Mentalist and Legendary Spellcrafter (TDD)
Lairgreybark Level 50 Arb Animist
Lairmindlock Level 50 Bard (TDD)
Camlann
Lairthall Level 35+ Friar

Stocking one 99% of most of the useful spellcrafting gems at Houses 3304 and 3306

Over 150 gems at 99% stocked

Slaraigh
Emerald Rider

Post by Slaraigh »

Rolling Slaraigh on Aquilonia btw, a couple of other DAoC friends there too :) Hope to see any friendly face there.. but remember, it's RP-PvP ;)
Retired WAR:
Slaraigh - T4 Chosen
Deuce Bigalow - T4 Shaman
- Crimson Imperium Reborn - Karak Norn -

Retired daoc:
Slaraigh Dwarftosser - 50 hero aran2:
Deuce Bigalow - 50 Druid :wank:
- Hibernian Dragon Slayers - Prydwen

Return to “Age of Conan”