AoC UI Thread

Home for our Age of Conan players on prydwen.net
VidX

AoC UI Thread

Post by VidX »

**Warning: Do not try to change any of the files if you aren't familiar with making changes to settings/xml files!**

OK, since I didn't like the default UI I decided to go looking to see what was out there and found this:

http://ledmirage.net/forums/showthread.php?t=3777

What it does is makes the UI look like this:

http://www.manachanter.com/pics/aoc/Usps_picture012.png

Now, I've customised mine slightly as there is an issue with that version that makes the UI HUD expand horizontally when there are more than 15 active buffs running on your character.

To adjust for that:

In "AgeOfConanInstallFolder\cd_image\Gui\Customized\Views\HUDCharPortraitLeft.xml" making the following change under the '<!-- *** BUFF ICONS *** -->' section forces the buffs over the portraits to go to multiple rows:

max_columns="10"

Also, as you can see I changed the font colour for guild chat (amongst others). Here's how:

Create the following folder in your Age of Conan install folder: "AgeOfConanInstallFolder\gui\default"

(Example: mine is D:\Age of Conan\gui\default)

Copy the file TextColors.xml from "AgeOfConanInstallFolder\cd_image\Gui\Default" to "\gui\default"

(Example: I copied mine from "D:\Age of Conan\cd_image\gui\default" to "D:\Age of Conan\gui\default")

Open that file with Notepad (or another text editor) and locate the following lines:
<HTMLColor name="ctch_clan_name" color="0xbf00bf" />
<HTMLColor name="ctch_clan_text" color="0xbf00bf" />
These are the entries for the Guild chat.

At the top of that file you will see the codes for the colours so just replace the existing codes with the one you want.

Example: in the screenshot my Guilds names are Olive (0x808000) and the text is Green (0x008000).

Save that file and then load up AoC to see the colour changes.

Now, anyone fed up with their screen filling up with messages when they gain a level or collect quest items, etc.?

Grab this file and extract it to "AgeOfConanInstallFolder\cd_image\Gui\"

http://ryiort.shackspace.com/AoC/files/ ... v1.0.2.zip
Usp Caffeinechanter - level 6 Roasted Bean
Can find me as Manachanter in most things...
World of Warships [NA] mainly

usp:

Lairiodd
Emerald Rider

Post by Lairiodd »

Pity we can't test these atm :p
Prydwen
Lairiodd Level 50 Nightshade and Legendary Grandmaster Smith (1065) check prices here
Lairirian Level 50 Mana Mentalist and Legendary Spellcrafter (TDD)
Lairgreybark Level 50 Arb Animist
Lairmindlock Level 50 Bard (TDD)
Camlann
Lairthall Level 35+ Friar

Stocking one 99% of most of the useful spellcrafting gems at Houses 3304 and 3306

Over 150 gems at 99% stocked

Hoonius

Post by Hoonius »

Lairiodd wrote:Pity we can't test these atm :p
It's a nice UI. Copies striahgt over the top of your CD_IMAGE folder now so installation is pretty easy too

He's on top of all the recent patches as well. Recommended :¬)

Return to “Age of Conan”