New Rating System

Forum announcements and other general information
Lairiodd
Emerald Rider

Post by Lairiodd »

Aran_Thule wrote:umm, im a bit confused.
i love trading but i dont really like the idea of this.
the result of any bets is reliant on the mods viewpoint, add to that that you want mods to check and rate every single post...
the level is too extreme, if it was rate a thread then it would make more sense but every post <shakes head>
Also what is the point of it? if its just a game then fair enough but from past experiance it will end up with someone getting offended/upset i dont really see the point of it.
The point is that the mods don't need to rate all the posts as the rating should reflect the best guess of what the mods would rate it.
Prydwen
Lairiodd Level 50 Nightshade and Legendary Grandmaster Smith (1065) check prices here
Lairirian Level 50 Mana Mentalist and Legendary Spellcrafter (TDD)
Lairgreybark Level 50 Arb Animist
Lairmindlock Level 50 Bard (TDD)
Camlann
Lairthall Level 35+ Friar

Stocking one 99% of most of the useful spellcrafting gems at Houses 3304 and 3306

Over 150 gems at 99% stocked

OohhoO

Post by OohhoO »

The make or break of any rating system is wether or not people actually use it.

The old rating system got used a lot, and despite the reservations of some mods I think it portrayed a relatively accurate picture of how people felt about others posts.

I wish you luck with this new rating system, but I'm really having trouble relating to it in any way, so the chances are I'll experiment a bit & then just ... drift away from it.
-
Paddock - L60 Male Man Hunter - SM Tailor
Moegren - L53 Male Man Captain - SM Weaponsmith GM Woodworker
Paddreth - L60 Male Man Minstrel - SM Jeweller GM Cook
Skyros - L57 Male Man Loremaster - SM Scholar GM Farmer
Pauncho - L60 Male Hobbit Burglar - SM Armoursmith
-

Lairiodd
Emerald Rider

Post by Lairiodd »

Well, you don't need to fully understand all the mechanics :), if you see a post that is rated badly, rate it more accurately. If you do this well you will on average gain credits.
Prydwen
Lairiodd Level 50 Nightshade and Legendary Grandmaster Smith (1065) check prices here
Camlann

Stocking one 99% of most of the useful spellcrafting gems at Houses 3304 and 3306

Sharkith

Post by Sharkith »

well I like the idea of having another game to play while I am working - so its worth having a laugh. It does give Mods power but then they are the Mods and they ought to be in tune with the community. I can see some people getting het up about it though.

Anyway the key point is that OohhoO's frustration rating has not gone down yet and I think so far it is failing in its appointed task. :)

As for using it in the long run - give it a wizz it carn't do any harm tbh.

Wyst
Emerald Rider

Post by Wyst »

Should I be able to rate a post more than once?

At present I can and have used it to artificially alter the viewed rating of a post whilst having no risk to my personal assets as I instantly closed down the thingy in ratings manager.
Wyst Fullthinker 50 Warden ML10 BM RR8+
Vilcleft Cullthinker 50 BM ML10 BL RR5+
Ydrys Bard ML10 Soj RR4+
Hegglion 50 Voidy M10 convoker RR3+
Grusalug Hero, brainless ML8 WL RR3+
Cwmblyss MotherofWyst ML10 Conv RR2+
Ydryst Darkside screamer ML10 RR4+
Arnfiorgrit Valewalker ML8 RR3+
Molarbfloem Druid ML10 Perfector RR6+
Quickflick NS ML5 RR3+
Some others of lesser note on other servers of no consequence

All now asleep and probably forgotton

Sharkith

Post by Sharkith »

yes then try selling the first post especially if you buy the later ones at a higher rate. - I am totally cunfuzzled - its very confusing. I gues thats why I don't bet on stuff.

Satyn
Emerald Rider

Post by Satyn »

[quote="Xest"]Personally I don't care if someone approves my way of posting or not ]

I feel the same way tbh. I liked the old one better then I could play along aswell but now if I rate something .... well I still dont understand the thing so I prolly wont rate anything :)
Fallen Spirits GM
Obscurum GM
E&E
satyn1:

Lairiodd
Emerald Rider

Post by Lairiodd »

Wyst wrote:Should I be able to rate a post more than once?

At present I can and have used it to artificially alter the viewed rating of a post whilst having no risk to my personal assets as I instantly closed down the thingy in ratings manager.
Well, if I put in the rating average, then posts which have no bidders will not count towards the average.

In any case, need to put in a prize for the first person to hit 1,000,000 credits :p
Prydwen
Camlann

OohhoO

Post by OohhoO »

Satyn wrote:I feel the same way tbh. I liked the old one better then I could play along aswell but now if I rate something .... well I still dont understand the thing so I prolly wont rate anything :)
/absolutely agree
-
Paddock - L60 Male Man Hunter - SM Tailor
Moegren - L53 Male Man Captain - SM Weaponsmith GM Woodworker
Paddreth - L60 Male Man Minstrel - SM Jeweller GM Cook
Skyros - L57 Male Man Loremaster - SM Scholar GM Farmer
Pauncho - L60 Male Hobbit Burglar - SM Armoursmith
-

centurion
Emerald Rider

Post by centurion »

Why have a rating system at all? Doubt people are actually bothered about post context, probably just rate negative if they dislike the poster.
Zephina
<Eclipse>

game over

Return to “Announcements”