Zimquik and the joys of boss spawn timers

Hyborian Dragon Slayers Private forum
Lairiodd
Emerald Rider

Zimquik and the joys of boss spawn timers

Post by Lairiodd »

Basic story

Zimquik (Sol Invictus) + group kills boss mob we needed just before we arrived

He asks did we need it and wierdly, he says 'good' when we say we did. There were only 2 of us, so wouldn't have been able to kill boss anyway.

While waiting for boss pop, group expands to 4.

A few mins before it pops again, he arrived back and says nothing when we ask if he needs mob and/or wants to group.

The mob pops and he gets lock + kills it again

He then leaves again (group is understandably ****ed).

He then sends me a message saying that someone from HDS did the same to him. I assume that means that he was waiting for 30 mins or so on a boss pop and then someone from the guild pulled first. In any case, his revenge was to grief anyone from HDS that he saw.

I tell him that a better resolution would be to inform someone from the guild and maybe we could resolve it.

Eventually, I get a tell telling me that I should thank Thasoth for having to wait for the boss to pop.

Frankly I think that if he was griefed, it couldn't have happened to a nicer person.
Prydwen
Lairiodd Level 50 Nightshade and Legendary Grandmaster Smith (1065) check prices here
Lairirian Level 50 Mana Mentalist and Legendary Spellcrafter (TDD)
Lairgreybark Level 50 Arb Animist
Lairmindlock Level 50 Bard (TDD)
Camlann
Lairthall Level 35+ Friar

Stocking one 99% of most of the useful spellcrafting gems at Houses 3304 and 3306

Over 150 gems at 99% stocked

<ankh>
Emerald Rider

Post by <ankh> »

What a weird story!

Belisar
Emerald Rider

Post by Belisar »

I am only level 17 but from what I have seen this happens a lot.

Mob bosses are camped, people don't respond to requests to group and it is a race to pull first.

I was kind of hoping it would ease off as we went up the levels - but perhaps it will not.

I wonder how true Zimquik's story is. All seems a bit odd to me.
Brain cells come and brain cells go but fat cells live forever !

Currently playing Hib (ofc) on Uthgard

Lairiodd
Emerald Rider

Post by Lairiodd »

I wasn't really complaining, I said I would pass on his message, so I have.

I was thinking about not bothering as frankly someone who would take revenge in such a manner isn't worth much respect.

I can imagine that someone arrived and didn't see him, maybe he arrived just as the pop happened and then pulled.

Another option is that Zimquik was asked to group and ignored it, and then was to slow on the pull when the pop happened.

Anyway, certainly in that situation, I always ask to group up ... I mean it is in everyone's interests, everyone gets credit and you have more people to kill boss. I even ask to group when I am doing a kill 40 mobs of type X as that way everyone in the group finishes the quest faster. However, that tends to make people think I am asking for help :p.
Prydwen
Lairiodd Level 50 Nightshade and Legendary Grandmaster Smith (1065) check prices here
Lairirian Level 50 Mana Mentalist and Legendary Spellcrafter (TDD)
Lairgreybark Level 50 Arb Animist
Lairmindlock Level 50 Bard (TDD)
Camlann
Lairthall Level 35+ Friar

Stocking one 99% of most of the useful spellcrafting gems at Houses 3304 and 3306

Over 150 gems at 99% stocked

Return to “Private Forum”