TBC first impressions

Home for our World of Warcraft players on prydwen.net
Lieva
Emerald Rider

TBC first impressions

Post by Lieva »

ok
when i first went to outlands the lag was virtually unplayable.

I would cast and see the animation about 1hr later.
hence death

however...when i ran to the nice swampy place there was no lag and i could appreciate the game more.

Exploring is hard. WAY too much agro. Its very difficult to find your way thru mobs sometimes.
Some of the mobs seem to be bugged. I saw a flying thing in the Shadowmoon Valley which seemed neutral. It laughed at me as i got closer and swooped in for the attack. At 68 i had no chance so legged it on my trust Ram. When it disengaged i saw the con stayed agressive.

Also there are mobs that are TOTALLY invisable. They either jump through the ground (not invisable really..there are rocks shaking on the surface where they spawn) and others which just appear from no where...

There are alot of flight paths so seems easy to travel from zone to zone. If you have gone with the 'scryer' faction there is a nice gryffin/bat point in the Shadowmoon Valley. I havent been able to find the other faction flight path so may be worth getting neutral with the Scryer faction simply for that fact.
BTW the Scryer place is next to an Epic mob location for when you are 68 so thats handy :) However its not hard getting from the main flight place (Warhammer Keep(?) where you can buy your riding mounts at 70) to there :)
There is agro but it seems to ignore you :)

Seems to be an insta in one place purely connected to the lower city so defo worth getting faction for that.

Interesting stories from the NPC but way too much to take in all at once :)
Lievaordiea x Eldritch
Peonchants x Enchanter
Hibernia

Heta
Emerald Rider

Post by Heta »

First impression for me was that I would most likley stop playing WoW totaly, as it was such a pain beeing able to install the game. For some reason the installer bugs for some people which make it crash all the time. Found out after a few hours of hair tearing that I was forced to copy all CD's to the comp to be able to install... kinda crap imo
Woho! I got a 360 \o/

Gandelf

Post by Gandelf »

TBC is brilliant. I didn't have any problems installing the game, or any lag issues. It all went very smoothly. I liked also how the installer invoked an automatic routine for upgrading your account to TBC, while the game installed. With DAoC you have to do that manually which is a bit crap tbh! As an expansion, TBC is superb and puts the DAoC expansions to shame. Blizzard have married original WoW and TBC seamlessly, with so much extra content. It looks great too, with the new zones adding yet more atmosphere to the game. I think Mythic need to take a leaf out of Blizzard's book.

<ankh>
Emerald Rider

Post by <ankh> »

Gandelf wrote: I think Mythic need to take a leaf out of Blizzard's book.
I've heard loads of people having problems installing the game.

Heta
Emerald Rider

Post by Heta »

<ankh> wrote:I've heard loads of people having problems installing the game.
jup, was alot of problems with installing the addon for alot of people.

And the most annoying part about it is once you uppgraded your account you can no longer log in on the older client, which suck donkey balls
Woho! I got a 360 \o/

Xest
Emerald Rider

Post by Xest »

Gandelf wrote:I think Mythic need to take a leaf out of Blizzard's book.
What you mean delay their expansions by a few months, followed by a full 6months followed by a few more months pushing it back further past the Christmas period?

Not all companies have the cash buffer Blizzard does and hence can't afford to delay expansions by over 9 months total. Now that Mythic is controlled by EA, you can be rest assured that Mythic will be able to push expansions back to perfect them however. Just don't come whining that WARs expansions have been pushed back because you can't have perfection and have it done in a 1 year time scale.

It'll be interesting to see how the next WoW expansion is since they announced that the following ones will be once per year, although in true Blizzard style I don't believe for a second they wont get pushed back and end up more realistically one every 18months, the original WoW alone was delayed by over 3 years. All that said, Blizzard do have more of a cash mountain than ever before now though, so perhaps they can afford to pay enough developers to get something done on time for once!
OFFICER XEST - PROTECTING YOU AGAINST FORUM CRIME
Che Xefan, el presidente.

Lieva
Emerald Rider

Post by Lieva »

well
the first one is like TOA...

epics useless within 2 days of playing :/
but tis good :)
im 64 closing on 65 atm :)
and although you NEED factions..so far im friendly with every faction ive met due to doing all their quests :p

but blizzard need to do things in the next patch

a: make it not nessecary to get facions - some people really hate that. But so far - like i said - has been easy
b: upgrade the armour in the dungeons. Yes i know it can be set to legendary *but* why would anyone get alligned for MC if you can farm in outlands solo and get better gear?
c: get rid of those goddam gold sellers...
Lievaordiea x Eldritch
Peonchants x Enchanter
Hibernia

Satyn
Emerald Rider

Post by Satyn »

Lieva wrote: c: get rid of those goddam gold sellers...
hehe that really bugs you doesnt it. Must say that since the expansion i havent seen one gold seller so far on my server. But before that it was a bit much, pm's etc
Fallen Spirits GM
Obscurum GM
E&E
satyn1:

Lieva
Emerald Rider

Post by Lieva »

Satyn wrote:hehe that really bugs you doesnt it. Must say that since the expansion i havent seen one gold seller so far on my server. But before that it was a bit much, pm's etc
tbh
the fact they exsist doesnt bother me

its the fact the macros are just so darn annoying.
Constant spam of /s channel when your in IF or anywhere
and about 10lines of spam text at once in general.
so you tend to miss if people send you :(

and the fact that the websites are ALWAYS the same...
Why they still have trade i never know.
I started off with 100g before TBC. Im now 64 and have trained @2g~ per spell and respecced twice @ 35g and managed to save up near 500g to buy a epic mount... (friend gave me a loan for the rest - was 630g - i had 530g )
The cash drop/quest selling is insane..
You could easily get the 8k needed for the flying mount i recon.
Lievaordiea x Eldritch
Peonchants x Enchanter
Hibernia

Satyn
Emerald Rider

Post by Satyn »

know the feeling, i've got 19G now and i'm soooo happy with that, i had to do a lot for it :D
Fallen Spirits GM
Obscurum GM
E&E
satyn1:

Return to “World of Warcraft”