What does this mean?

Home for our World of Warcraft players on prydwen.net
Ovi
Emerald Rider

Post by Ovi »

I'm really looking forward to playing a bit soon, the Druid changes look really nice, and since 2 of my 60s are Druids ...

I think healing Druids do well in the expansion mainly due to the equipment changes. Equipment was always as important as spec, and they have finally given us the equipment we need to really play a Hybrid role, as well as introduced some good Hybrid talents :)

I will be levelling as Feral, but eventually "I want to be.... a tree!" :)

Heta
Emerald Rider

Post by Heta »

Lieva wrote:oh and as for nerfing :)

look at every class and theyve all complained that their class is rubbish now and nerfed to heck and back :p
well, the problem with warriors is that every class agrees on it beeing totaly bollox the way it is nerfed. Yesterday we did Mana-Tombs, and I loose aggro to a damn Hunters pet which is beastmaster, and he did not have growl on (is a irl friend of mine) before it used to be enough to get 2 sunders in and noone would catch you on aggro, now you need a start with 5+ or you will loose aggron instantly, problem is when you have 11k armor and ~400 defence 20%block 17%Parry 17%dodge and ~100 resilliance you don't get any damn rage... so getting off those 5 sunders take ages.
Woho! I got a 360 \o/

Lieva
Emerald Rider

Post by Lieva »

which type of pet was it?

and are you defensive?
do the fury warriors do better?

the reason why im a little confuzzled is cuz im a mage.
ive gotten agro twice i think since TBC in groups.
And thats only when ive been overnuking.
I have started on 2+ saunders but this is when ive not waited and only had around one.

Also when ive gotten agro the tank can insta get it back with taunt which never used to happen.

Perhaps agro is also now based on what is around the mob i.e rogues would also get agro?

Also ... do you get the agro off the pet eventually?
dont forget you are in greens not epic so there is no chance you will out agro a cat at the same level as technically theyre in epics and you arnt..
Lievaordiea x Eldritch
Peonchants x Enchanter
Hibernia

Lieva
Emerald Rider

Post by Lieva »

Ovi wrote:I'm really looking forward to playing a bit soon, the Druid changes look really nice, and since 2 of my 60s are Druids ...

I think healing Druids do well in the expansion mainly due to the equipment changes. Equipment was always as important as spec, and they have finally given us the equipment we need to really play a Hybrid role, as well as introduced some good Hybrid talents :)

I will be levelling as Feral, but eventually "I want to be.... a tree!" :)

dont forget..
they introduced swimming motions for the trees now :D
Lievaordiea x Eldritch
Peonchants x Enchanter
Hibernia

Heta
Emerald Rider

Post by Heta »

I'm full prot warrior, in defensive mode

there is no way in hell you will be able to keep aggro if you arent defensive, I have full blue TBC good gear. As in good gear it means my blue TBC>Tier2

sure, the people I play with are a 2-3 levels above me

Them pulling aggro on a boss is realy not a problem, its the odd things like the hunter pet suddenly grabbing aggro (its a cat) things like that should just not happen. And yes, I get the aggro back with a taunt but they should not even be close in the start to take it away from me.
Woho! I got a 360 \o/

Gandelf

Post by Gandelf »

Lieva wrote:what do you think of the level 68 'mage invisability' spell? :D

I'm almost level 61, but I'm looking forward to Lesser Invisibility with eager anticipation. It only last for 20 secs, but I'm hoping it will enable me to get to the Dark Forge without being detected by mobs. Then I'll be able to smelt Dark Iron, as I'm a 300+ Miner too.

20 secs. should hopefully be enough to slip past the tricky areas unnoticed. Even though there's a 5 minutes cooldown, it's worth waiting for it to come again because Dark Iron ingots can make a lot of gold!

Shi
Emerald Rider

Post by Shi »

Gandelf wrote:Even though there's a 5 minutes cooldown, it's worth waiting for it to come again because Dark Iron ingots can make a lot of gold!
any new recipes require Dark Iron?
if not, who's gonna bother to buy this old stuff?? O.o
Luri 4 ever
Shin, Runepriest,<Ravens Bane> K8Peaks EU

Heta
Emerald Rider

Post by Heta »

well.. noone will be buying it as its not worth it. You can get green drops in TBC that are better
Woho! I got a 360 \o/

Argyleyn
Emerald Rider

Post by Argyleyn »

before it used to be enough to get 2 sunders in and noone would catch you on aggro
You understand this was the whole problem, right? If 2 sunders were enough, what's the point in revenge and other aggro moves.

Anyway, wow balance is pretty fine right now as far as I am concerned, every class has an arsenal with lots of toys to play with and if you are good, you shouldn't have a problem.

I would say that this expansion has really been amazing, especially in finally giving rewarding and challenging small encounters.

As a priest I am really happy with the new spells I got too, all of them are pretty awesome.
Argyleyn, ex raven ardent prime prestidigitist.

Ovi
Emerald Rider

Post by Ovi »

I agree it was too easy to hold agro on most encounters, but I think the main concern of defensive warriors is that others can now hold agro better, when they should be the best.

Return to “World of Warcraft”