Japanese Dictionary

Moderator: willowywicca

Korax
Emerald Rider

Post by Korax »

My point is that Anime doesn't mean the same as cartoon. Thats like calling a tagger a painter.

Ankh Morpork

Post by Ankh Morpork »

Korax wrote:My point is that Anime doesn't mean the same as cartoon. Thats like calling a tagger a painter.
No, it doesnt...but no matter what you call it its still cartoons...and tbh, its not even very well made cartoons :P

/Ankh

Heta
Emerald Rider

Post by Heta »

Ankh Morpork wrote:No, it doesnt...but no matter what you call it its still cartoons...and tbh, its not even very well made cartoons :P

/Ankh
people are fat

ofc not everyone is, but about with same acuracy as saying all anime is badly made. Saw Appleseed last night, take a look at it and come back saying it was badly made :sheepskip
Woho! I got a 360 \o/

Haarewin

Post by Haarewin »

Heta wrote:people are fat

ofc not everyone is, but about with same acuracy as saying all anime is badly made.
point well made.

imo, cartoons are to make people laugh. most 'funny' cartoons rarely have a plot, and if they do it isnt the important part, making sure the viewer laughs is.
anime is there to tell a story. most anime has a decent story as well as good animation. ofc there are exceptions, like pokemon, which was there completely for marketing >:)
i don't have a sig.

Korax
Emerald Rider

Post by Korax »

Ankh Morpork wrote:No, it doesnt...but no matter what you call it its still cartoons...and tbh, its not even very well made cartoons :P

/Ankh
I believe that you say that for two possible reasons:
1. You aren't a particular fan of the grene (people are different) and want to annoy me (or us) because im obsessed with it.
2. You have had one bad experience and blabla.

First one is more likely imo.

willowywicca
Emerald Rider

Post by willowywicca »

Korax wrote:I believe that you say that for two possible reasons:
1. You aren't a particular fan of the grene (people are different) and want to annoy me (or us) because im obsessed with it.

Ankh is just evul :(

Onigiri Inconnu Traitor
Malevolencia Lurikeen Champion

Elrandhir

Post by Elrandhir »

Korax wrote:I believe that you say that for two possible reasons:

Sure it is a Cartoon in ofcourse, but this type is called Anime, and imo I wouldent even compare ordinary cartoons to Anime..

sure there are Cartoons that are fun to look at, but as have been said they are more or less just for fun, and mostly really poor Animated.

I have never seen any ordinary Cartoons that have been able to compare what so ever to those Animes that havent even been that great.
Elrandhir L50 Hero 7l7 Thunderer
Elthorian L50 6l7 Ranger Silverhand
Elthunder L50 4lx Eldritch
Elrandhira L50 5lx Druid BB
Elradah L50 Easymode Bainshee
Shimari L50 Animist
Ailanah L50 Enchanter
Vinterwolf L50 gimp Bard
<Crimson Tears> sweden:
(N)o (P)aiN (N)o (G)aiN

Shaank
Emerald Rider

Post by Shaank »

does that clicking language have a written system? if so, I'm curious about how the clicks are spelled.

on a second thought, I'm not really interested.

anime is just abbr. from animation, just like movie is moving pictures, the catch is that it's generally japanese. you can't compare disney's drawings with japanese style. and for the record, small triangulated noses are cute.
do not read this.

Ankh Morpork

Post by Ankh Morpork »

Shaank wrote: you can't compare disney's drawings with japanese style. and for the record, small triangulated noses are cute.
Your right, cos disney's staff actually KNOW how to draw ]Edit:[/B] I liked Ghost In A Shell/Akira...but the rest i've seen are really bad bad cartoons imo (and yes, ive seen quite a few...but the more I see the more shite I concider them to be!)

/Ankh

Heta
Emerald Rider

Post by Heta »

pff is alot of disney like cartoons that are piss poor aswell
Woho! I got a 360 \o/

Return to “Animé Theatre”