the name of something

Moderator: willowywicca

Flobba Job
Emerald Rider

Post by Flobba Job »

Glad some people agree with me, Simpsons have deffinatly run out of ideas, and they did long ago, i will admit the odd parts of some of the new episodes make me laugh slightly, but its al old stuff, programmes like family guy are so much better, constant jokes throughout the episodes, but noooo they had to make the crappy repeptative thing come first... CURSES! and as Stewie always says... (What the deuce) were they thinking

Sardine
Emerald Rider

Post by Sardine »

Was Animals of Farthing Wood in the top 100? I only saw it from 20-1 x<
gone...

Flobba Job
Emerald Rider

Post by Flobba Job »

let me check, i don't think it is tho

pikeh
Emerald Rider

Post by pikeh »

bought spirited away on dvd today - being pondering whether to buy it but after its impressive slot on Top 100, i had to .. its amazing :square:
Piikeh/SH/r40/rr4X
<White Rose>
R.I.P Severance

Bubble
Emerald Rider

Post by Bubble »

I thought the top 100 was a load of crap :p
Kinda forget anything that isn't english or has Hollywood Voice actors, and how the hell did Legend of the Overfiend get so high...perverts

All the best Anime was missed :p

And yes i agree, Family guy should have come first :)

Haarewin

Post by Haarewin »

pikeh wrote:bought spirited away on dvd today - being pondering whether to buy it but after its impressive slot on Top 100, i had to .. its amazing :square:
i love spirited away :D
have to agree with malev tho, western voiceovers just ruin anime. sailor moon is watchable in japanese, and in english, its just... eh.
and family guy shoulda been first.
i don't have a sig.

pikeh
Emerald Rider

Post by pikeh »

what i dont get is, they obviously dub the movies to fit into the english language , but still they are written in japanese supposedly. or is it not the case and it just happens to fit the mouth movements well?
Piikeh/SH/r40/rr4X
<White Rose>
R.I.P Severance

willowywicca
Emerald Rider

Post by willowywicca »

pikeh wrote:what i dont get is, they obviously dub the movies to fit into the english language , but still they are written in japanese supposedly. or is it not the case and it just happens to fit the mouth movements well?

It's simply a case of them pacing the english translation (and in certain cases re-wording it to fit better) to fit with that of the original japanese, really in animation there's only 2 states, mouth moving or not moving.. all they do is try to time the english to coincide with the mouth moving parts :p

If you start watching very carefully you will see that the lip movements don't match the english, but then, there's no way they could, cos it's animated for japanese not english :p

Onigiri Inconnu Traitor
Malevolencia Lurikeen Champion

pikeh
Emerald Rider

Post by pikeh »

i see, i was wondering why the words were quite a lot different in the japanese version.
Piikeh/SH/r40/rr4X
<White Rose>
R.I.P Severance

Shaank
Emerald Rider

Post by Shaank »

the logical way to make mouths synchronize with voiceacting would be making the voices first and then add the mouth animations. the other way around would make it really difficult to voiceactors to work with. it is amusing how much work it seems to be put into things that people wouldn't notice without being aware of it. still, a long way from the classic dubbed kung-fu flicks they have come.
do not read this.

Return to “Animé Theatre”