What to do in case of Lag

A home for those technical problems.
Requiel

What to do in case of Lag

Post by Requiel »

I'm making a new thread as the original thread I posted in is likely to swell to a bloated monster and it will be hard to pull useful info from it.

We know there is a problem with lag and we are looking into it. At the moment it seems as though there may be multiple origins of this lag. Some people are reporting it from our network, others from outside. Others are reporting no problems whatsoever. In any case we are trying to find all sources, fix the ones we can and escalate the others to the relevant companies. To help with this we would appreciate you running a trace-over-time program like Pingplotter and sending in any graphs that show problems to RightNow using the 'Life on Your Server' category. The more information we get the faster the problem will be resolved.

For reference the server IPs for tracing to are as follows:

Prydwen - 193.252.123.177
Excalibur - 193.252.123.33
Camlann - 193.252.123.147

If you are using Pingplotter: Set interval to 5 seconds and samples to trace to 1000. Run it for at least 15 minutes and preferably longer then go to File->Save Image to save your graph as a gif and then attach it to your RightNow report.

Again, the more info we get, the faster it will get resolved. You won't get an answer to your RightNow report but each one will get forwarded to our server techs and onwards as necessary.

Jarahl
Emerald Rider

Post by Jarahl »

Could someone please explain a bit more spicific how to use Ping Plotter?

I got -

# of times to trace

Trace Delay

Samples to Include

What should those 3 be set 2 ?
Regards

Jacob

Retired Hibbie

Quinlan

Post by Quinlan »

Once you dl-ed and installed it fill in:

1. Adress to trace = 193.252.123.177
2. press trace
3. trace interval = 5 sec
4. leave the rest to the default

Once you have recorded for about 10 mins and have a bad spike go to

1. > File > Save Image > Gif
2. Enter a nice name
3. Upload the gif to some server and provide the link in every whine thread ;p and ofc in rightnow
finland:
holland:

Kesxex

Post by Kesxex »

8-9 is our most busy time on Prydwen and I think one reason it went better after this is simply due to the amount of people who logged.

One thing I noticed this morning (7 to 8 am) is that during character saves the client stops responding. Anyone sees similar experiences?
"If you are not living on the edge, you occupy too much space!"

Requiel

Update

Post by Requiel »

This morning OT's techs made some changes and they think the problem may be solved. Please continue to pingplot and send any evidence of problems in to RightNow as before. If the problems do continue, the faster we get info the faster ti'll get fixed.

Cromcruaich

Post by Cromcruaich »

All seems well now.
Crom, Druid of Na Fianna Dragun

If you have a problem, if no one else can help, and if you can find them, maybe you can hire...the A(nimist)-Team

Cue music for full effect.

Thanks to Tuthmes for the link.

Lieva
Emerald Rider

Post by Lieva »

Closing thread - seems no lag now however if you do experience lag dont forget to use the steps above to let GOA know.
:locked:
Lievaordiea x Eldritch
Peonchants x Enchanter
Hibernia

Return to “Tech Help”