DAOC on Linux

A home for those technical problems.
Overdue

Post by Overdue »

Cuthifen wrote:And yes it will lower your performance, because your disk will have two filesystems, takes time to copy files between them and takes longer to boot your comp up.
Performance isn't an issue, I can play HL2 and Doom 3 with the transgaming software.
Devera the 10th Season Thunderer Blademaster
Gori the 8th Season Silver Hand Bard
Deify the 9th Season Flammen Vakten Spiritmaster

Retired

Pharoahe
Emerald Rider

Post by Pharoahe »

Overdue wrote:Performance isn't an issue, I can play HL2 and Doom 3 with the transgaming software.
FPS? And what hardware do you use?
Cuthifen, Tavern Regular of the Artisans of Willow (L50 Celt Bard, Legendary Armorer)
Conzpi, Stranger of the Artisans of Willow (L43 Elf Enchanter, Apprentice Spellcrafter)
Edielath, Clanlord of Circle of Satai (L42 Lurikeen Ranger, Apprentice Fletcher)

Reinforced L51 masterpieces in merchant at house 3702 in Limerick.

Overdue

Post by Overdue »

Cuthifen wrote:FPS? And what hardware do you use?
Well that PC's a 2.8ish ghz processor 1gb ram, gfx card is pretty nice also but can't remember what that is \o/.
Devera the 10th Season Thunderer Blademaster
Gori the 8th Season Silver Hand Bard
Deify the 9th Season Flammen Vakten Spiritmaster

Retired

Pharoahe
Emerald Rider

Post by Pharoahe »

I'm going to do a reformat very soon so I think I'm gonna try Linux out and see the performance in it, I'll update this thread when I have the results to spare other people this problem :P Thanks all!
Cuthifen, Tavern Regular of the Artisans of Willow (L50 Celt Bard, Legendary Armorer)
Conzpi, Stranger of the Artisans of Willow (L43 Elf Enchanter, Apprentice Spellcrafter)
Edielath, Clanlord of Circle of Satai (L42 Lurikeen Ranger, Apprentice Fletcher)

Reinforced L51 masterpieces in merchant at house 3702 in Limerick.

Return to “Tech Help”