Game crash

A home for those technical problems.
Trez
Emerald Rider

Game crash

Post by Trez »

I have a small problem (or rather big).

I just had to reinstall Windows due to a nice crash :(

After I did this, I got a few windows updates incl. SP2 and installed my mouse, then I played DAoC (seperate partion) with no problems at all.

Later I got rest of windows updates and installed my mail backup program, my anti virus and firewall, firefox and winamp, closed computer and saw a movie, came back and wanted to play only to find out I could just enter the game and if lucky play 5 min before it crash, anybody got a solution to what could be wrong???

And I have DirectX 9.0c so it got nothing to do with that.

I can play all other games I got (single and multi) without problems, so are a bit lost.

guano
Emerald Rider

Post by guano »

If you have ATI graphics driver and got newest(5.11) drivers? Well you shouldn't, new Catalysts have known issue with daoc:

Dark Age of Camelot: The game exits to the desktop immediately after launching, or may play for up to 15 minutes followed by a VPU Recover error message being displayed. Further details can be found in topic number 737-20794

So maybe try hunt some older cats and hope it helps :C

Trez
Emerald Rider

Post by Trez »

Got Nvidia GForce, and the game worked perfectly last time I had to re-install windows after crash, thats why I am so puzzled.

Return to “Tech Help”