Bandwidth Limiter program

A home for those technical problems.
Lairiodd
Emerald Rider

Bandwidth Limiter program

Post by Lairiodd »

Basically, what I want is a program that you can run on windows that will limit the total bandwidth that a computer uses. Basically, I want to limit a computer on the network so that it doesn't flood the ADSL link. (program runs on the computer to be limited)

It should be fairly easy to program, so I am surprised that there is no freeware program available. (It probably requires device drive programming, so maybe that is why it is not widely available.)

I found a program called Shunra Nimbus, but it requires manual activation when you start the computer. I want something that starts on startup. My 2nd option is to just disconnect the other computer, but I have no issue with it being connected to the internet as long as the bandwidth is limited so that it doesn't affect me.

So, anyone have any suggestions ?
Prydwen
Lairiodd Level 50 Nightshade and Legendary Grandmaster Smith (1065) check prices here
Lairirian Level 50 Mana Mentalist and Legendary Spellcrafter (TDD)
Lairgreybark Level 50 Arb Animist
Lairmindlock Level 50 Bard (TDD)
Camlann
Lairthall Level 35+ Friar

Stocking one 99% of most of the useful spellcrafting gems at Houses 3304 and 3306

Over 150 gems at 99% stocked

Sharma
Emerald Rider

Post by Sharma »

Netlimiter.

You need to pay for it like...though...there is the alternative to paying for it. :pirate:

It's a brilliant program I have to say, I have my total upload on most of my programs set to 15k/s (Generally half my max upload) because anything over that throttles my internet's download (Need to administrate this connection between 3 others in the house so I can't let that happen).

It's very easy to limit usage, since you can tweak it for different programs or just cap the bandwidth all together.

[Edit] Linkage
Maeth - 50 SM Vampiir - Celtic Leaf Army

:sheepskip

Cromcruaich

Post by Cromcruaich »

Doesnt your router enable you to limit bandwidth by LAN address and service? Some do some dont ...
Crom, Druid of Na Fianna Dragun

If you have a problem, if no one else can help, and if you can find them, maybe you can hire...the A(nimist)-Team

Cue music for full effect.

Thanks to Tuthmes for the link.

Return to “Tech Help”