Screenie problem

A home for those technical problems.
Koila
Emerald Rider

Screenie problem

Post by Koila »

Can some1 who has been in my position help me pls?
I have a problem with screenies..I know that it should be - but it isn't because I am using a laptop...not a PC...and on my old laptop it ended up being fn+p...but it isn't either on this new laptop...so I need some1 who also has a laptop using daoc to tell me what they use pls and what i can do about this..ty and bye for now ;)
Elediel & Kneehigh: Leading u to Honor and Glory..or Death but lets not fear the Worst eh ;)

Cromcruaich

Post by Cromcruaich »

Its whatever button turns the middle keys (7890,uiop,jkl;,m,./) into behaving like a normal keyboards number pad, with the p key.

Actually what i would advise is going to ebuyer, or similiar and getting a usb numeric keypad. They are about £5. Ive got em on 2 of my laptops where I find them especially useful as a left handed player who normally uses the numberpad for movement n stuff (rather than asdw that you righties tend to use).
Crom, Druid of Na Fianna Dragun

If you have a problem, if no one else can help, and if you can find them, maybe you can hire...the A(nimist)-Team

Cue music for full effect.

Thanks to Tuthmes for the link.

Koila
Emerald Rider

Post by Koila »

I don't understand ;)
Elediel & Kneehigh: Leading u to Honor and Glory..or Death but lets not fear the Worst eh ;)

Cromcruaich

Post by Cromcruaich »

If you buy one of these then you wont have to bother with pressing a modification key then pressing another key on you're laptop. Just plug it in when you play daoc. Easier for binding additional keys as well.

http://www.ebuyer.com/UK/product/108304

If you have a problem, if no one else can help, and if you can find them, maybe you can hire...the A(nimist)-Team

Craft
Emerald Rider

Post by Craft »

righty, well first type: /keyboard in game then adjust your settings accordingly, this should sort your problem, you can set keys to what ever you want, i usethe FPS default for everything as ive played counterstrike <spits> a bit in the past, hope this helps :)
Xest wrote:What's wrong with worms, have you ever tried to kill one? every time you try and cut it in half it becomes twice as hard to kill and over and over until you have an army of partial worms.

Belisar
Emerald Rider

Post by Belisar »

Kneehigh - all you wanna do is take a screenshot using a laptop ? But the laptop has no numberic keypad ?

Crom's idea is actually a good one for improving all round quick button response but if all you are bothered about is taking a screenshot then I dunno - can you set a screenshot key from the /keyboard screen - never tried.
Brain cells come and brain cells go but fat cells live forever !

Currently playing Hib (ofc) on Uthgard

<ankh>
Emerald Rider

Post by <ankh> »

and if your too lazy to use change the keysettings - use the Print Screen button :) (if you got one on your laptop)

/Ankh

Cromcruaich

Post by Cromcruaich »

Craft wrote:righty, well first type: /keyboard in game then adjust your settings accordingly, this should sort your problem, you can set keys to what ever you want, i usethe FPS default for everything as ive played counterstrike <spits> a bit in the past, hope this helps :)
Just changing the key bind, why didnt i think of that :o

Xest
Emerald Rider

Post by Xest »

<ankh> wrote:and if your too lazy to use change the keysettings - use the Print Screen button :) (if you got one on your laptop)

/Ankh
Does print screen capture DirectX/OpenGL layers properly though? It didn't a few years back have they finally implemented it into windows?
OFFICER XEST - PROTECTING YOU AGAINST FORUM CRIME
Che Xefan, el presidente.

<ankh>
Emerald Rider

Post by <ankh> »

Xest wrote:Does print screen capture DirectX/OpenGL layers properly though? It didn't a few years back have they finally implemented it into windows?
It should do, Ive just it a couple of times in various games.

/Ankh

Return to “Tech Help”