Any BT Engineers Here ?

A home for those technical problems.
modz
Emerald Rider

Any BT Engineers Here ?

Post by modz »

Just wondering if anyone here works for BT and can help with a query.

Have BT recently done something to their exchanges or phonelines? as lately my router keeps losing it's synchronisation with the exchange and keeps dropping after only a few minutes.

Any info would be useful so I can use it when i have my next arguement with their helpdesk , and you never know I may get lucky and get someone who can actually understand me next time i phone them.

Xest
Emerald Rider

Post by Xest »

Probably been upgraded to ADSL max, it basically changes speed depending on line conditions. I've found it pretty dissapointing though, during my stabilization period I was getting 3.5 - 4mbps with maybe 3 resyncs a day, now the stabilization period is over I'm only getting 2mbps and 4 - 5 resyncs a day, I had 1mbps before and I'm semi-thinking I'd rather just keep my old 1mbps and the stability if for some unexplained reason they aren't going to let me have the 3.5 - 4mbps I can clearly have.

Seen lots of complaints about the amount of resyncs since the ADSL max upgrades because they do cause problems and the speed increase seems crappy, very, very few people seem to be being provided with the maximum line speed they should be able to get under ADSL Max, even those previously getting 2mbps seem lucky to be able to keep the stable 8mbps they should be able to have.

Frankly, it's something BT needs to sort ASAP. I've heard ADSL2 has less problems in that it can do silent resyncs (i.e. it shouldn't drop your connection) so god knows why BT didn't switch straight to that.
OFFICER XEST - PROTECTING YOU AGAINST FORUM CRIME
Che Xefan, el presidente.

Pikey
Emerald Rider

Post by Pikey »

I have the same issue yesterday it was dropiing every 10 mins all day then settled in the evening, has dropped once this morning but been alot better, I really think the weather effects it also, but probably wrong...

Yes its very poor service indeed.

Phil
Miranada BM RR6 ML10
Eximist Ani RR3 L9 ML9
Slapss Raj RR4 L1 ML4

Meache Ward RR4 L1 ML6
Aneline Enc RR4 L1 ML10

Excal

Miranada Healer RR8
Essox Skald RR5 L5
Piketh Runie RR3 L8
Tus SM RR3 L0