Toucansurf - no use for gaming

A home for those technical problems.
Sharkith

Toucansurf - no use for gaming

Post by Sharkith »

Well I took the plunge about 8 months ago to move to Toucansurf. The inital move was a bit unprofessional and Toucan Customer support was not particularly good. I though 'hmmm not good but lets see how it goes'.

After 8 months I have spent the last month not being able to play DaoC RvR at peak times. I get severe latency on Ventrilo (usually the first sign) and then once I hit a zerg or another FG the whole red squares routine begins. I get chain LD's if I try to go anywhere with more than 16 people in it. Basically between 8pm and 10pm I cannot do FG RvR.

I have tried for the last 2 weeks to get technical support to help me but I get people who know less about the issue than me. Which is odd. Basically I have been sending in ping plot results that shows 78-80% packet loss in London (its one of the Tiscali servers). So whilst the service works for the average user once you start to challenge it - it basically cannot cope.

After a week of sending ping plot text results to Toucansurf's 'technical' support I got an email from them asking for me to send reports from 'pingplotter.com'. I am guessing they aren't very bright by now. :( I then sent 5 nights plots in text form to the agent. I get a reply the next day to the effect that they cannot read them and that they will refer it to 'second line' support.

By now I realise this is worse than an NHS casualty department. I have been calling them as well. I want to cancel the contract but they insist their rules are that a second line manager has to see it first (for obvious reasons). So ok I am waiting since last Wednesday for the call and nothing. They have my work number, work email and so on. Nothing.

Yesterday I got an email in the morning which stated "Since you have not been in contact with us for 72 hours we will assume your problem is now SOLVED."

What the hell am I supposed to do with this lot?

I signed up for a year but surely I have a right to cancel a contract when someone is not providing the service I am paying for?

Sharkith
Na Fianna Dragun

Karak-Eight Peaks, Kiera ze Witch Hunter

Eve online - Kaminjosvig.

Lieva
Emerald Rider

Post by Lieva »

that sounds familiar :)

prolly just an automated system sending that message out tbh.

you'll have to check the fine print in the contract to see if you can break it tbh otherwise you could be stuck with em for a year :(
Lievaordiea x Eldritch
Peonchants x Enchanter
Hibernia

Xest
Emerald Rider

Post by Xest »

Anyone would think you were dealing with an Indian call centre!

Frankly, there are very few good ISPs out there, you need to go for one that's charging £19.99+ or thereabouts to get good service, I was paying £24.99 for Demon which I didn't mind because you got fantastic tech support and absolutely no limitations on downloads, however now that they've outsourced to India and also have imposed limitations (albeit fairly lenient ones that wont effect me as I can't get anywhere near the 8mbps that you'd need to hit the caps) I'm considering looking elsewhere although I doubt I'll find anywhere better.
OFFICER XEST - PROTECTING YOU AGAINST FORUM CRIME
Che Xefan, el presidente.

Sharkith

Post by Sharkith »

BT rocked in comparison - and their prices have come down significantly - you can get their unlimited 8MB service for £24.99 a month.
Na Fianna Dragun

Luz
Emerald Rider

Post by Luz »

They are trying to wear you down...

sadly there is little to be done other then slam your face in the wall over and over untill it leaves a mark.

Yes I would think that you could get them to cancel the contract, but I be sure to read my papers first. ISPs (atleast in sweden) are legendary bullshit-crafters and cover their rears with stuff like (we provide UP TO xx speed, and can guarantee UP TO xx servicelevels etc).. tho I never seen anything about packetlosses
Bah. Lv50s.
Animist, Bard, Druid, Enchanter, Nightshade, Vampiir

Sharkith

Post by Sharkith »

can you guys look at this and tell me if I am getting any progress - (second file had to be cropped because it was too big for the forums)

They seem to have removed a server from the route but as you can see tiscali in London is still the source of my problems. Not as bad as it was but still quite poor.
Attachments
now.jpg
then.jpg
Na Fianna Dragun

Return to “Tech Help”