Ventrilo Mix Voice Overlay

A home for those technical problems.
Earendil
Emerald Rider

Ventrilo Mix Voice Overlay

Post by Earendil »

I am pretty new to Ventrilo, but think ive sort of figured it out to the point where i can join RvR groups through IPs and use passwords and things. Recently though, i found out about this Voice Overlay which lets you know who is talking while you are running about in game without playing in windowed mode. When i downloaded the Voice Overlay though and launched it (Before launching ventrilo mix and the game) it gives an Unknown Error message.

I asked about a little in game but people were fairly vague, saying that it was a missing .dll file which made it so that it couldnt work with Ventrilo Mix, but apparently it is downloadable somewhere and not too hard to find. I havent had any luck though! Any help?

Thanks so much :)

the Cat :o
Earendil Halfelven, seasoned Eldritch.
Zakoraya Wildcat, Blademaster of Severance.

Lingering on Uthgard, the last stronghold...

Gahn

Post by Gahn »

http://halb.servercamp.de/proggi/VoiceO ... dx9_25.dll

That's for the download part, i guess u need to save and extract to winnt\system32 then launch regsvr32 (path of windows)\System32\d3dx9_25.dll
Gahn LoneWolf Celt Seraph Tiarna Prydwen
Na Fianna Dragun
Gahn Lonewolf Guardian [TDA] on Gunnar's Hold

Xest
Emerald Rider

Post by Xest »

Are you sure it's safe to use? Various Radar programs in the past have used overlay and if it gets caught up in Mythic's detection methods for radar you could potentially find yourself with a permanent ban I'd imagine.
OFFICER XEST - PROTECTING YOU AGAINST FORUM CRIME
Che Xefan, el presidente.

Gahn

Post by Gahn »

Xest wrote:Are you sure it's safe to use? Various Radar programs in the past have used overlay and if it gets caught up in Mythic's detection methods for radar you could potentially find yourself with a permanent ban I'd imagine.
Dunno 90% of ppl using Vent lately got this add on -.-
Gahn LoneWolf Celt Seraph Tiarna Prydwen
Na Fianna Dragun
Gahn Lonewolf Guardian [TDA] on Gunnar's Hold

Dardalion
Emerald Rider

Post by Dardalion »

I use it for DAoC, never thought about the radar thing tbh (ho hum) cant play some other games with it BF2, PoE, CSS etc coz i get punkbusted :D

edit .. sent a rightnow, will let you know when i get a reply.
Fighting Enviro-crime irl 8-)

Requiel

Post by Requiel »

We've been asked this before and have tested it to be sure. Basically it's just a DirectX overlay just like the Fraps overlay. It isn't picked up by our radar detection tools as it doesn't interact with the game client or game traffic in any way.

Earendil
Emerald Rider

Post by Earendil »

Gahn wrote:http://halb.servercamp.de/proggi/VoiceO ... dx9_25.dll

i guess u need to save and extract to winnt\system32 then launch regsvr32 (path of windows)\System32\d3dx9_25.dll
This was abit confusing my friend :( I extracted it to my WINDOWS/system32, but when i did a 'file or folder' search for regsvr32.exe, it appeared in a folder C:\i386 and when i double clicked it it just appeared with No DLL name specified, and some jargon after which didnt make much sense :(

Im not that great with computers, i thought it would be kind of simple but i heard system32 is a really key and important file in the computer and im worried that im going to blow up my computer or something if i tamper with it :(

Dardalion
Emerald Rider

Post by Dardalion »

Requiel wrote:We've been asked this before and have tested it to be sure. Basically it's just a DirectX overlay just like the Fraps overlay. It isn't picked up by our radar detection tools as it doesn't interact with the game client or game traffic in any way.

That was quick ! .. thanks for the speedy response :D
Fighting Enviro-crime irl 8-)

Ovi
Emerald Rider

Post by Ovi »

Go to start, then run and type ...

regsvr32 c:\windows\System32\d3dx9_25.dll

in the box. (I have assumed a default windows install location since 99% of PCs I have seen have the default location!)

Earendil
Emerald Rider

Post by Earendil »

Ovi wrote:Go to start, then run and type ...

regsvr32 c:\windows\System32\d3dx9_25.dll

in the box. (I have assumed a default windows install location since 99% of PCs I have seen have the default location!)
it says:

c:\windows\System32\d3dx9_25.dll was loaded, but the DllRegisterServer entry point was not found.

This file can not be registered.

:?

Return to “Tech Help”