DnL

General discussion of other games, especially upcoming MMORPG's.
Cernos
Emerald Rider

Post by Cernos »

Ankh Morpork wrote:It was btw nice news on Warhammer that it will be mostly RvR in it :) (they actually did say realm vs realm in the small interview).
So it's essentially going to be DAOC II then? Mythic should face reality head on by dumping Darkness Rising, reverting DAOC to Classic (and maybe offer a minority of ToA servers for the masochists) and get on with the sequel that looks to be Warhammer. It's their best chance for the long term.

Sehanine
Emerald Rider

Post by Sehanine »

I saw some movies/trailers from different games... Guild Wars have basicly same GFX as Lineage 2 c1.. L2 has been updated to C3 now i thing.. and the GFX is VERY good but its deffo not realistic.. DnL has proberly some of the ugliest GFX ive ever seen lol... the character animations makes me laugh cos it looks so lame.. its like .. "ok i hit you now... then you hit me back, ok?" And when they swing their weapons its like in slowmotions.. and when they get hit its like getting hit by a train or something. WoW has some stunning landscape GFX as far i could see in the movies.. though everything seemed very dark.. and i do not fancy the character modelling/skins.

My 2 cents :)
Sehanine - Nightshade RR7L0
ML7
Fallen Spirits
Plus other unimportant toons.

Ankh Morpork

Post by Ankh Morpork »

Cernos wrote:So it's essentially going to be DAOC II then? Mythic should face reality head on by dumping Darkness Rising, reverting DAOC to Classic (and maybe offer a minority of ToA servers for the masochists) and get on with the sequel that looks to be Warhammer. It's their best chance for the long term.
I guess you could call it DAoC 2, but the world they offer in warhammer is 100 times cooler than daoc's :)

Edit: not cooler as in cold :P

/Ankh

Bebop
Emerald Rider

Post by Bebop »

Sehanine wrote:DnL has proberly some of the ugliest GFX ive ever seen lol... the character animations makes me laugh cos it looks so lame..

WoW has some stunning landscape GFX as far i could see in the movies.. though everything seemed very dark.. and i do not fancy the character modelling/skins.

My 2 cents :)
DNL Beta:
http://www.darkandlight.net/gallery/dis ... m=8&pos=37

http://www.darkandlight.net/gallery/dis ... m=8&pos=32

http://www.darkandlight.net/gallery/dis ... m=8&pos=70

WoW Official:
http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/scree ... =355&Set=0

I know which i choose tbh \o/

imo the gfx in WoW are "cartoon" gfx..not realistic at all & this was intended. DnL imo has much nicer skins/models... though if you read the dev logs about DnL you will notice skins/models are not final & same goes for the rest prob as its still in closed Beta. So for closed Beta it already looks better than the rest thats out atm :)
Prydwen RETIRED..Might be comming back!
Hib
Bebop
Boppa
Bopper
Bops
Furse
Mid
Bebop
Latona
Bopps
Boppa

US
Bpm - RM
Eternul - BD
Tequila - Healer

Geralt
Emerald Rider

Post by Geralt »

Talking about GFx I wonder if some game will have as cool spells as DAOC have. I'm still missing void bolts/aoe effect, baseline hibernia nukes (aka railgun :) ), mana pbaoe, runemasters aoe, thanes hammers, fire wizards fire spells, ice aoe etc.

I allways felt a bit cheated when i got to higher levels and spells there looks like.. well.. 1st level spells in DnD ;) i wanna feel to be powerfull! ;)

EQ2 has some nice effects, though haven't seen anything really high level yet. WoW is, well, dissapointing. Best so far are Arcane missiles or how is that spell, druids moonfire ain't bad too.

In the end it is allways matter how gfx raises fun, what for is cool gfx when you are bored, right?

Bebop
Emerald Rider

Post by Bebop »

agreed :)

Although in DAoC an L50 spell compared to an L20 spell look very similar, they should make em look much better when L50... as it is they look the same but beefed up a little.

EQ2 on the other hand has very nice spell effects, i got a char to L40 (caster & healer) & already the spells @ L40 compared to L20 looked much better & the root effect on EQ2 is very nice...chains hook onto the char & then the other end of the chains hook into the ground.... very nice effects tbh :)

As for DNL, ive seen some of the spell effects but again to what ive read the effects of spells are still in the early stages/Beta, but in saying this some of the vids ive seen & Screenies the spells already look nice :)
Prydwen RETIRED..Might be comming back!
Hib
Bebop
Boppa
Bopper
Bops
Furse
Mid
Bebop
Latona
Bopps
Boppa

US
Bpm - RM
Eternul - BD
Tequila - Healer

Hatsepsut
Emerald Rider

Post by Hatsepsut »

Definately. Even after a fresh start in US I'm feeling sick of DAOC and if DnL is half of what is promised I'll be there. I made a thread about this a while back.

Satyn
Emerald Rider

Post by Satyn »

Hatsepsut wrote:Definately. Even after a fresh start in US I'm feeling sick of DAOC and if DnL is half of what is promised I'll be there. I made a thread about this a while back.

same, been reading up on that game for ages.
Fallen Spirits GM
Obscurum GM
E&E
satyn1:

Sehanine
Emerald Rider

Post by Sehanine »

The movie i saw from DnL must have been an old one. The screenshot you posted are quite nice.. the landscapes very detailed, also the monsters looks detailed.. In the movie i saw a huge fight between some Humans .. and it was horrific .. it looked very very bad..

And i agree about the spells things btw :)
Sehanine - Nightshade RR7L0
ML7
Fallen Spirits
Plus other unimportant toons.

Radu
Emerald Rider

Post by Radu »

So far the best spell effects - certainly imo - the Anarchy Online has, for example nukes has quite different animations (and a NT has alot of nukes), just for example one of nuke ,Localized Dimensional Inversion is smashing to the left and right in rows the targets body, or the Candycane which is a 8 little nuke in 1 is looks like as red circles run down from the head of target, the AE nukes blow up at the target, then the wave runs around like in a water, its color varies , etc
AO's gfx engine is pretty dated though (DX7.. cough cough), but i like its atmosphere.
Togusa the Mentalist

Return to “Other Games”