NWN 2, a nice surprice!

General discussion of other games, especially upcoming MMORPG's.
Elrandhir

NWN 2, a nice surprice!

Post by Elrandhir »

Bought the game and I love it, I have played more or less all games from Bioware and most has been great, but I dident really like NWN 1 atall, Im not all sure why but I know that 1 of the reason was the 3D graphic, it spoiled the feeling in the game, I wasent even able to play through the Original game because of boredom.

NWN 2 is great, still 3D, but this time it really looks great, even though the graphic aint the most important thing, it's still great for making the experience better if it is well made.

Also there are small ingame movie sequences now and again, and they are also a great addition in making it feel more alive.

hm, why did I make this thread then, not sure :P just had to say how much I liked the game, and even if you dident like NWN 1, thats no reason for not buying NWN 2 as it's really a whole different game imo.

First game I have enjoyed from Bioware since the Baldurs Gate serie.

Guess the only negative thing would be that you need to have a rather good computer, the game reqs are rather high.
Elrandhir L50 Hero 7l7 Thunderer
Elthorian L50 6l7 Ranger Silverhand
Elthunder L50 4lx Eldritch
Elrandhira L50 5lx Druid BB
Elradah L50 Easymode Bainshee
Shimari L50 Animist
Ailanah L50 Enchanter
Vinterwolf L50 gimp Bard
<Crimson Tears> sweden:
(N)o (P)aiN (N)o (G)aiN

Nedo
Emerald Rider

Post by Nedo »

Really did not like nr 1 either, disliked its so much that I wont buy nr2 even though I heard more peeps that said its good hehe.

<ankh>
Emerald Rider

Post by <ankh> »

It's pretty good, but I was expecting it to look better (not that it matters much).

/Ankh

Elrandhir

Post by Elrandhir »

<ankh> wrote:It's pretty good, but I was expecting it to look better (not that it matters much).

/Ankh

Compared to NWN 1 it's a huge advancement in the graphics, also everything looks much more natural now, the first game looked to much 3Dish and the chars looked really unrealistic, both the chars and enviroment have gotten much more realistic, but as you said Graphic aint all even though it helps ofcourse.

The game itself is so much better now also imo, Story, movie sequenses now and again, I really like it ;D
Shimari L50 Animist
Ailanah L50 Enchanter
Vinterwolf L50 gimp Bard
<Crimson Tears> sweden:
(N)o (P)aiN (N)o (G)aiN

<ankh>
Emerald Rider

Post by <ankh> »

[quote="Elrandhir"]Compared to NWN 1 it's a huge advancement in the graphics, also everything looks much more natural now, the first game looked to much 3Dish and the chars looked really unrealistic, both the chars and enviroment have gotten much more realistic, but as you said Graphic aint all even though it helps ofcourse.

The game itself is so much better now also imo, Story, movie sequenses now and again, I really like it ]

Aye, this game would have been beautiful 3 years ago..but compared to todays standard its nothing special. Still, the graphics does it work.

/Ankh

Elrandhir

Post by Elrandhir »

<ankh> wrote:Aye, this game would have been beautiful 3 years ago..but compared to todays standard its nothing special. Still, the graphics does it work.

/Ankh

Well there are much worse examples out there, lets take Dungeonsiege 2 for example, that game havent improved much atall from D1 - D2, and also games like this(seeing things from above usuallly) don't have the best of the best Graphical apperance, but Im sattesfied with how it looks.

Games with 3rd person and 1st person view usually have much better graphics, as there is usually no Zooming posibilities in those games either, making it less demanding.

Ohwell, anyhow, what I wanted to say is that not liking NWN 1 shouldent stop you from buying NWN 2 as it's a completely different experience tbh.
Shimari L50 Animist
Ailanah L50 Enchanter
Vinterwolf L50 gimp Bard
<Crimson Tears> sweden:
(N)o (P)aiN (N)o (G)aiN

Elrandhir

Post by Elrandhir »

Nedo wrote:Really did not like nr 1 either, disliked its so much that I wont buy nr2 even though I heard more peeps that said its good hehe.

You should give it a try tbh, I have played more or less all Games from Bioware and loved them, except for NWN 1, so I wasent sure if to but NWN 2, but I bought it anyhow, and I loved it.
Shimari L50 Animist
Ailanah L50 Enchanter
Vinterwolf L50 gimp Bard
<Crimson Tears> sweden:
(N)o (P)aiN (N)o (G)aiN

Hrymf
Emerald Rider

Post by Hrymf »

Playing NWN2 also, and it is quite good and very much more a roleplaying game than NWN1 was... Gfx actually look very nice if you fiddle a bit with the config file adding stuff like HDR.

I suppose the bad thing about this one is the AI for your companions are kind of shite and then there is a few tech problems also, like a few peeps seem to get corrupted savegames, though this is easily avoided by using new savespot every time you save. And the AI on companions i dont care that much for, having played BG2 a bit i kind of like to fully control the whole party.

I dont have much time to play these days, but i do expect to end the singleplayer part at some point, and then i think i am gonna give multiplayer a try also.
Inzo Nightshade 7Lx
Inzak Warden 8lx
Inzork Blademaster 6lx

Elrandhir

Post by Elrandhir »

Yeah I like it Hrymf, and I agree that the AI is abit annoying, but you can disable some some of the things that is done by the AI, or you can just disable AI all together, think it's called Puppy mode or something ;D

Still Bioware has a great community and and they update their games constantely, so most things should be fixed after awhile I would guess, it's also nice that you can just update the game from the Upstart window unlike many other games.

There will probably be atleast 2 expansions also, seems like the previous games have gotten something like that, and I would guess the same will go for this game.

NWN 2 is way better then NWN 1 was though both graphically and experiencewise.

I was waiting for something interessting to play from Bioware as I havent enjoyed a game from them since The Baldurst Gate serie, and I think this is it even though the earlier games is hard to beat, and it probably wont storywise, it's still good enough to keep me entertained ;D

I have played the last Elderscroll game also, and even though t was Superb Graphics and also okay quests/story this time, I dident enjoy it as I did with the BG serie, and I also like NWN 2 better.

But even though I said that The elderscrolls IV is still an okay game, and compared to Elderscroll III it's way better as that game really sucked storywise imo.

But still the D&D based games from Bioware is still much better imo, they are much better at getting you into the story and you almost feel like you'r there, may sound abit silly, but not sure how Im going to explain it otherwise ;D

Best RPG's ever in my opinion are these:

Baldurs Gate Serie (Awsome, BG2 is better though, the first game is good, but BG2 has both a great story and goes another step further in gameing experience, makeing the game feel more alive)

Planescape Torment (Those who missed this RPG has really missed something really Good (Superb, might even be better then BG)
-When you play it, it's really like you'r there yourself, I would have liked to see more of this, think it was because Interplay was bankrupt or something that we dident get anything more from them (Maby, not all sure, most games was published or released by them for awhile, but there was some troubble and then went down.

Just started playing really, but I really think that NWN 2 is good, and for me it's the first good game after Baldursgate

Hm wonder why I wrote all this crap, maybe it's because I bought myself some well deserved beers after not havineg taken anything in several months =P, guess my writing about good RPG Muse woke up or something (Ohwell), let me hear you'r thougts about this then ;D
Shimari L50 Animist
Ailanah L50 Enchanter
Vinterwolf L50 gimp Bard
<Crimson Tears> sweden:
(N)o (P)aiN (N)o (G)aiN

Saxif
Emerald Rider

Post by Saxif »

Yeah I have been playing NWN2 and I am finding it very enjoyable. I had some problems with camera angles though and the AI is kinda sucky, especially when the whole party tries to follow your thief as she goes off scouting :(

Looking forwards to fiddling with the tool set which comes with once I have finished the story arc :)

Sax.
Erekose, Witch Hunter,
Undead Warlock,
Dwarf Skald,
Celt Champion,
Sho UA, Life & Item

Return to “Other Games”