Vanguard

General discussion of other games, especially upcoming MMORPG's.
<ankh>
Emerald Rider

Post by <ankh> »

Vanguard: Saga of Heroes Early Access to Live Servers Begins Friday, January 26th

Sony Online Entertainment and Sigil Games Online announced today that early access for Vanguard: Saga of Heroes will commence January 26 at approximately 10:00 a.m. PST. Gamers who placed pre-orders either at retail or digitally will get to experience Vanguard: Saga of Heroes before the game’s official launch on Tuesday, January 30th. Players can select from multiple servers in North America and Europe and are not restricted by region. A link to a list of server names has been released on http://www.vanguardsoh.com. A character’s selected server during the early access phase will remain the same once the game launches.

The North American subscription fee for Vanguard: Saga of Heroes is $14.99 monthly with discounts offered for longer subscription commitments. For players who already have a Station Access subscription, Vanguard: Saga of Heroes is included in the $24.99 monthly fee. Players can now pre-order Vanguard: Saga of Heroes digitally and at retail. Additionally, gamers that pre-order the retail version will receive an exclusive endurance buff scroll that will allow their character to sprint for longer periods of time (one per account). Pre-order customers will need to complete their purchase of the full game in order to continue playing after the early access phase.

For more information or to order Vanguard: Saga of Heroes, visit http://www.joinvanguard.com/buy/.

About Vanguard: Saga of Heroes
The only limits are your own in Telon. The adventurous can choose from multiple paths of exploration within the three spheres of advancement: adventuring; crafting; and diplomacy. Players can delve into the mysteries of Telon, and embark upon quests to slay monstrous beasts locked deep inside rugged mountain ranges. Those with a quick mind can use diplomacy to convince kings to move armies and change the course of history. With player-crafted boats, flying mounts, and customizable player housing, “Vanguard” offers players a world of their own choosing.

For more information about Vanguard: Saga of Heroes please visit: http://www.vanguardsoh.com and http://www.joinvanguard.com.
Bah, and im not home on friday :(

/Ankh

Ovi
Emerald Rider

Post by Ovi »

I tried the Beta for a couple of days, and decided I won't be buying it. It didn't impress me really, it didn't seem to offer much that other Fantasy MMORPGs don't and it didn't feel right, a bit like the difference between RTCW and MoH for FPS fans.

Also it was really laggy, not sure if it's because of the times I was playing and the zones I was in but it wasn't a good sign. It is also much more resource hungry, which does affect the enjoyability.

If you are looking for a selection of games to play the Station account is looking a good option at the moment though, $24.99 per month gives access to some good MMORPGs, although it's a pity they ruined SWG :)

<ankh>
Emerald Rider

Post by <ankh> »

I like it alot and had no problem with lag. And remember, the servers you played on during the beta was also being used for testing their servers. With the full release the will be quite a few servers. I had no problems with the graphics either or with the world. Gonna start with this on friday :)

/Ankh

<ankh>
Emerald Rider

Post by <ankh> »

Review:
http://stratics.com/content/exclusives/ ... review.php

Stratics gave Vanguard a pretty decent points.

/Ankh

OohhoO

Post by OohhoO »

I think it sounds great apart from this bit...
<reviewer> wrote: They targeted the game to the next generation player, the player who wants a harder, more evolved game. Gamers who don’t want to mash buttons in combat. Gamers who want more difficulty during game play. Gamers who don’t want to be spoon-fed during game play]/reviewer[/B]
I don't want a harder, more difficult game.
I want to come home from work & sit down & just relax.
Or get up in the morning at the weekend blurry-eyed & hungover & spend a relaxing first hour doing something mindless with several steaming cups of coffee.
The very last thing I want is a game which is a challenge!
So Vanguard is very probably not the game for me.

[edits] Silly code =/
-
Paddock - L60 Male Man Hunter - SM Tailor
Moegren - L53 Male Man Captain - SM Weaponsmith GM Woodworker
Paddreth - L60 Male Man Minstrel - SM Jeweller GM Cook
Skyros - L57 Male Man Loremaster - SM Scholar GM Farmer
Pauncho - L60 Male Hobbit Burglar - SM Armoursmith
-

<ankh>
Emerald Rider

Post by <ankh> »

Fair enough, but thats the part that I like :)

I'd rather have a game where reaching lvl 50 will feel like something big, than a game where you get 50 over a night :)

/Ankh

Heta
Emerald Rider

Post by Heta »

yea, games like daoc where you reach lvl 50 in a day is kinda boring
Woho! I got a 360 \o/

Shi
Emerald Rider

Post by Shi »

only fun matters :)
achievement concept is often translated life into some silly grind...
originally getting 50 in DAOC was an overwhelming feeling, but not because it was an awasome achievement, but because it was an awfull grind ;)
Luri 4 ever
Shin, Runepriest,<Ravens Bane> K8Peaks EU

<ankh>
Emerald Rider

Post by <ankh> »

I don't agree tbh Shishi...took me 30 days to get Ankh to lvl 50 (thats 30 ingame days) and I was extremly happy when done. And not cos I wanted to get rid of the grinding.

OohhoO

Post by OohhoO »

I like DAoC PvE like it is now much better than how it used to be.
The difference is you used to do hours & hours of mindless grinding & then die once & it had all been for nothing, & even if you didn't die it felt like you hadn't got anywhere at all. Now you do hours & hours of mindless grinding & can actually see some improvement, which for me is much more motivating :D

I don't play for the challenge. RL is challenging enough for me. I don't want games that are as hard & ruthless as RL. I play for easy relaxation. I like games with flexible difficulty-grades so I can set it to "easiest" & walk through it with as little challenge as possible.

I would like a MMORPG where you can just go out & have fun on your own or with friends & enjoy the character-development without much challenge & with zero competitive element.
-
Paddock - L60 Male Man Hunter - SM Tailor
Moegren - L53 Male Man Captain - SM Weaponsmith GM Woodworker
Paddreth - L60 Male Man Minstrel - SM Jeweller GM Cook
Skyros - L57 Male Man Loremaster - SM Scholar GM Farmer
Pauncho - L60 Male Hobbit Burglar - SM Armoursmith
-

Return to “Other Games”