Lack of coverage

General discussion of other games, especially upcoming MMORPG's.
Arcsalin
Emerald Rider

Lack of coverage

Post by Arcsalin »

Why is there a lack of coverage here of lord of the rings online when the damned thing is near release? bleh:
Mid Excalibur
Hib Pryd
Alb Stonehenge (I was there before teh cluster and gimps going from excal pryd cluster due to QQ - Noobs! :p )
Alb Camlann

.........far too many 50's to mention and no bb - hardcore gaming for a hardcore peep :)

Xest
Emerald Rider

Post by Xest »

Because as with Star Wars Galaxies and The Matrix online, we know that movie-based MMOs are almost always destined to be utter shite :p
OFFICER XEST - PROTECTING YOU AGAINST FORUM CRIME
Che Xefan, el presidente.

Heta
Emerald Rider

Post by Heta »

what lord of the rings? they making a game of it?
Woho! I got a 360 \o/

Arcsalin
Emerald Rider

Post by Arcsalin »

almost post beta now heta, nice game also despite Xest's nQQb allusions and preconceptions which we have all come to know and wub :p
Mid Excalibur
Hib Pryd
Alb Stonehenge (I was there before teh cluster and gimps going from excal pryd cluster due to QQ - Noobs! :p )
Alb Camlann

.........far too many 50's to mention and no bb - hardcore gaming for a hardcore peep :)

Heta
Emerald Rider

Post by Heta »

would never play a game based on lotr
Woho! I got a 360 \o/

Satyn
Emerald Rider

Post by Satyn »

Heta wrote:would never play a game based on lotr
ditto, it might look nice it would ruin my idea of the books/movies
Fallen Spirits GM
Obscurum GM
E&E
satyn1:

Gandelf

Post by Gandelf »

Xest wrote:Because as with Star Wars Galaxies and The Matrix online, we know that movie-based MMOs are almost always destined to be utter ****e :p

It isn't based on the films actually. It's based on the books.

Gandelf

Post by Gandelf »

Satyn wrote:ditto, it might look nice it would ruin my idea of the books/movies

I happen to think that Daoc, Shrouded Isles, Trials of Atlantis, Catacombs and now Labyrinth ruin my idea of the books and movies I've seen of the Dark Ages and Arthurian legend.

Edit: Oops forgot to mention Darkness Rising... but then again, it isn't all that memorable... just another below par expansion.

Xest
Emerald Rider

Post by Xest »

Gandelf wrote:It isn't based on the films actually. It's based on the books.
Ah that makes all the difference then, obviously in the books Frodo is a lesbian half-elf goat milker, Gandelf is a butch polish truck driver and Balrons are small sheep that run round squeaking at everything.

Point is, if a computer game isn't built from the ground up as a computer game it often doesn't move from a more static medium like a book/film to a dynamic medium like a computer game very well. It often only really works when you truly diverge away from the story line in the existing medium - this is why some Star Wars game work and others really don't, because some take the general theme, ideas and some of the props to a completely new story line designed for the computer and others try and bind to the story line and hence utterly suck.
OFFICER XEST - PROTECTING YOU AGAINST FORUM CRIME
Che Xefan, el presidente.

Arcsalin
Emerald Rider

Post by Arcsalin »

Gandelf wrote:I happen to think that Daoc, Shrouded Isles, Trials of Atlantis, Catacombs and now Labyrinth ruin my idea of the books and movies I've seen of the Dark Ages and Arthurian legend.

Edit: Oops forgot to mention Darkness Rising... but then again, it isn't all that memorable... just another below par expansion.
You failed to remember Lotm! /slap
Mid Excalibur
Hib Pryd
Alb Camlann

Return to “Other Games”