Alliance Chat Guidelines

Public forum for visitors to the Natures Eye Alliance

Moderator: Aran_Thule

Ankh Morpork

Post by Ankh Morpork »

Gandelf wrote:Aran,

Please could you clarify something for me...

Is it ok for crafters to advertise on /as chat that they are open for business and taking orders?

If it is ok, then how frequently can they ask for business, without it being considered as "SPAM"? e.g. once every 10 minutes, 20 minutes, 30 minutes, or what please?

Thanks.
Every half an hour should be ok imo...or every hour. But honestly, the ones in need of a crafter really doesnt have to see the advertise to find you. They got a /gu they can ask for a crafter and im pretty sure atleast ONE guy in every /gu would see if you spam once every hour or so.

Personally im pretty fed up with the whining about how bad daoc is in /as. Those kind of discussions should stay at forums or in your own /gu. Quite hard to enjoy the game if you hear complains in /as all the time. I tend to loose my temper cos of it..same thing when people discuss why <insert mmorpg> is better than daoc. If you wanna do those kind of discussions move to a forum or something. I dont mind some spam in /as but those kind are frustrating...or 'need <insert class> at fins' every 3rd minute.

/Ankh

Satyn
Emerald Rider

Post by Satyn »

Ankh Morpork wrote:Every half an hour should be ok imo...or every hour. But honestly, the ones in need of a crafter really doesnt have to see the advertise to find you. They got a /gu they can ask for a crafter and im pretty sure atleast ONE guy in every /gu would see if you spam once every hour or so.

Personally im pretty fed up with the whining about how bad daoc is in /as. Those kind of discussions should stay at forums or in your own /gu. Quite hard to enjoy the game if you hear complains in /as all the time. I tend to loose my temper cos of it..same thing when people discuss why <insert mmorpg> is better than daoc. If you wanna do those kind of discussions move to a forum or something. I dont mind some spam in /as but those kind are frustrating...or 'need <insert class> at fins' every 3rd minute.

/Ankh
agree with the first bit but really cant be arsed with the second bit. Imo there are much worse things to discuss over alliance than that. And you know that atm you get frustrated over the most silly things hunny ;)
Fallen Spirits GM
Obscurum GM
E&E
satyn1:

Kallima

Post by Kallima »

If you are crafting and want some orders then you probably just need to set your crafting title. Then anyone wanting that type of crafter can spot you by doing /who and contact you.

Satyn
Emerald Rider

Post by Satyn »

or post it in the crafter thingy here on pryd.net and set it as a note next to your name :)
Fallen Spirits GM
Obscurum GM
E&E
satyn1:

Lieva
Emerald Rider

Post by Lieva »

any mention of purple boots over /as should of cause be disregarded :o

(was a mt honest guv!)
Lievaordiea x Eldritch
Peonchants x Enchanter
Hibernia

Ankh Morpork

Post by Ankh Morpork »

[quote="Satyn"]agree with the first bit but really cant be arsed with the second bit. Imo there are much worse things to discuss over alliance than that. And you know that atm you get frustrated over the most silly things hunny ]

Yes, but whine in /as does ruin the game for me. It's like if you watch a movie with a guy and the other guy keep telling how bad the movie is.

/Ankh

Gandelf

Post by Gandelf »

Ankh Morpork wrote:Yes, but whine in /as does ruin the game for me. It's like if you watch a movie with a guy and the other guy keep telling how bad the movie is.

/Ankh

Ankh's correct. I feel the same.

Aran_Thule

Post by Aran_Thule »

advertising your services is fine as long as its not constant, as others have mentioned there are several things you can do, titles, posting here and on crafter section ect.
On the topic of other uses for /as, as stated we would prefer it to just be used for daoc related stuff.
As always if you want to discuss WoW, football ect you can always form a /cg
Aran Thule, Epic Sniper and Sojourner, Guild leader of the Artisans of Willow(roleplay guild)

Aran_Thule

Post by Aran_Thule »

Just a reminder, the alliance guidelines have been updated slightly to cover recent changes.
If everyone can read them it would be great so please let your guilds know.
Aran Thule, Epic Sniper and Sojourner, Guild leader of the Artisans of Willow(roleplay guild)

Return to “Natures Eye Alliance”