Alliance Chat Guidelines

Public forum for visitors to the Natures Eye Alliance

Moderator: Aran_Thule

Aran_Thule

Alliance Chat Guidelines

Post by Aran_Thule »

Alliance chat guidelines (/as)

Natures Eye Alliance has tried to be a relaxed friendly place.
The main tool for communicating between the guilds is /as so it is best for everyone if we keep it running smoothly.
Respect to others: Please be aware that we all play this game for fun. When you make a comment in /as please keep it friendly and respectful to keep our /as atmosphere friendly and welcome.
While some off topic conversations might irritate you, please consider to tolerate them for a short time but if it is going on then ask politely to get them moved into a /cg.

To help in this there are a few guidelines that will help.

Swearing/abusive terms: it isnt needed and isnt nice to read
Lewd discussion: please concider that there might be children playing or watching, also given people play over differant timezones so a watershed would not blanket everyone so please avoid sexual comments or innuendo.
Arguements: if there is a problem between yourself and someone else if possible solve it yourself using /send ect, or speak to thier guild leaders and yours.
Understanding: there are several differant guilds in the alliance and all have differant aspects, we want everyone to work together so please try your best not to say something that might cause offense.
Spamming: there is no problem with people having discussions, asking for group or asking questions but please be conciderate.
reaching a milestone (level 50, RR 5 ect) is an achievement and understandably you will want to tell everyone, however informing the alliance about every half ding you get in a fins group is best kept out of /as if possible.
RvR information: hopefully we can restart the habit of having a /bg in the frontier to share information, if there isnt one then you can always start one.
Important information should be mentioned on /as (relic raids, keep under siege ect) so people are aware.
Language: Apart from greetings the alliance language is English. Please refrain from a conversation in /as in any other languages.
Off topics: Sex, Politics, Racial comments, Religion are non-topics in this alliance. Apart from this anything goes like food, weather or football to mention a few.
If an off topic goes on for over 5 minutes or results in more than 40 lines of text within a minute please consider moving it into a /cg and advertise the /cg in /as for people coming on later. It is considered polite to do this before being asked by anyone. Please note that anyone asks then move your discussion into a /cg.
Trading: is there is an item that your after then the best thing to do is to post it on the trading section here on pryd.net
If you ask on /as and get no response its safe to assume noone has it available so please refrain from asking every 2 minutes.

Please try to make sure that all members are aware of these guidelines and sign up for the members section.
Aran Thule, Epic Sniper and Sojourner, Guild leader of the Artisans of Willow(roleplay guild)

Lairiodd
Emerald Rider

Post by Lairiodd »

You know Aran, as a mod on the NE forums you can stickie threads like this :)
Prydwen
Lairiodd Level 50 Nightshade and Legendary Grandmaster Smith (1065) check prices here
Lairirian Level 50 Mana Mentalist and Legendary Spellcrafter (TDD)
Lairgreybark Level 50 Arb Animist
Lairmindlock Level 50 Bard (TDD)
Camlann
Lairthall Level 35+ Friar

Stocking one 99% of most of the useful spellcrafting gems at Houses 3304 and 3306

Over 150 gems at 99% stocked

Ankh Morpork

Post by Ankh Morpork »

Imo we should have a private trading section on this board just for the alliance. But then again, there might be to few ppl interested in that.

/Ankh

Genedril
Emerald Rider

Post by Genedril »

Ankh Morpork wrote:Imo we should have a private trading section on this board just for the alliance. But then again, there might be to few ppl interested in that.

/Ankh

R/S 3/3 for sale 25p.....

Anyway yes I agree Ankh - trading on /as actually winds me up more than swearing & lewd discussions. Then again I'm not entirely normal on that respect.

Signing up & agreeing. Will let the rest of Mayhem know about this - they can read & digest. If they don't read it then ignorance is no excuse - they've been told to look.

Lasaeonn

Post by Lasaeonn »

I have copied these to the DBM forums and asked that all in the guild read them I will also adjust the guild MOTD asking people to read them.
Lasaeonn Blackstaff the Enchanter GM DarkBlade Mercenaries
Lasander the Bard with no style
Playing also on Gahreis (US Co-Op Server) and in DR Beta

Kesxex

Post by Kesxex »

Making sure that Keepers of the Grove will see it - if need be their /as rights will be revoked till they clean up their act.
"If you are not living on the edge, you occupy too much space!"

Wyst
Emerald Rider

Post by Wyst »

Also copied to MH webbie and will push as many folk as I can to read and sign to them.
Wyst Fullthinker 50 Warden ML10 BM RR8+
Vilcleft Cullthinker 50 BM ML10 BL RR5+
Ydrys Bard ML10 Soj RR4+
Hegglion 50 Voidy M10 convoker RR3+
Grusalug Hero, brainless ML8 WL RR3+
Cwmblyss MotherofWyst ML10 Conv RR2+
Ydryst Darkside screamer ML10 RR4+
Arnfiorgrit Valewalker ML8 RR3+
Molarbfloem Druid ML10 Perfector RR6+
Quickflick NS ML5 RR3+
Some others of lesser note on other servers of no consequence

All now asleep and probably forgotton

Satyn
Emerald Rider

Post by Satyn »

Will do same for FS
Fallen Spirits GM
Obscurum GM
E&E
satyn1:

Gandelf

FAO Aran....

Post by Gandelf »

Aran,

Please could you clarify something for me...

Is it ok for crafters to advertise on /as chat that they are open for business and taking orders?

If it is ok, then how frequently can they ask for business, without it being considered as "SPAM"? e.g. once every 10 minutes, 20 minutes, 30 minutes, or what please?

Thanks.

Ankh Morpork

Post by Ankh Morpork »

Gandelf wrote:Aran,

Please could you clarify something for me...

Is it ok for crafters to advertise on /as chat that they are open for business and taking orders?

If it is ok, then how frequently can they ask for business, without it being considered as "SPAM"? e.g. once every 10 minutes, 20 minutes, 30 minutes, or what please?

Thanks.
Every half an hour should be ok imo...or every hour. But honestly, the ones in need of a crafter really doesnt have to see the advertise to find you. They got a /gu they can ask for a crafter and im pretty sure atleast ONE guy in every /gu would see if you spam once every hour or so.

Personally im pretty fed up with the whining about how bad daoc is in /as. Those kind of discussions should stay at forums or in your own /gu. Quite hard to enjoy the game if you hear complains in /as all the time. I tend to loose my temper cos of it..same thing when people discuss why <insert mmorpg> is better than daoc. If you wanna do those kind of discussions move to a forum or something. I dont mind some spam in /as but those kind are frustrating...or 'need <insert class> at fins' every 3rd minute.

/Ankh

Return to “Natures Eye Alliance”