Anyone?

Keepers of the Sacred Nut Public Forum

Moderators: Hoonius, Hroth

Hroth
Emerald Rider

Anyone?

Post by Hroth »

Anyone still read this forum? :o
:) <<<<<<-- Default Smiley, Incase anyone takes anything I post too seriously :p

Legorel
Emerald Rider

Post by Legorel »

once in a blue moon, or at 5am one morning when i'm bored
Legorel - 5x Verdant Animist ML6 - rr3
Pheasant Plucker 5x Warden ML5 - rr5 (semi retired)
Chumpio Lumpio 5x Bard ML6 - rr3
Hicanna 5x Warden
Dealsin Pain 5x Eldritch
Phanny Pphhart 4x Druid for Bufs
Bettie Swollocks 4x Druid for yet more bufs
Staples 4x Ranger

House at 3495 Brewel Hill

Necrea
Emerald Rider

Post by Necrea »

I still have a watch on the forums so when something cool happens... :surprise:

Necrea... lvl 27 (and climbing) Undead Priest
(Cierann - lvl 4x Arborial Animist - born semi retired! :P )

Hoonius

Post by Hoonius »

definitely still on my list of sites i browse at intervals during the day. not this particualr section tho, it has to be said.

Nightmare
Emerald Rider

Ths forum

Post by Nightmare »

Hoonius wrote:definitely still on my list of sites i browse at intervals during the day. not this particualr section tho, it has to be said.

I check it once in a while.

Tbh i check FreddysHouse mostly looking at the flame wars.

Some really funny threads on there at mo.

http://forums.freddyshouse.com/showthread.php?t=57027

This thread starts with an Alb scout moaning at Maeloch (level 50 Ment) about how baseline stun is Over powered ( i mean a scout ffs) The best bit is when Penlid ( Hib bard ) admits to useing Radar on his US accounts and then gets completely flamed by everyone. These are the things i like reading on forums. Cause they make me laugh ;0p

There is something funny about the low level humour of forum trolls and people who play on line games.

And to answer your question, no this forum is dead since everyyone uses Ventrilo ;0p Which is sad really as some people cant use ventrilo which is why the guild channle is WoW is so dead = boring.

How are you all finding WoW now, im getting pretty bored of it now, my accounts run out 18th of may, and no gonna renew them for a bit.

What are your views on the game ??

:flame: :sheepskip :cow: :cow: :cow: :sheepskip :arti: :mezz: :newbie:
Nightmare Mana Mentalist

Hurtypointman CS Hero

Necrea
Emerald Rider

Post by Necrea »

I agree with your thoughts on ventrillo, it does mean that guild chat is dead...

I use a stand alone mic with sound coming out of my standard speakers and I know it sounds a bit silly but as I use a laptop and am often playing around the house, some of the language used can upset other members of the household (in laws etc!)... this means I often cant log in to ventrillo whilst playing with ppl around the house :S

As far as WoW is concerned... I am mostly enjoying it but I reckon that the mobs and scenery are a lot samey so far (only lvl 28 tho...). I miss the customised look thingy that you could get with dyes etc from DAOC (tailoring gets you some colours but they are limited to a few items of clothing!)

All in all 9/10 for ideas 5/10 for huggy/feely ness

Cheers,

Necrea (lvl28 Undead priest)

Nightmare
Emerald Rider

Post by Nightmare »

Similar problem here Dom.

Girlfriend is often asleep or in the other room so I dont have sound on, which means i dont hear whats going on and then basically end up soloing most of the time ;0p (which I do mostly anyway )

pity as there is a great sence of humour between this guild, and tbh I miss the funny commmnets typed in to Guild chat. In daoc i would quiet often split my sides laughing with some of the things that have been said.

WoW does get a bit samey after a while, tbh im gonna take a break as i said and then see what happens in a bit. One of the main problems is that all the good wepaons/armour seems to be level 55 - 60. so that means nothing but grinding from 45 - 60, and then even more grindign at 60. tbh ive had ewnough of grinding and questing, and PvP is crap unless you are ina group, very hard to solo PvP at my level ( is suspect this is also true at level 60 as well) . Apart from this the rogue class itself, although it seems very powerfull to everyone, i think at level 60 its one of the weaker classes to play. most of the other classes have added functionality now that basically neutralizes the rogues strongest ablity, which is steath.

This post on the WoW forums is by a level 60 Rogue on our server. He is basicaly giving up his rogue and starting a mage.

http://forums-en.wow-europe.com/thread. ... #post22261

Anyway summer is here soon, and i dont wana spend the whole summer extending my E penis, i wana get out and have some fun in the sun.

:mezz: :sheepskip :drugs: :stir: :sw: :nana:
Nightmare Mana Mentalist

Hurtypointman CS Hero

Necrea
Emerald Rider

Post by Necrea »

You're right m8 :)

I think we should start actively recruiting guildmembers too! If there were more ppl, then there would be varying interests and stuff to do... at the moment if you are not in *the* group doing a quest, then you are gonna be soloing or grouped with strangers. Dont get me wrong... this is not a clique thing, its just a symptom of a small guild!!!
Everyone in the guild are good people and I think everyone here is willing to pass on info and help out, but in order to survive (ie get your lvls at the same time as the others in the guild) you cant afford much time to not be grinding for xp or cash.
I wonder if the guild was larger maybe there would be more variety in the chat. And better scope for questing in guild groups. As we all know, variety is the spice of life...

Lets get some more people in the guild!

Cheers,
Necrea

(and by the way if anyone has some spare bits of wool, pls send them my way as they seem to have gone through the roof on the auctions :o )

Nightmare
Emerald Rider

Post by Nightmare »

The guild thing has always been a problem as the guild very rarely grows larger than 10 people.

I think you are right, to be a succesful guild you need to go out of the box and be prepared to accept a lot of people in to the guild, the problem is the more people you have in the guild the more problems it causes.

I think WoW is gonna highlight this issue soon as some of the larger High end dungeons require 40 man raids, these raids are very rarely random pick up raids, and mostly well organised, the problem witha small guild is that there is no alliance (i.e. a group of guilds sharing a chat channel) it relies on people being in zones where people are recruiting for the raids.

The guild if its gonna be succesfull needs to expand a great deal to provide everyone with the ablity to play the game, admitidly Quovel and Esander help people out regularly with there high level chars, bit there needs to be more people of differnt level ranges, to keep everyone happy and at least provide group memebers for the diff people in the guild. I guess the main thing is the push to level 60 at the moment, once people get there first chars to 60 thne they will start makeing alts and go throug the process again, this is when more alts will be made and then perhaps more groupign as people need to group up to level.

But in all the online games ive played, we have always created a guild and stuck it out, and always after a while of playing the game i start to realise if the guild was bigger so many more things would be available to do, guess its just the way it is, and tbh its hard to find people witha similar sence of humour.But online games are about meeting new people, one of the best experiences I had in an online game was meetin up with the Keepers of the Sacred Nut in Amsterdam, after we had all been playing together for a yar or so, that was great as mostly they were peopl ei only new in game, and not IRL. But im afraid thats not gonna happen again as people like to keep the guild tight, to ease the stress of running a large guild.

All in all the world of online computer games is running a bit dry with me again, seems they are all about investing large amounts of time to get to a certain level, just to spend even more time farming more items to be the best, which of course you will never be as there is always someone else who has played the game twice as much as you and because of this they will always win. Im gonna start investing my time in something that has real life rewards rather than extending my E Penis!!!

P.S. This is how i feel at the moment, no doubt it will change again soon. Bring on the sun ;0p
:mezz:
Nightmare Mana Mentalist

Hurtypointman CS Hero

Legorel
Emerald Rider

Post by Legorel »

Ventrilo: Have to say this is very hit and miss....The good sides being: Much less typing, and it's quicker too. On the downsides tho: Not everyone CAN use it, not everyone WILL use it, and it also means if we were to recruit new ppl, what would they see in the guild chat? - Just pointing out that your limiting guild members to Ventrilo users only. This is only narrowing the choice of players further. Or perhaps *The* group will use vent and leave the rest with typo's - still not really changing the way the guild works though.
I have used ventrilo for a while now (and other voice comms before) and I've always been of teh opinion that the majority of users TYPE as opposed to Talking. If you want a PC, you have to have a keyboard....end of! Ventrilo will require more.
Now I've also played a fairly vast array of PC games of different genres and I've found Ventrilo has the same 'draw-backs/limitations' in whatever game you play, there will always be people who can't or choose not to use voice comms. The same doesn't apply to typing.
I've tried to convert all sorts of people to voice, but I often end up being the one to 'give up' ventrilo and revert back to the ol' keyboard....
It's catch 22 really, I agree with alot of you that voice comms is the way of the future.....but until the majority of the internet converts to voice comms, I'm afraid a number of us have to revert back to the keyboard on an all to frequent basis.
And I also agree with Nightmare in the chatting stakes. I've heard some fantastic lines of test typed in channels that you just don't get in voice comms.....ohh and the fantastic typo's or mistells that appear.....not often you'll tell a ventrilo server that you've just had a fantastic one night stand, and then realise the whole guild heard it an not your best mate....

As for general MMORPG play: I've kind of stopped with WoW - found it samey and as i lost most of the guild in levels, I've also struggled to get grouped and good exp.
Did resub Pheasant/Legorel in DAoC but that's just been to check things over really.
I've actually started playing a bit of EVE-Online now and then and am thoroughly enjoying that.

I do have to say tho, I've returned to one of my age old passions of Sim-Racing, using a new game called 'GTR' - it's based on the GTR series which is loosely related to the Le-Mans 24hr cars....I've been in a team for over 7years and we've recently all started up again, and joined an online league.
I'm still around, but if you can't find me, I'm generally on messenger.

This is not blaming or flaming, I'm just trying to put across my understandings and findings.

BTW EVE-Online name is pheasant (and another great thing with EVE is it's a single server/universe, not this 30servers in one geographical location)

OK, thats enough typing for now :)
Legorel - 5x Verdant Animist ML6 - rr3
Pheasant Plucker 5x Warden ML5 - rr5 (semi retired)
Chumpio Lumpio 5x Bard ML6 - rr3
Hicanna 5x Warden
Dealsin Pain 5x Eldritch
Phanny Pphhart 4x Druid for Bufs
Bettie Swollocks 4x Druid for yet more bufs
Staples 4x Ranger

House at 3495 Brewel Hill

Return to “Keepers of the Sacred Nut”