Having played WoW...

General 'Hibernian' forum for the entire cluster
Gwom
Emerald Rider

Post by Gwom »

Only thing that should change in Daoc is removing F..ked up Toa.

Thats all i have to say but hey its allready been pointed out 1 bizzilion times.

Elrandhir

Post by Elrandhir »

Ovi wrote:Sorry did I miss the part where RvR is only supposed to be fun for those that do have immense RvR experience? :o

There are many DAoCers that only "dabble" in RvR and the current system disadvantages them the most. It's no co-incidence that the higher up the RRs you go the happier people are with the system.
Ofcourse not, but those spending more time RvRing should have the upper hand, have spent that time getting good at it and also got higher RR.
Elrandhir L50 Hero 7l7 Thunderer
Elthorian L50 6l7 Ranger Silverhand
Elthunder L50 4lx Eldritch
Elrandhira L50 5lx Druid BB
Elradah L50 Easymode Bainshee
Shimari L50 Animist
Ailanah L50 Enchanter
Vinterwolf L50 gimp Bard
<Crimson Tears> sweden:
(N)o (P)aiN (N)o (G)aiN

Argyleyn
Emerald Rider

Post by Argyleyn »

They already have a huge advantage, it's called experience. Ra's and toa items are simply making them unbeatable.
Argyleyn, ex raven ardent prime prestidigitist.

Elrandhir

Post by Elrandhir »

Argyleyn wrote:They already have a huge advantage, it's called experience. Ra's and toa items are simply making them unbeatable.

yeah well, if you spend time on getting good and getting good stuff to get Maxed you should have the upperhand, same with anything spend lots of time doing you will be better then those who havent done so.

I wouldent expect haveing the same chance as anyone that have spend much more time on something then I have, and he deserves to have a better chance then me.

I can agree to that it will be hard at start for someone that havent played much, but if you want to you will just have to make the effort getting good at it.
Elrandhir L50 Hero 7l7 Thunderer
Elthorian L50 6l7 Ranger Silverhand
Elthunder L50 4lx Eldritch
Elrandhira L50 5lx Druid BB
Elradah L50 Easymode Bainshee
Shimari L50 Animist
Ailanah L50 Enchanter
Vinterwolf L50 gimp Bard
<Crimson Tears> sweden:
(N)o (P)aiN (N)o (G)aiN

centurion
Emerald Rider

Post by centurion »

Xest wrote:Please don't be an ass to Banana, she didn't save the Prydwen.net domain so that people like you could bitch at her.

She saved it so people like me can bitch at people like you!
Bitching? I'd just like to see some arguments to back up instead of the usual "yes I agree". Seems like that is too much to expect from people. I'm sorry I expect mods to come with constructive posts then and not some yadda yadda, especially since this seemed to be a serious debate thread, and if that's being an ass, so be it. People like me ? Please enlighten me what people like me are then, you seem to pretty much know everything about me judging from my reply, so go ahead.
Zephina
<Eclipse>

game over

Ankh Morpork

Post by Ankh Morpork »

centurion wrote:Bitching? I'd just like to see some arguments to back up instead of the usual "yes I agree". Seems like that is too much to expect from people. I'm sorry I expect mods to come with constructive posts then and not some yadda yadda, and if that's being an ass, so be it. People like me ? Please enlighten me what people like me are then, you seem to pretty much know everything about me judging from my reply, so go ahead.
/em gives Centurion a couple of valium

]/Ankh[/B]

smiley
Emerald Rider

Post by smiley »

i agree totally with gand
<Sun>
Smiley ranger

Lieva
Emerald Rider

Post by Lieva »

centurion wrote:and what arguments do you base this on ? Judging from your immense rvr experience are we? or you just postfarming again.

magican vs magican ? forester vs mage? please explain.

As youll find on page 2 http://www.prydwen.net/showthread.php?t=1475&page=2&pp=10 I have already stated my opinion. I was marely reiterating it insted of slagging Gandelf off like alot of people were doing.

If you think im post farming - tbh i dont care. Prolly am Image

And if youll see the very 1st post...
Gandelf wrote:...three things I would like to see changed in DAoC:-

1. Interrupt reduced for casters. Interrupt is a killer in DAoC, especially when you're getting ganked. Casters should have less interruption of their spells. WoW is more "caster-friendly" and interruption only really increases the length of time before you successfully cast a spell... but you will cast it eventually. In DAoC if you get interrupted you have to start casting again... but you get interrupted again. Having played WoW and then coming back to DAoC, interrupt was the first thing that really annoyed me... I forgot how bad it was.

Youll notice gandelf didnt once use the word RvR
In fact - besides the honor system, WoW doesnt HAVE rvr so i dont see why a person would need 'vast' RvR experience to make a comment on their own class whom they have played for over 2yrs now.
&quot wrote: I'm sorry I expect mods to come with constructive posts then and not some yadda yadda, especially since this seemed to be a serious debate thread,

Ah you have me mistaken with someone else i feel. Im the person who passes on vital forum requests to those who wont actually kill prydwen.net and adds smilies Image you may have used my work before? Image

I very rarely contribute to serious discussions. How can a person called 'banana' ever be taken seriously Image
However I do play a Eldritch - and have done for quite some time now. I may not know alot of maths and such however i do have an opinion on my own class and would like to actually state it as many times as possible without being told off.
Lievaordiea x Eldritch
Peonchants x Enchanter
Hibernia

Xest
Emerald Rider

Post by Xest »

centurion wrote:Bitching? I'd just like to see some arguments to back up instead of the usual "yes I agree". Seems like that is too much to expect from people. I'm sorry I expect mods to come with constructive posts then and not some yadda yadda, especially since this seemed to be a serious debate thread, and if that's being an ass, so be it. People like me ? Please enlighten me what people like me are then, you seem to pretty much know everything about me judging from my reply, so go ahead.
No, I don't know everything about you from one post, I do however know one thing from it, and that's that you're an ass.
OFFICER XEST - PROTECTING YOU AGAINST FORUM CRIME
Che Xefan, el presidente.

centurion
Emerald Rider

Post by centurion »

Banana wrote:As youll find on page 2 http://www.prydwen.net/showthread.php?t=1475&page=2&pp=10 I have already stated my opinion. I was marely reiterating it insted of slagging Gandelf off like alot of people were doing.

If you think im post farming - tbh i dont care. Prolly am Image

And if youll see the very 1st post...

Youll notice gandelf didnt once use the word RvR
In fact - besides the honor system, WoW doesnt HAVE rvr so i dont see why a person would need 'vast' RvR experience to make a comment on their own class whom they have played for over 2yrs now.

Ah you have me mistaken with someone else i feel. Im the person who passes on vital forum requests to those who wont actually kill prydwen.net and adds smilies Image you may have used my work before? Image

I very rarely contribute to serious discussions. How can a person called 'banana' ever be taken seriously Image
However I do play a Eldritch - and have done for quite some time now. I may not know alot of maths and such however i do have an opinion on my own class and would like to actually state it as many times as possible without being told off.
Fair enough , my apologizes to you then. Was never my intention to be a meanie or something anyway :p

Xest : I think you have made your point and that you don't like me, I'll let you know when I care. And If it helps , I think you are an ass also.
Zephina
<Eclipse>

game over

Return to “Hibernian Cluster Discussion”