Help for people who lost stuff

General 'Hibernian' forum for the entire cluster
Ankh Morpork

Post by Ankh Morpork »

Genedril wrote:Seemed to manage to get through this unscathed, but feel for those that didn't. If you need a hand helping Cryn - just give me a shout & I'll see what I can bring.
For some odd reason all I lost was 1 chars items/vault on 3 accounts. So i was VERY lucky.

/Ankh

Bidi
Emerald Rider

Post by Bidi »

Overdue wrote:From Requiels post on FH it seems that all UNIQUE items are going to be replaced. These are items such as Ring of the Heavens, Immolated Ring, Blackened Wrap, etc. Artefacts will also be replaced. RoG Items/Armour and Crafted will not, but money will be given so you may get the armour crafted again. Templates with RoG Items/Armour in will be ruined ofcourse.
You need to be careful witht he use of the word Unique, ROG's are unique items and I understand they will NOT be replaced as GOA are not able to recreate those items.

Named rare items should be replaced, such as Ring of Heavenly Bodies etc etc.

My real concern from all this is that inflation is going to be insane people walking about with 30-100plat on them yet the item drop rate has not be increased. Plenty of demand and not enough supply = runaway inflation.
Currently Training in EVE and playing BF2:

Rhohandra -Caldari
Quinthar lvl 36 - Barbarian - Monk
Eranu lvl 31 - Gnome - Fury (29 Provisioner)

------------
Excalibur: (Retired)
Ferus Legionis
[50's] Armsman, Necro, Cleric, Cleric, Fire Wiz, Scout, Infil, Cabbie, Heretic, Sorc
Prydwen: (Retired)
Angry Squirrels
[50's] Bidi/Chanter, Maon/Druid, Flies/Ranger, Retsekans/Warden, Gloekin/Animist, Shsil/Mentalist

Bidi
Emerald Rider

Post by Bidi »

Adianna wrote:I appreciate the offer but well I say thanks, but no thanks. No thanks, I don't want any help in this matter by the community. I want all things restored properly by GOA, no less no more. I don't care if it would be difficult or if it would be time consuming or if they had Mythic actually do something. If they want to keep me paying subs, they should better make up for the mess they did. All chars were in perfect order before serverdown, I didn't miss anything so my best guess still is they messed everything up with their first attempts to fix it. It isn't under any circumstances tolerable for me, that the player community makes up for mistakes by the service provider... and putting insane amounts of money into the game to compensate isn't in any case an idea worth thinking of as compensation. It'll ruin the game economy by putting back in money but not equivalent items.
I'm mad as hell and think GOA should sort this out. However its a question of time and money, Your 8 quid a month is simply not worth what it would "possibly" take to restore it all. I simply do not know what is required.

I wholy agree with your last statement, they need to increase the spawn/drop rate of named mobs to compensate for the number of items lost, in a few days time items are gonna go through the roof in prices.
Currently Training in EVE and playing BF2:

Rhohandra -Caldari
Quinthar lvl 36 - Barbarian - Monk
Eranu lvl 31 - Gnome - Fury (29 Provisioner)

------------
Excalibur: (Retired)
Ferus Legionis
[50's] Armsman, Necro, Cleric, Cleric, Fire Wiz, Scout, Infil, Cabbie, Heretic, Sorc
Prydwen: (Retired)
Angry Squirrels
[50's] Bidi/Chanter, Maon/Druid, Flies/Ranger, Retsekans/Warden, Gloekin/Animist, Shsil/Mentalist

Selenia
Emerald Rider

Post by Selenia »

To assist in people getting kitted out in the meanwhile, all ROG armour and weaponry on my consignment merchant will be given away at 1g per item. Please contact me in-game and again I'm trusting people not to abuse this. This is merely to help people that have lost things to be able to play in the meantime.
Selenia Blackstaff:selenia:
50th Season Void Eldritch
RR6, Silver Hand, Legendary Spellcrafter, 1xxx

Phear the tr3b!!!!11 (x2)

Return to “Hibernian Cluster Discussion”