Two Spellcrafting Developments I'd like to see...

General 'Hibernian' forum for the entire cluster
Kesxex

Post by Kesxex »

Darim wrote:One thing that could make Alch more desirable is that if they could create stacks of powerpots. And I'm talking big stacks. Like 50-100 bottles. Let's say a batch of those would cost 1-2p in the market, that would be good cash and great usage.
This thing was recently discussed on VN with the Crafting TL. One reason Mythic doesn't want to do it is they think it is imbalanced. Now you have a limited space for competing potions that keep you going for only a short while or give you a short boost at crucial time.
With big multi-charges pots this limit would be taken away giving the one that uses pots an advantage.
Another technical aspect is that unlike water potions they cannot make multi pots that can be sold back.

Personally I think (and proposed long ago and discussed with Crafting TL) that sc'ers should be able to salvage TOA drops and get a gem with a limited TOA utility out of it. Like +2 to all skills or +3 or 1% spell haste or 3% buff effectiveness.
The idea is still under discussion and on the backburner for now.

Alchemy should get a boost in regard to higher buff potions allowing more balance between buffbot users and single account users. This and maybe a 5 pot stack (not sellable after combo) for the healing and special potions. But as said above this is a non-issue currently on the list of the Crafting TL until technical issues are solved (or arranged).
"If you are not living on the edge, you occupy too much space!"

HappyG
Emerald Rider

Post by HappyG »

I cannot agree with 1. I payed more to have 3 pieces of armor SCed last week, than I did 2 years ago for whole set of armor and weapons. Ther's a general lack of SCers in Hib, and people are ready to pay good money for their service.

I agree with 2. tho. "SCed by Gandelf" would be as popular as Adidas in RL.
Hep, treated MMORPG addict, on the way to master his uni
Morana, one of a few Rangers, that did not Zerg. Retired for good.

Elrandhir

Post by Elrandhir »

HappyG wrote:I cannot agree with 1. I payed more to have 3 pieces of armor SCed last week, than I did 2 years ago for whole set of armor and weapons. Ther's a general lack of SCers in Hib, and people are ready to pay good money for their service.

I agree with 2. tho. "SCed by Gandelf" would be as popular as Adidas in RL.

aint agreeing to everything, but with some because SCers are highly needed, and saw talk about Alchemists before they are to badly needed.

But WCers have nothing really, maby you can make an leg-wep some time, but as the components are so expensive you wont do that to often neways, and Fletching pfft who even needs that anylonger ;D

I say Wcer's and Fletchers need something big as they really have nothing atm.

Kesxex

Post by Kesxex »

Well, the bone that Mythic throws to WC and Fletch is ....
<deep breath>
<fanfare>
HORSE BARDING
"If you are not living on the edge, you occupy too much space!"

Finolin

Post by Finolin »

HappyG wrote:I cannot agree with 1. I payed more to have 3 pieces of armor SCed last week, than I did 2 years ago for whole set of armor and weapons. Ther's a general lack of SCers in Hib, and people are ready to pay good money for their service.
I tend to think the opposite in that if there are not enough SCers, then letting them make use of their skills not just in spellcrafting but also in salvaging would encourage more people to take up the craft.

I have a tailor that I skilled up ages ago. At the moment, the only tailoring I do is either for guildies or when I get enough salvaged cloth in my vault that I need to clear some space. It's not a lot, but it means that from time to time there are 99% quality or MP items on my CM. If I could use a spellcrafter to salvage drops, I could imagine skilling up one for similar reasons.
Finolin, 50th Elven Void Eldritch ML10 Convoker
Felia, 50th Celt Bard ML10 Sojourner
Fert, 50th Sylvan Arboreal Animist ML10 Convoker
Finality, 50th Sylvan Valewalker ML10 Battlemaster
Finoshar, 50th Shar Hero ML10 Battlemaster
Findrid, 50th Celt Druid ML10 Perfector
Fiat, 50th Celt Druid ML10 Perfector
Finesty, 50th Shar Mentalist ML10 Warlord
Fung, 50th Sylvan Verdant Animist ML10 Convoker
Finchant, 50th Elven Mana Enchanter ML10 Convoker

Gandelf

Post by Gandelf »

To be completely truthful, there is no valid reason why Spellcrafters/Alchemists should not be able to salvage. It's extra money. It would do no harm. Everyone who is not a Spellcrafter/Alchemist would not be bothered by it either way, but it would make a difference to those who need it most (Spellcrafters/Alchemists). I just don't see what the big deal is with it, from Mythic's point of view. Why should Mythic want to prevent Spellcrafters/Alchemists from salvaging? What possible detrimental effect could it have on the game and server economy? It just doesn't make sense that Mythic should withold it.

It's the same with Jewelcrafting... Mythic promised us that too, years ago. In my opinion, I think Spellcrafters should be able to craft jewels... I don't think it should be a separate tradeskill. Maybe Alchemists should get it too, but it would be only the crafting of the item itself, because only Spellcrafters would be able to imbue them.

Lothandar
Emerald Rider

Post by Lothandar »

Gandelf wrote:If this were the case, there would be a greater incentive for spellcrafters to take responsibility for completing whole spellcrafting requests,

Isn't the fast money enough?

Childofkhain
Emerald Rider

Post by Childofkhain »

100 power pots would cost me 300g not 1 to 2p

The reason few people use alch's is that most people want galla procs.
Amedor wrote:I could imagine George Bush playing a Warlock
pikeh wrote:Britney Spears plays a bainshee.
Requiel wrote:It's not a bug, the encounter is designed to fail if you abuse the game mechanics... If you'd like to report yourself for cheating we'll investigate your problem.

Lothandar
Emerald Rider

Post by Lothandar »

Childofkhain wrote:The reason few people use alch's is that most people want galla procs.
Eh no, people just aren't dependant on procs as they are on stats.

Not like I will go farming galla to have a hp proc tincture imbued on my armor because it does not make a difference at all in fg vs fg combat. Same goes for ablative, it's good to have but not essential.

Satyn
Emerald Rider

Post by Satyn »

i actually started making an alch to make all my dye's :p but i kept going.
Thinking about making a SC'r tho ... who knows.
Fallen Spirits GM
Obscurum GM
E&E
satyn1:

Return to “Hibernian Cluster Discussion”