When will I get my stuff back???

General 'Hibernian' forum for the entire cluster
Belisar
Emerald Rider

Post by Belisar »

Satyn wrote: the response to Beli's post
Aaawww Satyn if you are gonna quote me and respond please take the whole thing in context.

Your response to my post is kind of what I was saying in paragraph 2 - at least that is what I meant.
Beli wrote: If Erce reads this I suggest she re-reads the other posts. I do not think it is you they are getting at really but some of the other posts and postees. They are also only proffering their opinion. You have just been unlucky in that your posts have been a little taken over.
See paranoid:

Blimey now we are all getting defensive, including me.
Brain cells come and brain cells go but fat cells live forever !

Currently playing Hib (ofc) on Uthgard

Lieva
Emerald Rider

Post by Lieva »

full moon
makes everyone paranoid paranoid:

anyway stick to the topic peeps.

can we restart the OoohoO post about people putting date they were fixed and when they applied so we know where they are up to please.

Thanx :D
Lievaordiea x Eldritch
Peonchants x Enchanter
Hibernia

Scabs
Emerald Rider

Post by Scabs »

stupeh wrote:O_o. Feel free to elaborate on whatever it is you think i've done wrong... i can get a warning for calling someone sensitive now? :p

Of course it will take a priority for them. However, when there are another 17 thousand people playing the game, GoA have to maintain an order of priority. If not for your (Prydwen's population, not you singular), but for their sakes. 500 people being displeased is majorly better than some 17 thousand odd.

I know it must be frustrating for people who haven't received their items back yet, and i agree, from an outside view it looks a complete shambles. You have to accept that GoA is more likely to do the 'best' thing for the majority, over than the minority, but that wouldn't mean that problems people have are not considered as being high priority.

Scabs:

Your analagy is rather flawed, as already pointed out. I have no clue where you were leading to with the "that replacement car has only 75% of it's parts working." comment, because you wouldn't be given a non-fully functional courtesy car. ><

French gaming event. More PR for the game -> More members -> More money for GoA, which SHOULD inturn improve the overal quality of support, especially in problems such as the Prydwen case. (More money+servers means more staff are needed, so if a similar situation happens, there are even more people that could perhaps be diverted from their normal work, to help rectify problems.) Also, the people who have been pulled off would be the EXTRA people who were used to help the process along.
it's an analagy so it's not really a car, it's your DAoC account, which isn't fully working due to the fact stuff is missing?
WAR! - K8 Peaks

Snozzle - 27 Shaman. drunk:

Guild - Pestis
Alliance - Squig Quo Pro
Members - Heavy Metal, Pestis, Brutal DeLuxe, Nocturnal Dawn, BLONDIIN PINGVIIN, De Gale Trolde fra Nord

Dotster
Emerald Rider

Post by Dotster »

tbh i think they taking piss and a bunch of prats and i bet my bottom dollor quin and rest defending them have got there stuff bck.

and they would be pissed if they still not got stuff bck now like us lot.

how can u defend them when the chars i have lost is the chars i only want to play ?

how can it be right to have to re subcribe so they can fix ur stuff as they do not do closed accounts ?

btw it was 6 weeks neally since server came bck up plus the 2 weeks server was down so i would say for me 2 accounts @ £8 pounds each for 2 months is not value for money £32 pound i paid for fook all so enough defending the tossers this should of been sorted at any cost by goa instead of doing it the cheap and easy long eway
maybe im back

New Toon Tripler - VW lvl 49uk:

all chars are gonedoh:

Cryn
Emerald Rider

Post by Cryn »

Satyn wrote:dont really think you have the right to say that. You dont know how many hours a day those ppl work. I dont see any reason why they shouldnt put those remaining 500 reports as a priority. And just because they went to a marketing exercise (wich you should be happy for that they do that cos marketing is good for this game) doesnt mean there was anyone left to work on the problem. You dont know if that was in the evening after workinghourse either or in the weekend.

I really do feel for everyone that hasnt had their items back, but posts like this is just oil on the fire.
Why don't I have a right to say it? I'm not saying anything not based on the facts and I am not trying to twist the situation.

Prioritisation is an issue for all organisations. You've got a list of goals you want to achieve, a list of tasks through which you will achieve them and a finite amount of resource to allocate to the tasks to get them done. In a healthy business, your list of tasks will require more resources than you actually have, so you have to prioritise - some you do now, some you do at a later date. Or in some cases, you reduce the size of the task to accomplish your goal to lesser degree. In other cases, you may feel that you'll take a risk and only resource something as much as it requires in the most optimistic circumstances, so that if anything goes wrong your goal slips. You get the picture.

All I am saying is that GOA have determined that whichever goal they are trying to achieve through going to the show (presumably a short-term marketing goal and probably part of a longer term marketing stratgey) is more important than restoring the items as quickly as they can.

Am I happy that they are putting effort into marketing the game? Yes. Would I prioritise this particular element in the overall marketing effort above restoring items? No.

Why not? Well, for one thing the impact of attending the show is going to be very localised. People who attend it will be partly industry (meaning they are not potential customers) and the non-industry people going will almost certainly be aware of DAoC already (people don't attend such things unless they are involved int he hobby already). I'm sure some new players will be gained, but I doubt it will be many, and since the visibility of the show is localised (apart from some press coverage of the show itself), it won't do a huge amount to increase to profile of DAoC on the whole.

Furthermore, the resourcing allocated to preparations for the show could possibly be reduced without impacting the marketing goal in a huge sense (this sort of thing has a lot of flexibility in it since it is not an exact science). Showing your face at a show can be accomplished without generating huge amounts of electronic artifacts if necessary (there's always things to display).

So really we're saying should they divert resources from restoration to make their presence at a show a bit more impressive. I'm sure they will be attending whether they diverted resources or not.

Now, the next question is how valuable in terms of marketing is the goodwill of the existing player base? By delaying the restoration they are drawing out the publicity being received relating to one of the worst ever episodes in GOAs custody of DAoC Europe. The value of drawing a line under it so that people stop remembering what a gigantic mess it was is significant in marketing terms. Allowing the playerbase to get closure and move on to feeling more positive is very important.

At this stage in DAoC's commercial lifespan, the existing playerbase is incredibly important. Losing these long-term supporters of the game are big blows, much more significant than winning a few new people who may never play beyond their free month.

Sorry for the long post, but these days it seems we are not allowed to make criticisms of DAoC without being labelled as some kind of malcontent. Demonstrating that my opinions have some rational basis might (though I don't hold out much hope) keep the optimism facists, who dictate that we must put a positive slant on everything GOA does regardless of reality, from making the usual gamut of inane responses.
Peat Bog, Animist <Iron Wolves>
Cryn Twyn, Bard <Iron Wolves>
Tape Gob, Eldritch <Iron Wolves>

Inventor of the Lagapult™
House 3303, Cior Barr. Come Visit.

Now playing ... WAR on Karak Eight Peaks
Irony, Runepriest <NFD>
Sable, Witch Hunter <NFD>

stupeh
Emerald Rider

Post by stupeh »

Scabs wrote:it's an analagy so it's not really a car, it's your DAoC account, which isn't fully working due to the fact stuff is missing?
But you haven't got a replacement, it's the original. >< Your analagy is comparing apples with pears.

Dotster:

People who have lost things and not received them back yet keep asking questions, such as when, or why is it taking so long, or why is it not a priority. When given an answer, those same people seem to reject the answer, while being most likely true, as nonsense. What else would you like to be told?..

Can just imagine it tomorrow on the website:

"Yeah, sorry Prydwen players, we don't actually give a fuck. Cleaning the toilet is higher on our list of priorities than you."

No matter what is said, there will always be whine. Now, i'm not saying it isn't justified, but when time again you have been given a perfectly logical answer you continue to moan about it, whine and ask the exact same questions again.

RE: Keeping accounts open.

Several options open to you here. If you were reading updates on the situation on here, you would have known that the GMs were posting on FH. You could have checked every Prydwen problem related thread on FH, and found out any information you needed to make a decision about keeping your account open, or allowing it to close. When the GMs get to you, and your account is closed, they updated the RN saying to activate your account, and then you will have your items replaced. You won't have had to wait a long time after reactivating and replying to the RN, because your request will have been at the top of the queue, marked as waiting for an answer. This would have saved you a month or twos payment on the account, if you aren't playing them at all. (All this information was easily found on FH during the time around the problems).

**Any reference to you will normally be meant as a collective you, as opposed to you as a person (whoever may be reading this)
~

Scabs
Emerald Rider

Post by Scabs »

STUPEH read the thread please before you say my analagy is incorrect, Quinlain used the replacement car. I was just adjusting it. I have taken quins replacement car as your account with stuff missing. So the car is not 100%. Therefore the 75% car.

If I have misinterpreted it then oh well shame.
Quinlan wrote:Let me ellaborate on /adjust your scenario to another situation:

OK your car has gone in to be fix. After 6 weeks you go in to see if it's ready. They say to you sorry it's not fixed yet the main mechanic has gone off to the Mechanic Meeting for the week. We'll try our best but he's the main mechanic and it will take more time without him.

On the Mechanic Meeting the main mechanic shows mechanics from all over the country to fix cars fasters.

Ok you have to wait longer and it might have caused some annoyance with you but you just drive around in the replacement car. But in the future you can go to any affiliated dealer and be sure you will be helped faster since the mechanics are trained better
WAR! - K8 Peaks

Snozzle - 27 Shaman. drunk:

Guild - Pestis
Alliance - Squig Quo Pro
Members - Heavy Metal, Pestis, Brutal DeLuxe, Nocturnal Dawn, BLONDIIN PINGVIIN, De Gale Trolde fra Nord

stupeh
Emerald Rider

Post by stupeh »

I don't care who said it.. you just can't use an analagy that totally changes the sodding situation. Try getting your car back but missing a wheel. Sure, you can drive about, but it's not fun, it's hard work, and it's a lot more hassle in the end when you come to getting it fixed properly. :<

Also, it's not the main techs who have gone, it's the extra's who have.. that's why it's a crap analagy to use, because it changes nearly all of the most important details. :|
~

Ovi
Emerald Rider

Post by Ovi »

Satyn wrote:that is silly, I dont see any bullying going on here. Just one opinion against another. Feel free to tell me what the bullying is tho.

I think Erce is probably referring to comments like ...
Quinlan wrote:
I guess to make Erce and Cryn happy...
combined with some of the thread splits etc.

Seems like these days Prydwen.net is no longer a place where debates are welcome, such a shame as this was the best community forum I have been a part of by such a long way :cry:

Belisar
Emerald Rider

Post by Belisar »

stupeh wrote: People who have lost things and not received them back yet keep asking questions, such as when...

When given an answer...
Hey we are almost back on topic :wave:

The original question was when ? Erce then followed that up with a comment saying she is not seeking an exact date but just a ballpark figure.

The answer GOA have given was something along the lines of well we are 80% of the way through. In my simple mind that means 80% in 6 weeks so around 1.5 weeks to go.

However they have diverted some resources away from restoration which will extend the date and we do not know how they have prioritised the RN reports. There are suggestions they are not working in number order so they may have saved a few awkward ones until last. So that may extend the date further.

Hang on I'll get my calculator....

Judging by the facts we know and the comments here I reckon Erce's car and everyone else's has a good chance of being fixed by the end of the next two weeks.

Oh hang on it wasn't cars we were talking about was it....

Ah well anyway whatever the original question I am guessing two weeks :mwahaha:

[Disclaimer] The answer of two weeks is based on no known facts, no inside knowledge and no understanding of the process at all. In fact it is an answer my mate a builder uses when asked why his original estimate of completion by Thursday was not met and when he thinks he will be finished.
Brain cells come and brain cells go but fat cells live forever !

Currently playing Hib (ofc) on Uthgard

Return to “Hibernian Cluster Discussion”