Catacombs - how do you think?

General 'Hibernian' forum for the entire cluster
Lothandar
Emerald Rider

Post by Lothandar »

Sharkith wrote:<animists+fop argh yarr!>

I sense bitterness. I wonder if any of those infamous dungeon mobs don't drop like flies in front of 5-6 animists+fop.

But wait, there's more !

Catacombs items are not better than toa items thus there's absolutely no need to bother with it, some items are considerable but I made a 26 str 10% melee dmg+spd template anyway for my hero.

Same for my bard, capped range, castspeed, dex cap, 15%(?) duration. All those special bonuses I need on my classes are capped, without catacombs. Now why would I go down to rot in those dungeons fighting purple mobs while I can just farm toa encounters to kit myself out for pvp?

Obviously I don't play this game to "explore pve content". I just do what pve I HAVE to do, and I don't like mythics way of tossing more and more REQUIRED pve under my nose.

Also catacombs is a nuisance without a proper fg. Pretty much like rvr. I don't even have my account open because of the lack of groups. (or maybe I got bored of daoc, who knows ><)

My standing with catacombs is neutral. I don't care about it, not necessarily in a negative manner, I just simply don't care.

Now this might HAVE to change with dr because it will introduce more REQUIRED content. Dark days are coming, for those who still like the pvp part of the game.

Surely those who don't loathe pve enjoy these expansions.

HappyG
Emerald Rider

Post by HappyG »

I hope GOA will offer similar pack as Mythic did, DR+Cata = $30 or so, in other case I will have to spend cash for an addon I dont need/want. I dont like cata character models (luris walk like shadowblades, and look like 10 years old), cata engine is most likely slower (more load for my dual log), I don't want to lvl new alts, and I have no desire for Darkspire items :) As for PvE challenges - I am not that attached to my chars that I would play inferiour PvE game, when I can run WoW.

Oh, I do however look forward to one cata client feature - left click panning \\o
Hep, treated MMORPG addict, on the way to master his uni
Morana, one of a few Rangers, that did not Zerg. Retired for good.

Downy
Emerald Rider

Post by Downy »

HappyG wrote:I cata engine is most likely slower

Cata client works better for me than TOA ever did actually
Downy-SW/BW/SM on War

Elrandhir

Post by Elrandhir »

Downy wrote:Challenging? :p Get pet char with ml9,fop bot and speed class and you done,kiting and healing might be bit breaking but still would not call it challenging.

Skip ML9 pet, FoP then, and to get it more challengeing you could always skip buffing also, lets se how you will do now...more challenging? ;P

Bugzy
Emerald Rider

Post by Bugzy »

Xest wrote:I think you can find the same experience in ToA if you look for it.

Certainly doing ML1/2/3 as 1fg is pretty good fun and challenging. Also soloing GoV/WH/Phoebus/Battler/Malice were pretty amusing and challenging for example.
GoV - 2 animists, 1 puller, 1 bb
WH - any char that wants to die.
Phoeus - Shrooooooom
Battler - ml 9 pet.
Malice - so easy its unreal.

IMO, VoS spoilt ToA.
Bard - ML 8 - RR4Lx - 33/37/43
Vampiir - ML 1 - RR3Lx - 38/32/43

Return to “Hibernian Cluster Discussion”