GOA gives the big wavey finger

General 'Hibernian' forum for the entire cluster
Satyn
Emerald Rider

Post by Satyn »

Scabs wrote:Why not?
This is out of topic hun will respond to this once otherwise just pm me. I'm giving them the benefiet of the doubt here. Just like I did with you. A written warning before a real warning.
It might also be that if another mod reads their posts they will get a warning.
Fallen Spirits GM
Obscurum GM
E&E
satyn1:

stupeh
Emerald Rider

Post by stupeh »

Belisar wrote:Is it me or are you two actually agreeing but still being a tad abusive ?
How can we be agree'ing. O_o

He says cluster was delayed by the database problems, yes, ofcourse it was. However, it was deleyed before that by Mythic not sending over the files for various reasons (as said by Requiel). My point is that a delay in cluster happened before the database corruption, so that would be the first problem, not the second, as someone tried to wrong point out.
~

Cryn
Emerald Rider

Post by Cryn »

Requiel's response sound very reasonable and justified (and therefore probably is), but I am still left unconvinced.

Why was the original rate of item restoration so much higher than it is now? Surely this can only be due to a change in resourcing and from the difference in the rate just after the crash to now, quite a large change.

Why is there no commitment to getting it done by a certain time? They've been doing it long enough to know how long it takes and should by now be able to make estimates based on the number of items left and the number of people working on it. Only by committing to dates do things move at the speed they should. Whenever anyone works on open-ended deadlines, it always takes forever.

As Beli said, whatever your communication strategy, surely you recognise that saying "Clustering will not happen until restoration is complete", then reversing this decision without explanation or even acknowledging the reversal is gonna make people uncomfortable.

If the restoration really IS your number 1 priority, than at this point I guess we should be getting extremely concerned about all other issues. Taking forever to sort your number 1 priority doesn't bode well for lower priority tasks.
Peat Bog, Animist <Iron Wolves>
Cryn Twyn, Bard <Iron Wolves>
Tape Gob, Eldritch <Iron Wolves>

Inventor of the Lagapult™
House 3303, Cior Barr. Come Visit.

Now playing ... WAR on Karak Eight Peaks
Irony, Runepriest <NFD>
Sable, Witch Hunter <NFD>

Tare
Emerald Rider

Post by Tare »

Dotster wrote: tare u are a prat u no all u think about is ur self
How can I be thinking of myself, when it's quite possible that my inactive elph has been stripped (just cba to check) and I'm not coming back for clustering? I'm just voicing my opinion. Opinions don't tend to be liked by everyone though. Calling me a prat is a sign of weakness. Instead of valid arguements you start playing it personal.

Reply to #106:

First of all, Requiel never said 20,000 accounts, it was Satyn who came up with that number.
Second, the statement about the 500 characters still stripped dates from the first week of October. So in reality and by simple logic, there should be less than 500 accounts left.

For the rest, Requiel answered most of the questions, I'm pretty sure that his post can cover any questions you might have. Read them.
Although I'll grant there's one question that I'd like to see answered still:

Requiel, how many characters have been restored in the last 2 weeks?

Dotster
Emerald Rider

Post by Dotster »

Tare wrote:How can I be thinking of myself, when it's quite possible that my inactive elph has been stripped (just cba to check) and I'm not coming back for clustering? I'm just voicing my opinion. Opinions don't tend to be liked by everyone though. Calling me a prat is a sign of weakness. Instead of valid arguements you start playing it personal.

Reply to #106:

First of all, Requiel never said 20,000 accounts, it was Satyn who came up with that number.
Second, the statement about the 500 characters still stripped dates from the first week of October. So in reality and by simple logic, there should be less than 500 accounts left.

For the rest, Requiel answered most of the questions, I'm pretty sure that his post can cover any questions you might have. Read them.

my quote may of been out of order / weak, i apologise but it does seem that in last 2 weeks goa have dun nothing to repair accounts and thats why ppl are a bit annoyed due no information what so ever from them
maybe im back

New Toon Tripler - VW lvl 49uk:

all chars are gonedoh:

Tare
Emerald Rider

Post by Tare »

Dotster wrote:my quote may of been out of order / weak, i apologise but it does seem that in last 2 weeks goa have dun nothing to repair accounts and thats why ppl are a bit annoyed due no information what so ever from them
Well yes I can see ur frustration ofc, I remember when i /salvaged my epic gloves by accident :(

Satyn
Emerald Rider

Post by Satyn »

Tare wrote:How can I be thinking of myself, when it's quite possible that my inactive elph has been stripped (just cba to check) and I'm not coming back for clustering? I'm just voicing my opinion. Opinions don't tend to be liked by everyone though. Calling me a prat is a sign of weakness. Instead of valid arguements you start playing it personal.

Reply to #106:

hey ho, Satyn didnt come up with anything! I never said 20 000 accounts were still stripped ... requiel mentioned this:
Requiel wrote:We have done the majority of the item replacement requests and it doesn't seem right to me to keep around 20,000 people (which is approximately the number of active English players) waiting because a couple of hundred of them still have characters that need to be restored.

so dont say I said something when I didnt hunny.
Fallen Spirits GM
Obscurum GM
E&E
satyn1:

Tare
Emerald Rider

Post by Tare »

I stand corrected :o

Ovi
Emerald Rider

Post by Ovi »

Tare wrote: Requiel, how many characters have been restored in the last 2 weeks?
According to the other thread 38 in the last 19 days, or roughly 2 per day!

I don't particularly care either, since I doubt I will ever play DAoC again especially on the EU servers, just trying to piece together facts :)

Return to “Hibernian Cluster Discussion”