[Discussion] Server down 15.11

General 'Hibernian' forum for the entire cluster
Cryn
Emerald Rider

Post by Cryn »

Satyn wrote:aah well this was the drop for me. Will be looking out for another game as from today.
If you go to SWG my character is Looee on Chimaera server.

It's not as fun as DAoC, but they just did a major update yesterday (Tuesday) which is supposedly going to make things more fun. Ironically, SOE who I class as absolutely rubbish as a provider managed to do their patching in less time than they predicted, bringing the servers back up very smartly for once.
Peat Bog, Animist <Iron Wolves>
Cryn Twyn, Bard <Iron Wolves>
Tape Gob, Eldritch <Iron Wolves>

Inventor of the Lagapult™
House 3303, Cior Barr. Come Visit.

Now playing ... WAR on Karak Eight Peaks
Irony, Runepriest <NFD>
Sable, Witch Hunter <NFD>

Ankh Morpork

Post by Ankh Morpork »

Balu wrote:Battlefield 2
Battlefield 2 is nothing like Battleground Europe mate. Battlefield 2 is a fps shooter... Battleground Europe is a simulator.

But I do admit BF2 is cool (wish there was a ww2 expansion).

/Ankh

Balu
Emerald Rider

Post by Balu »

[quote="Satyn"]In the state i'm in atm I dont think anyone can change my mind. I'm angry at myself for getting angry over a game and some ppl in it. So its for the best trust me or i'll kill someone sooner or later.

and i'm NOT playing that game ankh is on about, i'm just not a war type of girl ]

Heard there s a game where you can simulate gardening open flower shops and sell flowers etc give it a try! *hides*
Balu of the Jungle

Balu
Emerald Rider

Post by Balu »

Ankh Morpork wrote:Battlefield 2 is nothing like Battleground Europe mate. Battlefield 2 is a fps shooter... Battleground Europe is a simulator.

But I do admit BF2 is cool (wish there was a ww2 expansion).

/Ankh
BF2 rawks, if only i could use a plane or a helicopter though....
Balu of the Jungle

Gandelf

Post by Gandelf »

What I can't understand is if things are being fixed, so that we don't get the problems, then why do we still have them? Why do we keep having all the server shutdowns if things are being fixed? Either old equipment is not being replaced as it should, or there is something more sinister going on that GOA are not telling us about, e.g. hacking into the servers or something.
I know GOA says that there is no hacking going on, but can we trust them to tell us the truth? Is GOA hiding something and if they say they are not, is that the truth?

Balu
Emerald Rider

Post by Balu »

Gandelf wrote:What I can't understand is if things are being fixed, so that we don't get the problems, then why do we still have them? Why do we keep having all the server shutdowns if things are being fixed? Either old equipment is not being replaced as it should, or there is something more sinister going on that GOA are not telling us about, e.g. hacking into the servers or something.
I know GOA says that there is no hacking going on, but can we trust them to tell us the truth? Is GOA hiding something and if they say they are not, is that the truth?
Less conspiracy theories tbh
Although even if servers were hacked they wouldnt officially admit it (not even talking about the high percentage of impossibility of it happening) , no company that has a smart marketing adviser would if they want a future.

Things happening in Daoc seem more like sometimes hardware, and mostly software related problems.
Balu of the Jungle

Ankh Morpork

Post by Ankh Morpork »

Balu wrote:Less conspiracy theories tbh
/Agree

/Ankh

Inquisitor Raal
Emerald Rider

Post by Inquisitor Raal »

Regarding other games .... :)

Anyone got any news on dark and light (settlers of ganareth) ? SoG apparantly was due to be released 15th November so i heard, with dark and light following in april 2006 - but not seen any news about it and SoG doesnt appear to be out yet.
Caylan Raal
-The Inquisitor-
Retired from DAoC...Reforming in WAR!

Asunawa in AoC
-Assassin-

levelnix
Emerald Rider

Post by levelnix »

Jupiler wrote:i camped cs for 2 weeks now non stop whenever i could and finally got it tonight...doubt you would ask for a rollback in my situation, so think before you post.
lo thats bad for you but anyway it s a game and tbh think you forgot that
i never have camped any spot for any item usw....
so i would write again the same....
get a rl m8

cu levelnix
levelnix

Ankh Morpork

Post by Ankh Morpork »

Jupiler wrote:i camped cs for 2 weeks now non stop whenever i could and finally got it tonight...doubt you would ask for a rollback in my situation, so think before you post.
Thats EXACTLY why I want a rollback ]/Ankh[/B]

Return to “Hibernian Cluster Discussion”