Littlefirby Lv51 ML9 CL10 Lurishade Thunderer

Mid Avalon - Retired
Cartilage - Lv 50 Bonedancer
Tigerstripe - LV50 Mauler
Xanidiu - Shammy BB

Xcerus
Emerald Rider

Post by Xcerus »

let me get this right Goa are able to change the way the poison mines work so much so that they actually change how Mythic say its supposed to work but you cant give an emblem respec OR in this case allow me to have the one im actually supposed to have had?
Xcerus 50 Druid
Zcerus 50 Chanter
Scerus 50 Ranger
Moaninglisa 3X Bainshee
A,B,C - alts - blah

"If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle."
- Sun Tzu

Takitothemacs
Emerald Rider

Post by Takitothemacs »

Xcerus wrote:let me get this right Goa are able to change the way the poison mines work so much so that they actually change how Mythic say its supposed to work but you cant give an emblem respec OR in this case allow me to have the one im actually supposed to have had?
Yep... I think thats a valid conclusion following the recent comments...
Hib Pryd/Excal Retired

Mid Avalon - Retired
Xanidiu - Shammy BB

Penlid
Emerald Rider

Post by Penlid »

I don't like how GoA make their customers look like liars :(
Inactive

Requiel

Post by Requiel »

Xcerus wrote:let me get this right Goa are able to change the way the poison mines work so much so that they actually change how Mythic say its supposed to work but you cant give an emblem respec OR in this case allow me to have the one im actually supposed to have had?
Yes. Some things are changeable by us. We can change anything that's a simple database value. For example if we wanted to give GoV different stats, make Leviathan a level 20 mob, make Bainshees auto train in Composite bow or whatever we can, technically, do all of that.
Some fields are not editable (guild RPs for example) and some things are not controlled by database entries but by core game code and so we can't change those. For example we couldn't make it possible for characters to be able to XP to level 55 or to make shields block lifetaps.

Takitothemacs
Emerald Rider

Post by Takitothemacs »

<yawn>

So fixing the items restoration is on GOA's list of things to do or are the remainder of players who have been stripped something that GOA cant do... seems that GOA are happy to make some changes as they see fit <cough poisonspikes> but are unwilling to admit that they play with the code as and when they see fit... "yes we can change something that shouldnt be changed" but "we choose not to change this bit..." because it doesnt suit us...

Change the record GOA... I think this one is scratched!
Hib Pryd/Excal Retired

Mid Avalon - Retired
Xanidiu - Shammy BB

Cernos
Emerald Rider

Post by Cernos »

Requiel wrote:Yes. Some things are changeable by us. We can change anything that's a simple database value.
Surely whatever attribute records whether a guild has used up its guild emblem respec is stored in a database value somewhere? Where else could it be stored? I can't imagine the core game code would keep a record of every guild ever formed and whether they've used their emblem respec or not. So since it's a database value, it can surely be reset?

Xest
Emerald Rider

Post by Xest »

Cernos wrote:Surely whatever attribute records whether a guild has used up its guild emblem respec is stored in a database value somewhere? Where else could it be stored? I can't imagine the core game code would keep a record of every guild ever formed and whether they've used their emblem respec or not. So since it's a database value, it can surely be reset?
Exactly, persistent data is stored in the database, the only other place for values to be stored would be flat file (which AFAIK DAoC doesn't use and by any means is equally editable) or in memory - which would mean each time the server is downed or reset those values return to a default and I don't think guilds get a new emblem respec each time the server reboots :p

As in your example Requiel, whilst it maybe true you can't change the level cap of a particular character, you can however change the level of a particular character. In other words whilst you can't change behaviour or definitions of values, you can change values, likewise this means whilst you can't change the amount of possible emblem respecs or how emblem respecs work, there shouldn't be any reason you can't change how many emblem respecs are available.

I think realistically though, and of course this is pure speculation, the reason you'd rather not issue emblem respecs is because as soon as you hand one out, others may cry out for them and that you probably don't have the resources to verify which request for emblem respecs are authentically caused by a bug and which aren't, which quite honestly, although it make suck for you Xcerus, is good business sense.
OFFICER XEST - PROTECTING YOU AGAINST FORUM CRIME
Che Xefan, el presidente.

Requiel

Post by Requiel »

Cernos wrote:Surely whatever attribute records whether a guild has used up its guild emblem respec is stored in a database value somewhere? Where else could it be stored? I can't imagine the core game code would keep a record of every guild ever formed and whether they've used their emblem respec or not. So since it's a database value, it can surely be reset?
Yes it is a database value. I can check guild data and see it clearly. It isn't however a manually editable field.

Cromcruaich

Post by Cromcruaich »

Requiel wrote:Yes it is a database value. I can check guild data and see it clearly. It isn't however a manually editable field.
Anyne else noticed that funny smell around here?
Crom, Druid of Na Fianna Dragun

If you have a problem, if no one else can help, and if you can find them, maybe you can hire...the A(nimist)-Team

Cue music for full effect.

Thanks to Tuthmes for the link.

Return to “Hibernian Cluster Discussion”