Dare I ask... (another one for GOA)

General 'Hibernian' forum for the entire cluster
Musejedi
Emerald Rider

Post by Musejedi »

But I wish they would say that then, instead of just getting ****y at people who pull them up about it.
Severance

HappyG
Emerald Rider

Post by HappyG »

CBA to read the whole thread... and frankly, don't give a **** about what kind of personal problems people have...

... but, this whole XML issue is laughable.
There are quite some fans out there, who did their services for DAoC community for free (DAoC Stats, Duskwave, Pirotess), spent numerious hours to improve data parsing, data storage and statistics, and you guys at GOA, cant risk a few hours to parse this data from DB to XML.
So Mythic changes DB structure each patch? When you guys changed XML structure a few years ago, those mentioned sites changed their parsers in a few days at max. You have 3 months to think about upcoming patch DB structure, and it only really takes a few hours to change the parsing script.

Half of people have RSS outputs on their 3-visitors-a-day websites and blogs, don't tell me company like GOA cannot do it...

And, TBH, XML is not a small part of gaming experience, DAoC is a competition, and competition without a ladder is a **** one.
Hep, treated MMORPG addict, on the way to master his uni
Morana, one of a few Rangers, that did not Zerg. Retired for good.

Rejecta

Post by Rejecta »

I have filled in a feedback form on the Herald about the XML situation, maybe a kick up the arse from Mythic will do the job.. I suggest you all do the same.

Requiel I know you are not replying but you probably still are reading, this is YET another problem that has gone on way to long, honestly people are getting so frustrated at half the newer chars not being on the xml and all the others being outdated.

HappyG
Emerald Rider

Post by HappyG »

http://forums.freddyshouse.com/showthre ... ost2570810

Exactly Gamah, someone should put this on a sticky...
Hep, treated MMORPG addict, on the way to master his uni
Morana, one of a few Rangers, that did not Zerg. Retired for good.

Zuke
Emerald Rider

Post by Zuke »

I can cope without the chronicles but the remaining character issues are totaly unacceptable. So many people still with outstanding equipment issues is outrageous.
Zuke - Shadowblade R6L0, ML8.
Souf - Runemaster R6L3, ML10.
Zukette - Valkyrie R4L2, ML3.
Aarn - Healer R4L3, ML0.
<Clan Chaos / Midgard - Prydwen>

Kallima

Post by Kallima »

Zuke wrote:I can cope without the chronicles but the remaining character issues are totaly unacceptable. So many people still with outstanding equipment issues is outrageous.
Agreed. My characters were sorted long ago but I really feel for people still awaiting having their stuff restored. Can they please sort out what must be a relatively few remaining people who have suffered a terribly long wait so we can put the database corruption behind us?

ambera
Emerald Rider

Post by ambera »

Personally, I haven't gotten over the fact that GOA did not have a reliable backup strategy, had not tested their backups, don't have any proper redundancy in place to keep the servers up, clearly have no database expertise and, as far as we know, STILL don't have a proper disaster recovery plan.

I used to work for an IT function that was frankly crap, run by someone who knew more about reiki than RAID arrays, but we still had proper backups, a disaster recovery plan and enough in house expertise to know when someone was giving us bad advice.

Poor customer relations on top of that is just salt in the wound.

It would be tough on people who have lots of TOA'd level 50's on multiple accounts, but for me with my 2.5 rvr-ready toons... I'm with Shark. If I could take the community with me I'd be on the US servers in a shot.
Ambera the Heroine
Avery, Thid NS & Potion Monkey
Ascarii the Warden
Animamba, Verdant Ani
Ahoulin, Luri Screamer

long-tailed nanny-o

Requiel

Post by Requiel »

I'm going to break my rule and reply just once more.
Frankly I don't need to do this. I have tried to be open and honest, I've passed on the information that I've been given and I've always attempted to do my best for the community. Being continually called a liar, being told I don't care and having to continually rebut the same misinformation over and over again is not something I particularly want to deal with and nor should I have to. I get involved in forums to help the community, I don't feel that I have to do that anymore if the community is being offensively hostile.

We have official communication channels. Those channels are Rightnow and direct communication with GMs ingame. If you have queries in future you can direct them there. I shall also continue to monitor and respond on FH. I shall no longer be participating in this forum.

Gahn

Post by Gahn »

Typical.
Can bury your head too in sand now, easier than facing problems ^^
Gahn LoneWolf Celt Seraph Tiarna Prydwen
Na Fianna Dragun
Gahn Lonewolf Guardian [TDA] on Gunnar's Hold

Ankh Morpork

Post by Ankh Morpork »

ah great...really great :(

thank you very much guys...

/Ankh