Strength Attribute Idea...

General 'Hibernian' forum for the entire cluster
Gandelf

Strength Attribute Idea...

Post by Gandelf »

I think it would be a good idea if the strength attribute was not responsible for how much stuff you can carry.

As it stands, races with low strength and who don't have strength as a primary, secondary or tertiary attribute cannot carry they same amount of stuff as some of the more stronger races/classes in the game. In a way, this is a little unfair because if say, you're out soloing and getting drops, the character with less strength has to empty the backpack more often, which can be a pain if you're miles away from a merchant/vault etc. Also, crafters with lower strength can't carry as much crafting materials and sometimes get totally encumbered.

I would like to see a new system, whereby what a player can carry is not determined by strength. Yes, I know we have the "Lifter" Realm Ability, but it's a waste of Realm Skill Points imo and there are more important abilities to purchase. So, what if every player had the same carrying capacity? i.e. something not related to strength? To pluck a figure out of the air, say a value equivalent to having strength at 200 or something? This figure would stay the same, except where players decide to get "Lifter".

Then strength would only be related to combat damage etc.

stupeh
Emerald Rider

Post by stupeh »

So a lurikeen and a kobold carrying as much as a firbolg and a troll! :o
~

Elrandhir

Post by Elrandhir »

this is the same really in any RPG, so even though it's sad for those classes with low strenght, it's like it should be really.

Cromcruaich

Post by Cromcruaich »

dont have a problem with it as it is.

keep the ideas coming though :)
Crom, Druid of Na Fianna Dragun

If you have a problem, if no one else can help, and if you can find them, maybe you can hire...the A(nimist)-Team

Cue music for full effect.

Thanks to Tuthmes for the link.

ambera
Emerald Rider

Post by ambera »

It's not supposed to be *fair*. If it was fair, all classes would be the same. Call me a roleplayer, but I don't think it should be possible for even a firby to carry a whole ram in his pocket, never mind a lurikeen...
Ambera the Heroine
Avery, Thid NS & Potion Monkey
Ascarii the Warden
Animamba, Verdant Ani
Ahoulin, Luri Screamer

long-tailed nanny-o

Mojo

Post by Mojo »

ambera wrote:It's not supposed to be *fair*. If it was fair, all classes would be the same. Call me a roleplayer, but I don't think it should be possible for even a firby to carry a whole ram in his pocket, never mind a lurikeen...
Your a Roleplayer!
look, no hands!

Now retired

Cromcruaich

Post by Cromcruaich »

ambera wrote:It's not supposed to be *fair*. If it was fair, all classes would be the same. Call me a roleplayer, but I don't think it should be possible for even a firby to carry a whole ram in his pocket, never mind a lurikeen...
Thats not a ram in my pocket ...
Crom, Druid of Na Fianna Dragun

If you have a problem, if no one else can help, and if you can find them, maybe you can hire...the A(nimist)-Team

Cue music for full effect.

Thanks to Tuthmes for the link.

ambera
Emerald Rider

Post by ambera »

I can always rely on you to step up to the mark, Crom

\o/
Ambera the Heroine
Avery, Thid NS & Potion Monkey
Ascarii the Warden
Animamba, Verdant Ani
Ahoulin, Luri Screamer

long-tailed nanny-o

Wyst
Emerald Rider

Post by Wyst »

Can we also have all spells unaffected by stats for casting speeds and swing speeds and damage unaffected by stats?

I think this would be a progressive way to get rid of BBs and make everyone without one happy.

Perhaps we could also have specific good looking character models for characters with high Charisma?

Please excuse my sarcasm and take this post in good humour
Wyst Fullthinker 50 Warden ML10 BM RR8+
Vilcleft Cullthinker 50 BM ML10 BL RR5+
Ydrys Bard ML10 Soj RR4+
Hegglion 50 Voidy M10 convoker RR3+
Grusalug Hero, brainless ML8 WL RR3+
Cwmblyss MotherofWyst ML10 Conv RR2+
Ydryst Darkside screamer ML10 RR4+
Arnfiorgrit Valewalker ML8 RR3+
Molarbfloem Druid ML10 Perfector RR6+
Quickflick NS ML5 RR3+
Some others of lesser note on other servers of no consequence

All now asleep and probably forgotton

Elrandhir

Post by Elrandhir »

Wyst wrote:Can we also have all spells unaffected by stats for casting speeds and swing speeds and damage unaffected by stats?

I think this would be a progressive way to get rid of BBs and make everyone without one happy.

Perhaps we could also have specific good looking character models for characters with high Charisma?

Please excuse my sarcasm and take this post in good humour

well even though I aint no real roleplayer as I can't understand why having to pretend ur 1 with ur char or something.

This is still an RPG though even though it almost dosent feel like it sometimes.. for me Baldursgate is a roleplaying game and I really enjoy games like that, but not like I feel the need to talk in a spicific way or so, but I do like storys in games like that..compared to Baldursgate and games like that Daoc really suck, only fun thing in Daoc is reallt RvR ;D

Still those who wants to pretend and so, good for them and I guess they have fun doing so ;D

Return to “Hibernian Cluster Discussion”