French Classic Sever... Requiel please read

General 'Hibernian' forum for the entire cluster
Elrandhir

Post by Elrandhir »

Thandruil wrote:Tbh reading this sounds like u are the racist m8. U speak english, so the french speaking people can't play on YOUR english server.

Does that include me as well then? I speak Dutch, English, French and German.

1 of the things Gand said:
The English and French are just as bad as each other and so intolerant

no not really, he, from how I see it hes just saying it's a mess between the French and English players, and that is why he think they should make an French 1 to make it better.

I have no clue how it is myself really and I doubt I would care as I have said.

But imo, whereever your from, on an English server you adapt to english.

VidX

Post by VidX »

Banana wrote::(

why does everyone keep sayng that :(
Satyn wrote:like gandelf said he only made this post to stir ppl up again. And its starting to do my head in tbh. There has been a lot of shit going on on this forum lately that i can really do without another 'stir up' post.
^^
Usp Caffeinechanter - level 6 Roasted Bean
Can find me as Manachanter in most things...
World of Warships [NA] mainly

usp:

HappyG
Emerald Rider

Post by HappyG »

Gandelf wrote:Also, English is an international language too, thus making it easier for the rest of the world to communicate with us and vice versa.
Basicly Gandelf, if you want to stand behind your theory start learning Chineese and Spanish, because those 2 languages have far more active speakers than English. It will make the rest of the world easier communicate with you and vice versa.
English might have an advantage on the internet, but based on some projections there will be more Chineese web sites than English in less than 10 years.
Gandelf wrote:That's why I think it's wrong (imo) why Kilograms, Litres and Kilometres are replacing Pounds, Gallons and Miles.
100,000 cm = 10,000 dm = 1000 m = 1 km
100000 inches = 8,333.33 feet = 2,777.78 yards = 1.58 miles

1000 g = 1kg
100 ounces = 6.25 pounds

I really wonder why the hell you guys want to keep imperial units :P You enjoy torchuring your kids with unit conversions in the school?

Tradition must end somewhere, or we would still be paying 100 goats and 2 bearskin coats for a new laptop :P If you want to continue English tradition Gandelf, my advice would be to stick with good old english food .)
Hep, treated MMORPG addict, on the way to master his uni
Morana, one of a few Rangers, that did not Zerg. Retired for good.

stupeh
Emerald Rider

Post by stupeh »

Thandruil wrote:Tbh reading this sounds like u are the racist m8. U speak english, so the french speaking people can't play on YOUR english server.

Does that include me as well then? I speak Dutch, English, French and German.
Sounds like you're jumping on the "you're a racist" bandwagon... wtf? So someone doesn't like having people who are speaking a language different to that of the server text language, IN PUBLIC, and wants them to do it elsewhere, is a racist?.. Fuck off tbh ;o
~

Maeloch

Post by Maeloch »

HappyG wrote:I really wonder why the hell you guys want to keep imperial units :P You enjoy torchuring your kids with unit conversions in the school?
Thing is, if you grow up with them u know instinctively how much 12 stone, 5 pounds is (or whatever). Weight in Kg means nothing to me, neither does height in cm - I know 2m is tall, i know 1.5m is a midget...otherwise it means nothing. If someone is 6ft or 6ft 4inchs i know exactly how tall they are.

I grew up in the generation that got both metric and imperial at school, but unfortunately neither in the same units. Imperial temperature is incomprehensible to me, as we learnt centigrade and kelvin, but likewise metric weight and height is gibberish, as is km per hr.

Like in a lot of ways, British people are someway between the US and europe. Despite taking pride in imperial measurements, most Brits don't realise how metrified they are - go to the US. They still use imperial in alot of fields brits have gone metric - science, engineering, etc., as in general use (would challenge most brits under 35 to understand a US weather forcast).
Mael, 50th ment.

Edlina
Emerald Rider

Post by Edlina »

[quote="stupeh"]Sounds like you're jumping on the "you're a racist" bandwagon... wtf? So someone doesn't like having people who are speaking a language different to that of the server text language, IN PUBLIC, and wants them to do it elsewhere, is a racist?.. Fuck off tbh ]

Omg u r racist stupeh!

(soz I'm bored :( )
Ed / Edy
Not playing: Mrmotivator ze bard

Sharkith

Post by Sharkith »

ambera wrote:Entendre français ne vous tuera pas.

Edit: see?
corrr

Sharkith

Post by Sharkith »

Haarewin wrote:Bonjour le Français, ceci est un serveur anglais, parlent svp anglais dans les canaux publics, merci !
helloooo baby!

Sharkith

Post by Sharkith »

Maeloch wrote:Thing is, if you grow up with them u know instinctively how much 12 stone, 5 pounds is (or whatever).
can someone help me my French chick on the English/French server said she was 260 pounds is that like 4 stone? :(

Maeloch

Post by Maeloch »

Sharkith wrote:can someone help me my French chick on the English/French server said she was 260 pounds is that like 4 stone? :(
She should join the french rugby team.
Mael, 50th ment.

Return to “Hibernian Cluster Discussion”