Stealth lore pets wtf

General 'Hibernian' forum for the entire cluster
Jupiler
Emerald Rider

Post by Jupiler »

ok remove both then :cow: we all play melee/hybrid wars!
&quot wrote:After playing zupiler and repeatedly getting beat by him (bastard)

Sanguinans
Emerald Rider

Post by Sanguinans »

It'll get "hotfixed" on the EU servers early next week.

This was posted on a similar thread on fh. No need to worry about it any longer.
Sanguinans Antis
Vampiir

Perf Ection
Nightshade

Guild.
Nevermore
Excalibur.

pikeh
Emerald Rider

Post by pikeh »

Gandelf wrote:I never really liked stealth classes anyway. All that sneaking around, unseen. Camping bridges and milegates, PAing you or knifing you in the back, or shooting you with arrows. The most unfair ability of all in the game is stealth... they (stealthers) can see you but you can't see them!

Then you get all those stealthing idiots who /laugh at you because you can't see them. Then they "rub it in" by doing /bow over your dead body!

Do away with stealth altogether imo and the more Mythic do to nerf stealth, the better, imo.

But that's just me. I hate stealthers.
ahh the ability to kill you in three nukes while your stunned is really fair as well i suppose.
:dairylea:
Piikeh/SH/r40/rr4X
<White Rose>
R.I.P Severance

Gandelf

Post by Gandelf »

pikeh wrote:ahh the ability to kill you in three nukes while your stunned is really fair as well i suppose.
:dairylea:

But at least most of the time you can see the caster and you have a chance to get out line of sight before he can stun and nuke you.

With stealthers you don't get a chance cos they can attack you without being seen.

I personally think that Mythic realise that the majority of players are opposed to stealth... that's why they've introduced such measures as Brittle Guards and PS nodes. Why else would they introduce such measures? Obviously the feedback from players told them that there needed to be some counter-measure to stealth, else they wouldn't have created Brittles and PS Nodes.

I don't know why the stealthers are whining anyway. They can always play on the Classic servers, where there are no Brittles or PS Nodes.

But you know me, I like a good whine myself. It helps to inject a bit of excitement into the forum. :P

Thandruil
Emerald Rider

Post by Thandruil »

Gandelf wrote:
I don't know why the stealthers are whining anyway. They can always play on the Classic servers, where there are no Brittles or PS Nodes.

But you know me, I like a good whine myself. It helps to inject a bit of excitement into the forum. :P
Like u said urself ur the one whining here. Why would people with stealthers have to go on Glast just so u could have fun?? Weren't u the one in Glast advertising ur guild in every town and trying to get people in it? So even if we did go there, ur there as well, and so the complaining begins again. First u were complaining about the french, now about stealthers, what's next? Healers? Cause they healed the person u were about to kill?

And maybe u didn't notice, but 90% of the time when u c a stealther he's solo or in duo, while u as an Eld can easily get a group to RvR. Don't know much solo stealthers who'd attack a fg, unless they wanted to sui.

So quit the whine, be the wolf and get a life. Stealthers been in DAoC since day 1, and we've been nerfed enough already!
Thandruil lvl51 Elf Ranger RR6L3 ML10 CL5 :thand:
Thand lvl51 Warden RR6L5 ML10 CL5:wave:
Vanara lvl50 Animist ML10
Extreme lvl50 Blademistress ML10

GM of Fallen Spirits :ranger:

Retired from DAoC now and started BF2142!

pikeh
Emerald Rider

Post by pikeh »

?

the "stealthers" arent whining. was a few people speaking out against such an obvious and unfair bug -(most people have to level up artis to get SL). We dont have to go and play the "cla-tacombs" servers just so we can have less abilities, poorer armour and weapons etc.

I know lots of casters - i dont know one which seems so intent on making out casters are hard done by nowadays.
Piikeh/SH/r40/rr4X
<White Rose>
R.I.P Severance

Satyn
Emerald Rider

Post by Satyn »

Gandelf wrote:But at least most of the time you can see the caster and you have a chance to get out line of sight before he can stun and nuke you.

Yeah, if you happen to be in my rvr grp i have to use all my power on rezzing you and none left to heal others (thats how good you are at getting out of sight from casters)

and the forums has been tense enough as it is so cut it out.
Fallen Spirits GM
Obscurum GM
E&E
satyn1:

Silverbirch
Emerald Rider

Post by Silverbirch »

Satyn wrote:Yeah, if you happen to be in my rvr grp i have to use all my power on rezzing you and none left to heal others (thats how good you are at getting out of sight from casters)
Ouch....
Now playing...

Midgard Glastonbury

Jemima, 'I see dead people'
Blencathra, pacifier
Helvelyn, Hoooge Twoll

-----
US ACCOUNTS...... Chanter ebayed, Druid Ebayed, Ranger for sale.....

-----
ON ICE... Hibernia Prydwen

Silverbirch Suela - Ranger

Anelille oftheValley - Enchantress

Flyagaric - Animist and mushroom abuser

Boofont Hairstylist - Druid

GM OF THE SYLVAN BLADES

------

PRYDWEN... A LOCAL SERVER FOR LOCAL PEOPLE

Gandelf

Post by Gandelf »

Thandruil wrote:Like u said urself ur the one whining here. Why would people with stealthers have to go on Glast just so u could have fun?? Weren't u the one in Glast advertising ur guild in every town and trying to get people in it? So even if we did go there, ur there as well, and so the complaining begins again. First u were complaining about the french, now about stealthers, what's next? Healers? Cause they healed the person u were about to kill?

And maybe u didn't notice, but 90% of the time when u c a stealther he's solo or in duo, while u as an Eld can easily get a group to RvR. Don't know much solo stealthers who'd attack a fg, unless they wanted to sui.

So quit the whine, be the wolf and get a life. Stealthers been in DAoC since day 1, and we've been nerfed enough already!

This doesn't sound like you Thandruil. It's not your style, which makes me suspicious. But I don't want to say what I believe is happening, because I could be wrong.

But in response to the statement above:-

1. I don't see what my advertising of the "Moondogs" guild on Glastonbury Midgard has got to do with my whine about stealthers, but in any case, it's none of your business. There are no rules in the CoC that say you're not allowed to actively recruit members by advertising in the broadcast channel and before anyone accuses me of spamming in the broadcast channel, don't, because I only advertise once or twice a night and only when I'm in Jordheim, Aegir or Mularn. In my opinion, there is no difference between advertising a guild in-game or on this forum. In fact, I have only had one in-game complaint on Glastonbury about me advertising the guild recruitment... and that person is someone who uses this forum, who said it was "desperate" and "sad". When that person complained someone else using the broadcast channel said that what the person who complained had said was "harsh". I won't say who the complainer was, but I do have a full screenshot of the incident, should I ever need to use it.
In addition, I have had loads of comments from players who have thanked me for advertising the guild, because they were able to ask me for an invite. What's so wrong about that? The fact that we have 95+ members at the last count only proves that it is a good way to recruit and all of those who have been recruited will say they are happy to be in the guild. I think it is good and right to actively invite other players into one's guild. A lot of other guilds turn their noses up at new players, or stop recruiting altogether. What sort of attitude is that? All guilds should be more than happy to invite new players. Every new player deserves a chance.

2. I haven't complained about the French as such. You are making that up! What I did whine about was the fact that both the French and the English were as bad as each other for being so intolerant towards each other's language in the /gu chat of the startup guild:
Gandelf wrote:
It's doing my head in listening to all the racist chat on Glastonbury.

All I hear is "This is an English server. If you're French, please make a separate cg!"

The English and French are just as bad as each other and so intolerant.

3. This is a public forum and if someone wants to voice their opinion, then they should. What so often happens, is that someone says something and because someone else disagrees they accuse them of whining and then start hurling abuse. Such people are just demonstrating their disrespect and are unable to accept that people have different views.

4. I don't need to "get a life". I have a perfectly happy one already. If what I say offends people, then so be it... it's called "freedom of speech". How many times throughout the history of mankind have those who have had unorthodox opinions been "silenced"? Nicolas Copernicus was "silenced" because he said that the world circled the Sun! If I seem to go on and on, then that's only because people can't resist having a go at me and the more people keep having a go at me, the less likely I am to shut up.

...and the next person to whine about Gandelf is.......

Aran_Thule

Post by Aran_Thule »

me <grin> :aran1:
Aran Thule, Epic Sniper and Sojourner, Guild leader of the Artisans of Willow(roleplay guild)

Return to “Hibernian Cluster Discussion”